About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
- The INSURANCE TO COVER CANCELLATION penalties (from the time of the reservation to the beginning of the stay) will be INCLUDED IN THE FINAL PRICE;
- Our STAFF will be at your complete disposal for ensuring you a care-free holiday;
- Our BOOKING OFFICE OPEN 7/7 with MULTI-LANGUAGES TRAVEL SPECIALISTS, with perfect knowledge of the villas and their location;
- 7/7 days PERSONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE and SUPPORT CENTRE AT DISPOSAL BEFORE AND DURING YOUR STAY;
- PROFESSIONAL CONTROLLERS who PERIODICALLY CHECK THE VILLAS and ensure the quality standards;
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR HOLIDAY with OUR ADDITIONAL SERVICES (such as IN HOUSE CHEF, PRIVATE TRANSFER, CAR RENTAL and much more). All our services are supplied by PROFESSIONAL and CERTIFIED COMPANIES;
PRIVATE STRUCTURE. This elegant, typical country house, built on the ruins of an old farmhouse, is embedded in the beautiful patchwork landscape of the winding green hills of Umbria, a few kilometres from the borgo of Piegaro. Clad in sandstone recovered from the original building, the classy interior is chic and refined at the same time, featuring exquisite handcrafted furnishings and elegant accessories, floors of locally-made terracotta and chestnut wood for the doors and windows and for the ceiling beams. The heart of the house is the large living area with multiple accesses to the garden, duetting with the attractive set-up areas of the terrace and portico surrounded by a splendid garden, a true oasis of peace with many well-kept green areas and the exclusive panoramic pool. To fulfill your quest for a perfect holiday is the splendid wellness area with hot tub and Turkish bath, the fully air-conditioned interior equipped with wi-fi and the spacious bedrooms, all with their own ensuite bathroom. San Leonardo will captivate you with this magical combination of ingredients; it will also be the starting point for exploring the most prestigious places of artistic and environmental interest that abound in the immediate surroundings: Todi, Orvieto, Assisi and Perugia as well as some of the pearls of southern Tuscany such as Chianciano, Montepulciano, Città della Pieve and Cortona, all easily and rapidly accessible thanks to the numerous road links close to the property. NO SMOKERS HOUSE.
The house has three floors connected by an internal staircase. The main entrance, reached across the portico on one side of the house, leads into a large open-plan area, arranged with seating areas and then the dining area connected to the kitchen with centre island and barbecue fireplace. Various French windows provide direct outside access, consenting a continuous use of the terrace and portico. The ground floor is completed by a twin bedroom with ensuite bathroom with shower. On one side of the living room are the stairs leading up to the first floor and down to the basement with laundry room, bathroom with shower and the wellness area with hot tub with chromotherapy, Turkish bath, stereo, exercise bike and relaxation beds. On the first floor is the rest of the sleeping area with a twin bedroom with three extra beds (two bunk beds and a single sofa bed, suitable for children) with ensuite bathroom with shower, three double bedrooms with private bathroom, two with shower and one with tub and shower head.
San Leonardo is surrounded by the green embrace of extensive grounds destined, for the most part, to arable land but with a large 8000 sq m lawn area around the villa and the set-up garden areas. Olive trees, hedges, broom, various fruit trees, a small vegetable garden and flowering lavender bushes frame the large terrace that stretches out in front of the French windows of the kitchen/dining room, organized as a sitting area with dining table next to a stone barbecue. On the other side of the house, outside the living room, is a large portico with an additional sitting/dining area, used also as a veranda thanks to the sliding glass on all sides. There is a large parking area at the end of the access driveway, set on a lower level and reached down a flight of steps.
Bathed by the sun and surrounded by a green lawn, the beautiful swimming pool lies in the centre of the garden on one side of the house, which is about 15 m away. The rectangular pool, accessed down submerged steps, is lined in PVC and has a stone border; it measures 6 x 12 m with the depth ranging from 1.20 to 1.60 m. It has salt purification and internal and external lighting. The elegant stone-paved sunbathing area surrounding the pool extends out onto the soft grass and is equipped with sunbeds, coffee tables and a jasmine-covered stone gazebo providing shade. Thanks to solar panels on the gazebo roof it is possible to heat the pool. There is a cold-water shower. The pool is open from the last Saturday in April until the first Saturday in October.
Yes. € 30,00 per animal per week to be paid on site
(We remind that the herein contained information and any possible updates are to be attested by the Property Manager).
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- English, Italian, French, Russian, German, Spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 19, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
ReviewsThis property doesn't have any reviews yet.
San Leonardo is located about 4 kilometres from the medieval borgo of Piegaro, reference point for shops and services, situated among the woods of Turkey oaks on a hill top along the eastern slopes of the river Nestore. The development that the place underwent during the Middle Ages, thanks to some Venetian master glassmakers who began a flourishing activity here, is evident from the remains of the perimeter walls and defensive towers. The village today offers the possibility of venturing into the green Umbrian woods along the paths that lead to Monte Petrarvella and to Monte Pausillo or of visiting the nearby medieval village of Cibottola which was seat of one of the first Franciscan convents. This is a strategic location in the green region of Umbria allows guests to get around to places of great interest not only in Umbria itself but also in southern Tuscany. The E45 highway is perfect for local travel as well as for longer routes as it links up with the A1 Rome-Florence motorway, so towns like Perugia, Assisi, Todi and Orvieto are all reachable in less than an hour as are smaller but equally interesting places, like Città della Pieve, the villages around Lake Trasimeno, Cortona and Montepulciano. Lovers of the outdoors can go hiking and mountain biking along the trails that abound in the area, famous for the variety of nature spots of irrefutable charm. We are just a few steps from the faboulous and large “Parco di Montarale” with pic-nic areas that from its 853 m on the sea level provides a panoramic view of the Trasimeno basin.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
- To be paid at the time of booking: 25% as DEPOSIT (non-refundable) calculated on the listed price; - To be paid within 60 days prior to the beginning of lease: 75% as BALANCE to be paid by bank transfer or credit card. 5,9% Emma Villas Commissions INCLUDED in the final price of the reservation: this includes costs for opening and management of the practice, customer assistance service 7 days per week, agency commission, EUROP ASSISTANCE POLICY to cover penalties in case of cancellation of the stay). At your arrival will be requested (by the property owner) the damage deposit (totally refundable in case of no damages at the end of the stay). Damage Deposit: 1.000,00 Euro The price includes: fully cleaned property equipped with linens utilities (water - gas for kitchen use and hot water) The price does not include: electricity Euro 160,00 per week to be paid on site heating (on consumption up to date market prices) tourism tax (where applicable)