Elegant and very comfortable villa „Tuscan style“ completely restored by taking great care in preserving the former structure of an old farmhouse with beamed ceilings and original floors. Completely furnished with high standard “designer” furniture. 220 m² living space on a 4600 m² ground. The area is very quiet and extremely relaxing.
4 bedrooms with a total of 7 beds, 3 bathrooms plus 1 guest WC, 1 large kitchen, 2 living rooms, a wide covered pergola with a magnificent view over the hills of Monte Serra.
All windows are equipped with sliding mosquito nets. Central and independent heating. Wi-Fi connection with broad band. Barbeque outside.
The garden area is excellent for open-air enjoyment and for “alfresco”-dining. The large beautiful garden is totally fenced, regularly cared for and equipped with sun loungers, armchairs and couches. It includes the private swimming pool (12x6 meters/19x39 feet, variable depth from 1.40 to 2.50 meters/4.5 to 8 feet, diving board and steps for entry/exit) which is set on a paved terrace and furnished with sun umbrellas, sun loungers and a shower with hot water.
The villa is located within walking distance of the village of Colle di Compito (Municipality of Capannori, 15 km from the downtown of Lucca) where one can find several small food-shops, a bar, a pharmacy, the Post office and some typical Tuscan trattorie.
The location is a strategic starting point for excursions and for visiting the numerous fascinating rural villages of “ancient times”, medieval ruins and manors and the main towns in the area. In fact, it is only 26 km to Pisa, 40 km to the Versilia coast [Viareggio, Lido di Camaiore, Pietrasanta, Forte dei Marmi], 45 km to Livorno, 59 km to Volterra, 66 km to San Gimignano, 74 km to Florence.
In a very short time one can reach the renowned thermal spas at Casciana Terme (30 km) and Uliveto Terme (18 km) for experiencing a unique and regenerating wealth and beauty treatment.
Food supermarkets can easily be reached by car: CONAD is 4 km away in the direction of Lucca, COOP is 7 km away in Bientina, ESSELUNGA is 13 km away on the outskirts of Lucca. In case of interest in a selection of genuine and typical Tuscan food: 2 km from the villa, in the direction of Lucca, there is the “Frantoio Sociale di Pieve di Compito”, an oil-mill site where they also produce and sell olive oil.
Description of the rooms:
Large kitchen having a table for up to 10 persons, a broad and useful work surface, gas cooker with 5 burners, electrical oven, dish-washer, micro-wave, big fridge, toaster, mixer, coffee machines, etc. Obviously, fully equipped with dishes, cutlery, pots and pans, glasses, cups and everything that is necessary for skilled cooks. 2 highchairs are provided.
1 guest WC
Laundry with washing machine, drying machine, ironing device
Living room with a fireplace, a wide-screen SAT-TV and a DVD-player
2 bedrooms, each having a double bed. One of them has an en-suite bathroom with shower
1 bedroom with a single bed
1 large bathroom equipped with a Jacuzzi-bathtub
1 large living room having a sofa, a table, a big SAT-TV, a DVD-player. One wall of this room is made of windows with armoured glass and provides a lovely view over the garden and the near surroundings
1 large bedroom with a double bed and en-suite bathroom with shower
Further on-site services and general information:
- 2 cots available, free of charge
- Private parking for at least four cars inside the property
- Final cleaning is included in the rental price as well as an intermediate extra-cleaning (on Saturdays) in case of a stay longer than one week. In this case all blankets and towels will be replaced with fresh ones.
- Extra-ordinary assistance for cleaning, laundry and other needs can be provided by the “caretaking lady” who charges € 13 per hour
- Electricity is included in the rental price up to 330 kW for week. The supply meter will be read together with the guests at their arrival. Each kW beyond the limit will be extra charged at € 0.80 and will be paid to the caretaking lady in cash.
- The swimming pool is open each year from the beginning of May until Mid of October
- Pets are not permitted
- The house is unfortunately not recommended for disabled people because of the stairs