Self-Catering 1 Bedroom Cottage, 1 bathroom with shower, 2 adults
- english, german, some French
About Gabriela Luery
Douglas, born and educated in the UK, put his engineering skills to work and built the cottages. He loves old trains and maps and shares his extensive knowledge of Antigua with the guests. Gabriela hails from Austria, doubles as the Austrian Consul to Antigua and shares her time between running the business, looking after the guests and, whenever the mood strikes, being an artist.
Why Gabriela Luery chose St John's
Within a 5-minute walk to the nearest sand beach by the Caribbean Sea, Yepton Estate Cottages is ideally located in a tropical garden on a salt lake with lots of bird life. It is so peaceful that just swinging in your hammock, reading or watching the wild life, will replenish your soul.
What makes this Cottage unique
Having managed a resort in Antigua for many years, we wanted to create something 'different and better' for the self-catering market. We did not just want to put the key to the property in your hand on arrival and leave you to your own devices. We are here, we are accessible and we will assist with whatever we can to make your holiday a true memory - all while preserving your privacy.
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Beautiful, relaxing vacation.
Gabby and Douglas are fantastic hosts and make you feel that this is our new home away from home. Douglas is very knowledgeable about the island and where to go and what to see. The cottage that we stayed in was well layed out. Just the right size for the two of us. It was well stocked with pots and pans, plates, everything you would need for the week. It was so quiet and peaceful, just sitting around the pool or on our front porch to read a book or have a nap. It was great.
We will definitely be back.
Dear Wanda and Jim,
It is easy to be good hosts when you have terrific guests. Thank you so much for your visit and we look forward to seeing you again. With best regards Gabriela and Douglas
An amazing time at Yepton Estate Cottages.
My husband and I stayed for a week at the Yepton Estate Cottages and had an amazing time on the island. The weather was fantastic and the cottage was perfect for us.
Here are a few highlights:
- Easy access to the Yepton beach, just a short walk around the lagoon and through the neighbouring resort (no issues with this at all). In fact, they let us use one of their beach chairs one day.
- Clean cottage, well equipped and no bugs. The kitchen had everything we needed and even had a cooler we took to the beaches every day - the owners have us some ice packs to keep it all cool. There were beach chairs and we also borrowed an umbrella one day. It was nice to have our kitchen and make our own healthier breakfasts. We sat on the balcony overlooking the lagoon drinking our coffee in the mornings. Beautiful and peaceful place. There was also a hammock available - nice, especially in the early mornings and late afternoons!
- Towels.... well, this was a definite plus. 4 beach towels available! And all towels changed on the fourth day. Fabulous.
- The owners, Gabriela and Douglas. They were very attentive and helpful. Instructions to get to the cottage were fantastic and very detailed. Gabriela took us grocery shopping on our first day to get essentials and show us around town. Douglas spent an hour with us and a map of Antigua, showing us were to go and recommending restaurants. They made our stay easy and were always available to help!
- Location. This could go either way. It worked for us because we wanted to be a little more away and relax (no noise). The only close restaurant that you can walk is the one on the neighbouring resort. Then, you will have to go into town for food (or you can cook your own, which is what we often did.... We had lunch out and stayed in for dinner). However, there is easy access to everywhere on the island by car (we were not drinking, so didn't need to take taxis, so can't comment that). Douglas developed a GPS map that is pretty detailed and VERY helpful.
Overall, there were no major negatives. The only thing I can think of is having to go through town to get to other places on the island, which is not a big deal. Did not use the pool, so can't comment on that.
Highly recommend the Yepton Estate Cottages. Great place to relax. Clean, safe and easy. Can't wait to be back!!
Lovely accommodation and great hosts
We stayed for 10 nights in Yepton and enjoyed every single day we spent there. All the things written in the other reviews are true Gabby and Douglas really are great hosts.
Upon arrival (the cottages are set in a lovely location), Gabby gave us a drink and then Douglas drove us to the supermarket. Gabby helped organise car hire for a week (which was very smooth and all went well) and booked us taxis for some other days.
On our first morning, we had breakfast with a number of friendly birds that would subsequently appear each day and then Douglas took us through the map and recommended places to go, things to see, good restaurants and very helpful driving tips/directions. We were impressed by all the recommendations that he gave us.
We stayed in the studio cottage which was lovely and had a very well stocked kitchen. There are a number of extras in the cottage such as beach towels, beach chairs, cool box etc all things that really make a difference. We were also given a phone which we didn’t use much, but it is a nice touch and very useful to have just in case.
We saw a lot of the island during our stay and always looked forward to getting back to our “home”.
Great relaxing vacation!
Yepton was a great vacation for us! Gabby and Doug were so accommodating and helpful not only in arranging logistics but really taking the time and effort to make sure that we had a great time. The location of Yepton was very convenient and easily accessible to everything. While not directly on the beach, the Cottages are very tranquil and a close walk to a nearby beach. They arranged a car rental, grocery shopping and went through a ‘virtual tour’ of the island which was extraordinarily helpful. In addiion, they know the island very well and could clearly make recommendations for anything that we wanted to do. We stayed in the studio apts which was plenty of space and everything was clean and well appointed. Antigua overall was a great vacation with beautiful beaches. We also went to Nicole’s table for a cooking lesson/meal which we highly enjoyed and recommend. Overall, Yepton is a great alternative to the typical Antiguan all-inclusive resort that we would completely recommend without reservation.
We are very pleased, Thomas and Spela, that we could make you comfortable during your LAST CARIBBEAN FLING before Baby - and we thank you for your generous review and kind words. Best wishes and warmest regards Gabriela and Douglas
Six nights in paradise
A comfortable and wonderfully well equipped property. I stayed in a one bedroomed cottage which was spacious for one person and would still be ideal for two. I knew exactly what to expect from the description and my expectations were exceeded in every way. Spotlessly clean on my arrival with a charming lady who came in mid stay and cleaned up for me and replenished towels.
Gabriela and Douglas live very close by and when they say they want to help make your stay special they mean it. I was given help when required and lent books on the natural history, the bird watching opportunities on the lake are not to be missed. I stayed as a lone female and felt safe the whole time I was there. Security is good even though the properties are quite remote.
Buses are easy to use though the nearest stop is half a mile away. A hire car would be needed to see all the island. there are lots of good walks nearby and the nearest beach is less than ten minutes slow walk away.
We loved our studio cottage, it had everything one would need, very clean, large bed, air conditioning and ceiling fan, front porch. The hosts are wonderful and really make the accomodations top notch by going the extra mile. We plan to go back and rent again.
Yepton Estate Cottage is located on the West-North West corner of the island, directly on a natural salt lagoon off the Caribbean Sea.
Other Activities: Catamaran cruises, island tours, off-island trips and much more
Golf: Two golf courses