- english, italian
I’m a civil engineer, daddy of 2 adorable twins, 3 years old. I love travelling. Since I joined Airbnb on july 2013, I realized I like hosting people too.
Why Enzo chose Municipio 2
Meeting friendly people from all over the world, helping them to enjoy our amazing land, are so exciting activities . Reading my guest’ reviews, I’m so glad to realize most of them consider me a new friend from Bari rather than just a nice owner.
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
A Perfect Apartment
We have been travelling throughout Italy for the past 20 years, staying in apartments. Enzo’ s apartment, Casatita, would rank in our top 10 easily.
I wish all apartment owners/managers would realise the difference it makes to a traveller, to be greeted with a generous welcome such as we received in Bari. The kitchen table held a feast of various foccacia, local cakes filled with ricotta, 2 bottles of water, and a large basket filled to the brim with breakfast supplies including croissants, toast, nuttela and various jams. Generous is an understatement.
The apartment itself is large, high ceilings, full of light, airconditioning in every room, 3 televisions, a well equipped modern kitchen with a most appreciated Nespresso machine. The bathroom has a modern shower and a good size washing machine. There is an indoor room that is perfect for drying clothes. There are 2 bedrooms, we used the main one. Comfy bed, excellent quality linen. There is a dresser full of beautiful monogrammed towels, another display of generosity. In our last apartment, also for 7 days, we were left with 4 thin towels for the week.
The apartment is quiet with no traffic noise at all. It is spotlessly clean. The lounge area that adjoins the kitchen , has a comfortable couch.
Enzo, the owner and Matteo the manager, greeted us with warmth and a welcome from the heart. Matteo is in residence so any assistance needed is a call away.
A beautiful place to stay
Bari itself is a fabulous city, full of contrasts between the new and fashionable modern city and the old town adjoining. The people are very friendly and the food goes without saying. Amazing. You are in Southern Italy afterall.
Day trips to the Sassi in Matera and Polignano are a must.
Enjoyed the area and apartment location. The host was great and very helpful.
Beautiful apartment, great location!
This apartment is perfect for exploring Puglia's beautiful countryside. Located in a residential area of Bari, it is spacious, clean and nicely decorated with everything you could possibly need. Enzo thoughtfully provided water, bread, milk and coffee pods to start our week off.
It's a maximum 10 minute walk to any of the 4 railway stations, you can get anywhere in Puglia from Bari.
Enzo is a great host, he gave us lots of good advice and left plenty of information in the apartment. He or his friend Matteo were always available for help and advice, and both very friendly. On Enzo's advice we had 4 great pizzas from Pizzeria Donato (really cheap, gluten free available and just 5 minutes walk away!) and plenty of cheap but good, red wine from the local winery!
Although it is a good walk to the old town (about 20 mins) I would recommend this apartment to anybody visiting Puglia, it is lovely and the perfect base. It will be my first choice for our next trip here!
Thank you Enzo and Matteo.
We stayed at Enzo’s Casatita apartment for eight nights in September.
The intent of our trip was to not only visit Bari, but to also use it as a home base to explore the Puglia region by train. The location was perfect, as it was a very short walk to the train station, as well as within walking distance to Bari Vecchio (the Old Town), Piazza Ferrarese, the seaport, etc.
Enzo’s apartment was spotlessly clean, and had everything you need for a short-term stay, even a welcome gift of Italian specialty baked goods! We found the apartment to be very spacious by European standards, and the high ceilings made it seem even larger. A huge wardrobe in the bedroom provides lots of storage space, especially if your stay is longer. Enzo and Matteo were there to greet us, and Enzo took a lot of time to inform us of the many things to see and do in the area. He has thoughtfully provided large-sized ‘postcards’ of many of the surrounding towns, as well as a good map of Bari with many recommended restaurants.
Enzo was extremely responsive to any of our emails, from the time of our booking right through to the end of our stay. He provided excellent directions and information re: transportation options in terms of getting from the Bari airport to the apartment. This was most helpful, especially with our limited knowledge of Italian!
We would highly recommend a stay at any of Enzo’s properties.
Grazie mille Enzo,
Brad & Debbie
Very nice location, beautiful place
The appartment was spacious , close to Central Bari railway station and to the city centre. Enzo, the owner is very great as a person, he even bought us some cakes as a gift! It was a wonderful city breake in a wonderful place. Thanks Enzo and Don Mateo!
Bari miss kind people like you! I Wish I could meet you again:)
The apartment was lovely; large rooms, very clean and inviting.
Our host, Enzo, did an excellent job of communicating prior to our arrival with very clear directions on how to find the apartment from the airport to the central train station, then on foot. It was a quick 10 minute walk, even with our roller bags. Much information was provided on what to see and do in and around Bari. We followed Enzo's advice on a restaurant in Alberobello and had a most excellent meal!
thank for looking “Casatita” , my apartment in Bari city center.
It is comfortable, tidy, safe, flexible, and strategically located.
“Casatita” is an airy 70 sq.m. flat with high ceiling, and has everything you need to feel at home:
• a huge bedroom sleeping 4 people: a queen size bed + 2 single beds ready to use;
• fully equipped kitchen: 4 gas cookers, electric oven, fridge + freezer, microwave, electric kettle, toaster, mixer, moka, coffee and tea at your disposal ,etc.
• comfortable living room with sofa-bed (accomodate 5th people), Tv led 39”, ironing facilities,
• bathroom with shower, , hairdryer, washing machine;
• 2 balconies;
• air conditioning;
• indipendent heating (you can always set temperature);
• wifi connection;
• bed linen and towels;
• babycot available, sheets included
SAFE, CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT FLEXIBLE POLICY AND MUCH MORE….
• Casatita is safe: the tenants living in the building are very kind and quiet. There is also a trusty family who lives there and is always helpful.
• Flexible check in and check out: we can welcome you and give you keys even if your flight lands early in morning or late in the night, has a strong delay, etc. We can always store your luggages in a safe place on arrival or departure day
• City map and tourist brochures are provided at your arrival…. Including our advices to enjoy the city.
• Green policy: all lights have eco-save bulbs, and the flat has its own photovoltaic power system on roof.
The historical and charming building will show you its original stone flooring, high ceilings, precious cast iron handrail, restored red façade.
This is our first task. A warm welcome begins with a widespread good smell in a tidy space .
Ready to discover the real apulian treasures?
Imagine to … dive into a wonderful sea, discover amazing ancient towns , taste new delicious products, look at different landscapes with large grove of age-old olive trees… Whatever you like to do, you just need to hang out in Bari or catch a train.
Although Bari has a wondeful old town wich worth a visit, the best touristic places are located in its surrounding area. Alberobello and Matera (both UNESCO heritage towns), Polignano a Mare, Trani and Monopoli (wonderful sandy beaches) are absolutely some of the most amazing towns in Puglia which you might visit. They are all easily connected from Bari rail stations, and train tickets are really cheap (prices from 2 to 5 euro per person per ride).
We bet your question “what can I do in Bari?” will change soon into “How can I do ?”, if you wish to visit so many amazing places.
My first answer is : your flat must be “Strategically located”.
If you have few days to discover a new place, you shouldn’t waste your time waiting for a crowded bus, walking too much to get to city tourist attractions or rail stations and… you shouldn’t became crazy looking for a parking in city center. I think all these things are not relaxing activities.
• 10 mins walk from airport shuttle bus or airport-line station (just 15 mins to get from or to airport, there’s a ride very 40 minutes)
• 10 mins walk from the best shopping area in Bari (via Sparano , corso Cavour, via Argiro),
• 15 min from theater district: Petruzzelli, Piccinni, Margherita (currently a contemporary art exhibition center)
• 15 mins walk from Old town, its charming streets and houses, harbour view, Cathedral and Basilica;
• 15 min from Ferrarese square, the Old Town gate and heart of Bari’s movida and nightlife.
• 15 mins from Bari’ “Lungomare” (sea promenade), its old harbour full of colourful fishing boats, where people from Bari goes to buy raw seafood.
• 15-20 mins walk from public beach “Pane e Pomodoro”
• 5-10 mins walk from all rail stations (there are 4 rail stations in Bari with different lines and destinations). You can easily reach every tourist destinations!
• FREE PARKING provided. Finding a parking in city center is an hard work, and usually costs about 2,50 euro per hour. But don’t worry, there is a safe parking reserved for you free of charge. Just go into the garage and a valet will park your car for you. The garage is open 24h.
• Close to all kind of shops and supermakets.
THE AREA…. CRAZY FOR DELICIOUS ITALIAN FOOD AN WINE?
The area is full of shops, restaurants, supermarket, wine stores, latticini shops (fresh cheese products), pizzeria ( Donato Pizzeria is one of the best in Bari and it is just 200 mt from Casatita).
Do you like taste daily fresh food products? You cannot miss via Nizza Market, a DAILY street market wich runs every working morning just 50 mt from Casatita.
At via Nizza market you can discover lots of tipical and delicious apulian products as: fresh fruits, vegetables, seafood, bakery products ( Focaccia, panzerotti, calzone, rustici, arancini, ecc.). There is also a famous pasta shop.
We look forward to meet you at Casatita!