|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
“QUINTA DO CIRCO” DESCRIPTION :
Located 500m from the village of Bouça .
The house is distant 20km from the top of the mountain Penhas da Saúde / Tower by national road, through Covilhã. Have direct access to Penhas da Saúde ( 8km ) with SVUs .
The farm, overlooking the village and Serra da Estrela has 2ha of agro forestry crops and gardens. Has swimming pool (10mx5m) with toilet / dressing room, ping- pong table, and various utensils, agricultural tools and artifacts.
HOUSES DESCRIPTION :
Casa da Levada :
Centennial House, 2 floors, reconstructed of it use to be land terracing for animals (goats and cows) that at night, came down from grazing in the mountain .
Its construction of local stone and was duly restored partially lined with wood inside, in order to equip themselves with all comfort.
Interior : kitchen / sitting room ( 60m2 ) , 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms . It is equipped with all appliances (ceramic hob cooker , fridge , washing machine and dishwasher , microwave , coffee machine, toaster, cable TV, including Panda Channel), bedding, toilet towels, crockery and kitchen utensils .
Has covered terrace with outdoor dining table, barbecue BBQ and wood oven .
The living room has a small library with books for all ages .
The house warming is accomplished by heating (in all rooms) and traditional fireplace (one basket of firewood is provided) .
The living room has 1 sofa bed .
Minimum Capacity : 4 persons .
Maximum Capacity : 8 persons .
On the southern slope of Serra da Estrela (protected area of the Natural Park), 800m altitude in the valley of Cortes river / Penhas da Saúde and Varanda dos Pastores, is located Quinta do Circo.
The name " Quinta do Circo " derives from " Quinta do Cerco " property surrounded by shepherds paths / canadas . The convenience of language led people to use " Circo " instead of "Cerco " and if secularly was called “Quinta do Circo”, will remain so , in respect for tradition and the use of popular language .
The river at the bottom of the farm, with natural pools in the summer and the sound of its waters in winter, the snow, cover in white throughout the farm, the surrounding vegetation and the houses of the village, the saw cut in land terraces, still farmed, the Varanda dos Pastores and the grandiosity of Serra da Estrela which stands before us, the canadas (shepherds paths) still marked, the village lit up at, make this property a unique place.
The tinkling of sheep bells grazing on the hills in front of the Houses and the birds chirping are the sounds that awaken the morning on.
Here you can enjoy unforgettable moments of peace and harmony with nature and learn about natural heritage of outstanding beauty.
Ideal para relajarse o divertirse en un marco muy bonito. La casa estaba limpia y equipada con todo lo necesario. Recomendado!
Um excelente local, com gentes amáveis e hospitaleiras. A casa estava muito limpa, com tudo o que é necessário para uns dias bem passados! Não faltava nada! A paisagem é lindíssima e rejuvenescedora! Um sítio a voltar com toda a certeza, aconselho a todos lá irem! Lindíssimo!
HOW TO GET THERE:
Exit the A23 at Covilhã South toward Tortosendo , proceed towards Unhais da Serra , 9km after passed Tortosendo , out to Cortes do Meio / Bouça , enter the village of Bouça , being the meeting point at Café Sierra , the only in the village .
Alternatively you can follow the GPS coordinates to guide you directly to “Quinta do Circo”
Latitude 40 ° 16'16 .84 "N
Longitude 7 ° 33'53 .38 "W
PLACES OF INTEREST:
- Cortes / Penhas da Saúde River with natural pools and windmills / watermills
- Terraces and Canadas shepherds the mountainside to the " Balcony of the Shepherds "
- Routes and pedestrian routes in the surrounding area.
- Penhas da Saúde / Tower on Serra da Estrela
- Spa in Unhais da Serra
- Trout ponds in Paúl
- Wool Museum in Covilha
- Museum of Cheese in Peraboa
ACTIVITIES / WHAT YOU CAN DO :
- Being a shepherd and follow the herd (ask for details)
- Participate in seasonal agricultural activities (grapes harvest, make the wine, the mesh , the olive harvest , sow potatoes ... )
- Participate in the making of bread and traditional cakes .
- Walk freely through the Canadas / paths of the shepherds and the vacant areas of the mountain, from the discovery of the fauna and flora of the region .
- Participate in activities / events Associations energized by the village and traditional holidays.
- Visit historical places of interest and leisure, within walking distance of the farm.
- Practicing skiing and winter sports
- Playing board games (tennis , checkers, chess ... )
- Read ( the house has a small library)
- Do nothing / practicing idleness . Rest / relax life.
Consult Charter and Roadmap Gastronomic
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 5 guests; add $33 per night, per additional guest|
- Preços dependentes do número de pessoas, os preços acima representados são por cada quarto duplo e não por casa completa. As casas são exclusivas de cada reserva, não alugamos quartos, apenas o preço é definido em função da ocupação no sentido de o preço ser mais justo para a dimensão de cada grupo de hóspedes.
- Sinal / entrada ao reservar.
- Entrega das chaves pelo proprietário