- english, french
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Comfortable, well-appointed house. Great location. Ideal for older kids and adults.
This is a comfortable, well appointed and well located house, although there are a couple of factors to be aware of before booking.
The house is the ground floor of the building shown in the picture (not the whole building). There is a large kitchen/dining/lounge area as well as two bedrooms (one double, one twin) with a Jack-and-Jill bathroom between them. Plus a small garden to the back.
On the plus side:
- Very comfortable beds
- Fantastic walk-in shower
- Very clean
- Fresh, modern decor with attention to detail
- Light, airy, spacious living room
- Great location for visiting northern Normandy
- They offer a bread/ morning goods delivery service (pain au chocolat etc.)
We have a couple of cautions:
- Our last morning, as we were packing up, the owner came over and told us that cleaning is not included in the price. We were pretty shocked as, while we always leave a place clean, we don't expect to have to fulfill the role of a cleaner between holiday lets. We felt something this significant - and time consuming - should have been flagged before booking.
- Similarly, we were told on the last morning that we needed to pay 2 E per person per night in tourist tax. While the owner had mentioned this was a possibility when we arrived, we expected to have it confirmed sooner so we could get the money. And also for this extra cost to be made clear at time of booking.
- The garden is small, mostly gravel on a slope, with a very small grass area. There is a nice outside table and BBQ, which is fine for adults, but it is not a great play area for children.
- The TV is only in French. Therefore if you don't speak French, you might want to bring DVDs/ downloads with you.
About us: A British family of four (2 adults, 6 year old, 4 year old) who stayed for a week in July 2017.
High quality house in lovely Normandy.
We stayed in this spacious house in the beginning of March 2016.
The house is recently renovated and the owners have used high quality materials.
Also the kitchen appliances, satellite TV, bed and furniture are from high quality.
Electric heating is working perfect.
The living room and the two bedrooms are very spacious and the location of the house on the estate gives more than enough privacy.
The comfortable bathroom is complete including a very nice and good working walk in shower.
Ophelie is a very nice host and the self picked eggs tasted great.
From the location of the house you can go to all the interesting places (and more) of that part of Normandy.
We are looking forward to be guest again of Ophelie on a next holiday in Normandy.
Hinter uns liegen zwei wunderbare Wochen. Das Ferienhaus ist Teil einer Hofanlage etwas außerhalb von Isigny-sur-Mer gelegen. Die Ausstattung ist neu und geschmackvoll. Ophélie und ihre Familie waren tolle Gastgeber und standen uns immer mit Rat und Tat zur Verfügung. Die Umgebung bietet viele abwechslungsreiche Ausflugsziele und Aktivitäten.
Maison très agréable
Maison au calme à la campagne. Propreté impeccable, décorée avec goût, bien équipée et literie confortable... Merci à la propriétaire pour le petit tour à cheval offert aux enfants !
Une location très bien située pour visiter les plages du débarquement, à 5 minutes de voitures d'Isigny où l'on trouve tous les commerces de bouche. Ne pas rater la boucherie sur la place principale = très bonne viande et saucisses maison pour un BBQ réussi !
Nous recommandons cette location !
Belle location au calme
Belle maison plein pied spacieuse et bien équipée
Le cadre est campagnard au calme parfait tout en étant à 5 min du centre d'Isigny. L'endroit est bien situé pour visiter cette partie de Normandie. Les enfants ont apprécié les animaux des propriétaires. Un conseil : louez sans hésiter Merci aux gentils propriétaires
Merci beaucoup Raphaël de votre commentaire, c'était très agréable de vous recevoir aussi.
Beautiful house in a beautiful location
Firstly, thanks for the hospitality of the owners.
The converted farmhouse they are renovating in 2012, they have made so beautifully in a period of less than two years, for vacation you immediately feel confortable here.
From 16 August to 30 August we been there and the silence is amazing.
From here is everything easily accessible, especially for lovers of the landing beaches of Normandy.
The village is less than 5 minutes from the cottage, with a good butcher and delicious bakeries.
We can certainly recommend the cottage everyone and will definitely go back again.
Once again, Thanks for the hospitality and the nice house..
Very close to the fast lanes Paris / Cherbourg, the cottage is ideally situated in calm, not far from the sea and just 1km from the center of Isigny and supermarket.
Isigny sea is the birthplace of Norman land: its cream, its butter, its caramels, cider, its oysters, mussels and traders qualities. We know or direct you if you are particularly fans of the French terroir.