Located in the centre of the tipical area called Lavapies, a privilaged place to
- english, french, german, spanish, portuguese
About ELISE TIBERGHIEN
Freelance translator. I am a French woman and have been living in Spain for 15 years. I know every corner of Madrid and will be happy to help you discover this beautiful city. Cultural visits, nights out, gastronomy, excursions, tell me about your plans! I can advise you in French, English, German, Spanish and Portuguese See you soon
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Elise is a wonderful host. She is so helpful and will answer any questions you have about the city. She is very accommodating! The apartment is in a cute little neighborhood with a great cafe down the block. Also, a 24 hour supermarket is on the same street.
Spotless and well appointed flat. Perfect location.
Elise was waiting for us when we arrived from the airport and explained all the features of the flat and provided great recommendations for places to see and where to eat. She has compiled a guide which we often consulted—very helpful! The location couldn’t be more ideal to reach every possible point of interest in Madrid. Despite other reviews, the place is minimally noisy for being in a very lively neighborhood in a big city! And there is PLENTY of hot water for 2 people. Added bonus: the 24 hour supermarket at the corner with everything one might need.
Merci beaucoup, Elise!
¡Mil gracias! Thank you! Grazie!
Will not stay again if other options are available.
Why we did not like it:
1. Very noisy apartment right on the main street. Noise goes on for the entire day and night. Even at 2 am, there is constant noise and will not let you sleep.
2. It is really tiny, may be less than 350 feet in total. One small bedroom and tiny, tiny living room that has a sleeper sofa. It is meant for no more than 2 people. Cheap IKEA furniture.
3. Very small water heater. Once one person takes a shower, water heater is empty and you need to wait at least 15-20 minutes before a next person can take shower.
Central and convenient location. All museums are within walking distance and may 15-20 minutes depending on how fast you walk.
Your comment surprises me, simply because the WhatsApp message you sent me the day of your departure was: "We had a great stay” ... ..” the flat was perfect". And 3 weeks later, I am receiving this comment. Are you speaking about the right flat?
1. Regarding noise, you have to know that the flat is located in a neighbourhood where people LIVE. In the morning the children go to school, people go to work. In the afternoon and evening, people go for a walk, we are in Spain, the schedules are different. However, the new regulation on traffic in Madrid prevents the entry of vehicles of non-residents. This is not the main street. This is a small street of the historic part of Madrid.
2. Tiny ? The pictures correspond perfectly to reality, as you can see in the comments of other guests. I think you did not read carefully the listing, because you would have seen that there were only 1 double bedroom (for 2 people) and 1 double sofa bed (for 2 people) in the living room. Our guests always highlight the size and brightness of the living room that has 2 balconies to the street and a table where 6 people can eat. You are probably not accostumed to the size of the houses in the historic center of european capitals. If the furniture seemed cheap to you, maybe you should have chosen another accommodation category.
3. The water heater is enough for this kind of flat, I explain it to you the day of check-in, as I spent 30 minutes with you to answer all your questions about Madrid.
You should read carefully before booking and you will find a better flat, much bigger, with expensive furniture and hot water during hours, but you will have to pay another price.
comfortable and centrally loctaed
Comfortable apartment located in centre of Madrid, most of main attractions are within 15 to 20 minutes walk. Metro station and 24 hour supermarket located within 2 minutes walk. Spacious living room with sofa bed. 1 bedroom with comfortable bed,bathroom is off bedroom. Kitchen has everything you would need, only thing missing was iron. Numerous bars and cafes near by. Elise, owner, was very helpful with local tips and was easy to reach. Easy to get to from airport by metro.
A great location, a lovely apartment, Elise is a wonderful host, Thanks again
Good and clean central location
This is a clean apartment with all the essentials. Nothing fancy. Good location (close to Prado and Reina Sophia and Santa Ocha train station). Active and vibrant neighbourhood (that’s why you want to be here) but noisy at night (so bring ear plugs). Elise was very helpful with recommendations and flexible about meeting us (we had an unexpectedly late train). Recommended.