This cozy, 2-bedroom (with sleeping porch) cottage in a secluded, wooded setting has easy access to many of northwestern Michigan’s favorite attractions. Life is Better North offers a true “up north” getaway for groups up to 11 people. Accommodations include:
• over 1400 square feet of comfortable, roomy living space
• master bedroom with king sized bed
• 2nd bedroom with two, twin-sized loft beds over a futon couch, converting to a queen sized bed. (2nd bedroom sleeps 4 comfortably). Includes 2nd tv with dvd player.
• porch area is furnished with a queen-sized futon couch, converting to a third, private, sleeping area for 2
• additional sleeping accommodations include a full-sized sleeper sofa in the living room, as well as twin-sized sleeper sofa in the sitting area.
• 2 full sized baths
• fully furnished kitchen with refrigerator, stove, and microwave.
• wood burning fireplace
• satellite television
• high-speed internet
• DVD player
• washer and dryer
• ample parking (outdoor, hardwired outlets are available for additional RV parking for large groups. Please inquire with owner.)
• pets considered
Life is Better North is located just 4 1/2 miles from Crystal Mountain ski resort, offering 39 trails and 5 state-of-the-art lifts. Groomed snowmobile trail system access is less than a mile away. Snowmobile rentals are available just 4 miles away at Crystal Adventures. And with over an acre lot, there is plenty of room for sleds, trailers, and vehicle parking.
Local lakes and trail systems also offer snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, ice-fishing, and more for the winter sports enthusiast.
Spring, Summer, and Fall Fun:
Enjoy world-class salmon and fly fishing with 120 ft of river frontage at one of the deepest bends of the river! Or relax and enjoy the serene beauty of the Betsie with a kayak or tubing trip.
World class golf is only a few minutes away at Crystal Mountain Resort or Arcadia Bluffs, as well as mountain biking or hiking the abundant local trail systems.
In the fall, experience the gorgeous foliage and fabulous wineries tours on Leelanau or Old Mission Peninsula, and the quaint shops and restaurants of nearby Traverse City.
Local attractions include:
Crystal Mountain ski and golf resort & spa – 4.5 miles
Iron Fish Distillery - 1.5 miles
Arcadia Bluffs golf resort – 18 miles
Lake michigan beaches – 15 miles
Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park – 25 miles
Traverse City shopping, restaurants – 37 miles
Winery tours – 40 miles
Casino- 25 miles
Interlochen Fine Arts Center – 19 miles
Betsie Valley Trail system – 5 miles