Grill on Deck, FEEL& SEE THE WAVES, Upscale Beautiful Decor, Vacation Retreat
About Barb Daugs
Visiting the North Shore has been a part of our lives for 37 years and we enjoy both the lake and SHT. We have set a goal to try and hike the entire Superior Hiking Trail. We've hiked or snow-shoed over 150 miles on the trail. Much of it has been many times over on some of our favorite hikes so we still have over 200 miles to finish the entire SHT! We hike in most weather conditions, and do both day and night hikes. We have captured incredible sunsets on the trail by doing this. We have also seen some awesome northern lights. Star gazing from one of the summits on our hikes is a site you just have to see to believe. The stars are so brilliant! Our other much loved part on the shore is just gazing at or walking along the shore of Lake Superior. The beauty of the sunrises, sunsets, as well as moon rises on the lake combined with the sound of the waves splashing onto the rocky shoreline are magical. The waves make for some incredible photo shots on the shore especially during the sunrise or sunset! We also enjoy star gazing at the water’s edge in lawn chairs. We also have had many a night campfires by the lake. We finally decided we love it up on the North Shore so much, why not look for a place of our own? We wanted our place to be centrally located because we hike all areas of the Superior Hiking Trail. Also, we get up early to photograph the sunrise at various places on the shore, so we did not want to be limited to just one end of the shore. We thought being right between Duluth and Grand Marais was a perfect position. We also wanted to be close enough that we can get here from the cities in 3 hours. We were pretty excited to find this quiet, upscale community of cottages that perfectly fit our needs! We aim to provide a clean, comfortable, well maintained place for our family and guests to relish all the North Shore has to offer, and provide a restful experience of hospitality at its best!
Barb Daugs purchased this Townhome in 2014
Why Barb Daugs chose Beaver Bay
Location, location, location. Our vacation home is centrally located just off Minnesota scenic North Shore drive Highway 61 and surrounded by some of the premier vacation state park destinations in Minnesota. The closest being Split Rock Lighthouse which is one of the most visited and photographed lighthouses in the nation! It is hard to beat our location for travelers who want to be centrally located and capture “all” the shore has to offer. We think you will agree due to the nature of the shores length, if you are too far northeast or southwest you get trapped into only seeing part of the shore when you visit. But our location meets the needs of the travelers who want to see it all. Or, remain in this beautiful section of the shore and enjoy the many premier Minnesota favorite destinations right near us. For details on time estimations to some of these locations, see the list in the description section. Also, this cottage provides a wonderful, quiet setting to kick-back, relax and dine-in on your favorite foods. It is a nice, comfortable place to hang out and socialize with your friends and family, especially if the weather is bad and you can't go out and enjoy God's creation.
What makes this Townhome unique
• Clean and well maintained • Upscale furniture • Large master suite is beautiful & comfortable • All the bedrooms are private - comfortable with nice linens & have their own bathroom • Beautiful lake view off deck and you can hear and see the waves rolling in! • Great views of the sunrise and moon rise right off deck or out the large windows • Upscale Windsong Cottages were built in 2003 • Professionally managed by a Windsong Property management • Most of our cleaning products we use are Bio-friendly • Good Customer service --- You have a problem we 'will' take care of you! • Secure, easy access, key coded entry - new key code used for each new reservation • Centrally Located on the North Shore to see 'all' the shore on your vacation with closer drive times • Down in a valley off highway 61 - so you don't hear as much highway noise • Not a busy resort so you have a quiet feel to your vacation • Pool (seasonal) and Sauna year round • Close to dining - some within walking distance • Trail access for ATV & snowmobiles within 6 minutes. You can drive your ATV and snowmobiles right from the trailer parking lot to the trail access! The snowmobile trail goes all the way to Canada
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
contract reads immediate eviction.
No smoking regular or e-cigarettes in home /deck/
See rental contract - respect our home
Minimum age of primary renter:24
A rental contract will be emailed for your review and signature. You then print out and send back to us. No signed contract no booking accepted.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Beautiful view. Great place to stay that was very clean and comfortable. Kitchen was well stocked and everything labeled. Great communication with owner.
Relaxing Colorful Fall Minnesota Stay
Outstanding Townhouse for a family stay! Clean and up to date. Recommend location as perfect for direct view of Lake Superior. It is in the middle of MN Arrowhead Region where one can take a visit to Grand Marais one day and Split Rock and Gooseberry State Park the next. Easy in and out parking as needed.
North shore getaway
This property was exactly as billed and more. We felt so comfortable from the second we entered the lovely home. We were greeted with a thank you card and gift from Barb. Who does that?! We loved the cookies. Barb was available by phone and text during and after our stay. One person in our group left behind an item and Barb arranged to have it returned to her and then met me to return it. UNBELIEVABLE!! Everything was high end in this rental and Barb has provided more than adequate quantities of dishes and coffee mugs. We appreciated her helpful sightseeing suggestions and used the large sturdy collapsible chairs at the beach one day. We will fondly remember our time at this lovely Windsong unit and hope to return soon.
Thank you! We are tickled to see that our goals we strive for are appreciated by our guests. We all love what we do from my hubby and I to our cleaning crew and maintenance. I love those chairs for the beach as well. By the time everyone packs up cars/trucks to come to the shore who has any more room to pack beach chairs. We use those also to go to Black Beach to have a campfire by the lake. It was great meeting you and your Mom too. So happy to host your Mom and sisters get-away! Thank you for taking such great care of our home and we look forward to hosting you all again. Blessings, Barb and Bob
Excellent property with an great location for exploring the North Shore of Lake Superior! No need to worry if you forget anything, everything you need and more. Barb gives you all the information you need to have a super stay. Thanks so much! Highly recommended!
Thank you so much for your time in reviewing our home. We are so happy all these years that our guests find all we have in our home complete for a great vacation. Glad you found all my travel information useful. Thank you for taking such great care of our home. We look forward to hosting you again. Blessings, Barb and Bob
Lovely Lake Superior Stay!
This was one of the best rental property experiences I've had. The home is well-stocked with everything you could need, including wonderful spices. We stayed during our wedding week. It was an easy walk over to connect with friends and family staying at Cove Point. Barb provided an amazing list of area and regional stops. And communication was wonderful. Thank you so much!
Congrats to the Newly Weds! We love hosting our wedding and honeymooners! So happy to hear we are the best rental property you have had. Our goals have been met! That is what we wanted to be and continue to work hard to stay that way. A beyond the ordinary vacation rental. I love those Penzy spices too. We have a fully loaded kitchen so when you come you have what you need to cook. We also have canola oil, olive oil, Caribou Coffee beans, various teas, hot chocolate, tin foil, zip lock bags, plastic wrap... We are glad you liked our travel guides we put together for our guests. We again, appreciate the privilege it was to host you for your wedding stay. Blessings on your marriage, Barb and Bob
Well Beyond Expectations
I cannot put into words how wonderful Windsong Cottage 607 was, how well equipped, and how fabulous the view from the deck and Master Bedroom were. I wanted some place quiet, near the water yet within a reasonable driving distance to several of the recommended sites. 10+ in all categories. And the reference/recommendation brochure and accompanying info provided prior to arrival were awesome. Thanks Barb and Bob for sharing your home! I didn’t want to leave but I had a plane to catch. I hope I can come up again. Sandi
Sandi, I am so glad you chose us for your Solo Solitude get-away! Thank you for your wonderful review. We have worked hard to bring a unique north shore retreat that would be beyond the ordinary vacation rental until We wanted our guests, family and friends to feel at home. Pampered. I too love that our place is centrally located on the shore. Right in the heart of the north shore. 50 minutes to Duluth and 60 minutes to Grand Marais. Right by Split Rock Light House and Tettegouche State Park. We would love to host you again. Thank you for taking such great care of our home and we look forward to hosting you again sometime. Blessings, Barb and Bob
FANTASTIC LOCATION ---- TIME TO ACTIVITIES:
Our vacation home is centrally located just off Minnesota scenic North Shore drive Highway 61 and surrounded by some of the premier vacation state park destinations in Minnesota. The closest park being Split Rock Lighthouse which is one of the most visited and photographed lighthouses in the nation! It is hard to beat our location for travelers who want to be centrally located and capture “all” the shore has to offer.
We think you will agree, due to the nature of the shores length, if you are too far northeast or southwest you get trapped into only seeing part of the shore when you visit, but our location meets the needs of the travelers who want to see it all. Or, remain in this beautiful section of the shore and enjoy the many premier Minnesota favorite destinations near us. To highlight a few of the locations:
Check Out Our Insider Travel Guide To Our Area -It contains our reviews and travel tips!
TO THE SOUTHWEST, WE ARE....
• 50 minutes - Duluth
• 25 minutes - Two Harbors
• 11 minutes - Gooseberry Falls State Park
• 5 minutes - Split Rock Lighthouse
• 5 minutes - Split Rock ski trails some along Lake Superior
TO THE NORTHEAST, WE ARE.....
• 5 minutes - Snow mobile/ATV trail -- leave our snow mobile/ATV trailer parking lot and access the trail system...Even goes to the Canadian Border
• 6 minutes - Beaver Bay Sports to rent snow mobile/ATV
• 7 minutes - Adventure Park Ropes Course & Zipline
• 7 minutes - Black Beach newest Beach on the shore
• 8 minutes - Palisade Head
• 10 minutes - Northwoods Ski Trail from Silver Bay to Finland
• 10 minutes - Silver Bay Marina boat access to Lake Superior
• 10 minutes - Tettegouche State Park
• 18 minutes - Silver Bay Golf Course
• 23 minutes - Caribou Falls
• 31 minutes - Temperance River State Park
• 36 minutes - Lutsen Ski Hill
• 40 minutes - George H. Crosby Manitou State Park –outside of Finland
• 51 minutes - Cascade State Park
• 60 minutes - Grand Marais
• 107 minutes - Canadian Border
SUPERIOR HIKING TRAIL:
Our vacation home is, according to the Superior Hiking Trail Association, minutes from 4 out of 7 of the favorite hikes on the Superior Hiking Trail. To the trail head parking we are…
• 3 minutes - Cove Point Loop – adjacent to our Windsong property
• 5 minutes - Split Rock River Loop
• 6 minutes - Bean and Bear Lake loop
• 10 minutes - Mount Trudee
Also, noted by Superior Hiking Association - SCENIC SHORTYS – less traveled – we made 3 out of a list of five on the scenic shortys. To the trail head parking we are….
• 10 minutes - Fantasia Overlook off Hwy 1
• 13 minutes - Wolf Rock Castle Danger
• 20 minutes - Section 13 Cliffs
• 20 minutes - Saw Mill Dome
Also, stated by the locals - some of the prettiest sections of the SHT are right along our area.
• 6 minutes - trail head parking for Split Rock River Wayside to Beaver Bay (11.3 mile hike)
• 10 minutes - Beaver Bay to Silver Bay (4.7 mile hike)