La Specola is a beautiful and prestigious historical house overlooking Lake Bracciano from the old and tranquil town of Anguillara Sabazia at only 40 minutes away from Rome.
Recently restored, the house is tastefully decorated with antique furniture and fully equipped with modern facilities (full HD TV 42', wi-fi in every room, air conditioning, Playstation 3, hair dryer, iron, etc.).
La Specola boasts 290 m2 (3200 ft2) of indoor space, 60 m2 (650 ft2) of outdoor terrace, 40 m2 (130 ft2) of outdoor garden and can very comfortably host up to 6 people. The property is composed of 3 en-suite double bedrooms, a spacious and bright living room with exceptional architecture and breath taking views over the lake, an antique fireplace, a very functional rustic kitchen, a utility room, a large terrace and a private entrance with an idealic garden. In addition, guests can enjoy an extensive selection of books in French, English and Italian (to be read on the chaise longue overlooking the lake!) as well as a XIX century piano. Due to its strategic location and its magnificent terrace, the house enjoys unique views of Lake Bracciano and is ideal for a peaceful and relaxing holiday.
The property is situated in the historical center of Anguillara Sabazia in a very tranquil pedestrian area and therefore is not directly accessible by car (guests might consider there are about 20 steps to reach the entrance from the parking). In fact La Specola is not accessible by car and may be difficult for people with walking difficulty to negotiate the slopes. All main points of interest are very nearby at not more than 5 minutes walk: beach and aquatic sport clubs, restaurants, bars, shops, supermarket and parking.
The area surrounding Lake Bracciano offers a wide ranging list of indoor and outdoor activities, as well as its stunning beauty. There are numerous places of historical interest in the vicinity to visit such as Castello Odescalchi (Tom Cruise and Ketie Holmes’ wedding location!), pretty old towns and other UNESCO sites to discover. The sport facilities available range from golf, tennis, horse riding, fishing, biking, sailing, paddle boarding, kayaking, trekking to serene promenades in The Natural Park of Bracciano. But most importantly, the enogastronomy of the region is simply exquisite and can be enjoyed in the abundance of local restaurants.
In order to make your stay unforgettable it is possible to ask for extra services such as: chauffeur, welcome aperitif, touristic tours (Bracciano surrounding or Rome), a cod for baby, cleaning on demand, inhouse massage, inhouse cooking school, inhouse catering services, inhouse classical concert, etc.
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION:
- Cleaning Service Prior and after the stay, Check-in/out Service, Clean Linen and Towels and Welcome Pack have a cost of 150 Euros and are NOT included in the total and have to be paid in cash upon arrival in order to avoid an extra commission online;
- Check-in starts at 17:00;
- Check-in from 20:00 to midnight has an extra cost of 20 euros;
- Check-in after midnight has an extra cost of 50 euros;
- Check-out finishes at 11:00 am;
- Check-out before 8:00 am has an extra cost of 20 euros;
- Check-out before 6:00 am has an extra cost of 50 euros;
- Following the recycling rules is MANDATORY and to those who have not complied will be applied a fine of 100 Euros
- Check-out limit time is 11:00 am, for those who are late will be applied a fine of 20 euros per hour, eventually it is possible to coordinate a late check-out in advance.