Newly refurbished 2 bedroom cosy thatched cottage with a contemporary "feel" in the sleepy Dorset village of West Knighton. Stone and thatched cottage recently refurbished to a highest standard. Secluded enclosed garden. Sleeps up to 6 plus cot - 2 bedrooms one with king size bed, the other with twin beds, plus 1 sofa bed in lounge. 1 bathroom with shower and bath.
Newly equipped kitchen, separate washing machine and drying area. Off street parking for 2 cars. Low ceilings and comfy lounge. TV/DVD and free WiFi. Secluded and pretty garden to rear, and 3 minute walk to a great local village pub called:The New Inn
West Knighton is a great base for many countryside walks, and a short drive to the Jurassic Coast and if needed many many family attractions.
West Knighton is a village and civil parish in south Dorset, England, situated 3 miles (4.8 km) southeast of the county town Dorchester. It has an 11th-century church and a village pub. In the 2011 census the civil parish had a population of 375.
The village name derives from the Old English cniht and tūn, meaning the village or farmstead of the young men or retainers. At Little Mayne Farm 0.5 miles (0.80 km) southwest of the village is the site of a deserted medieval village, which was recorded in the Domesday Book as Maine and in 1201 was known as Parva Maene.
West Knighton parish historically developed out of the amalgamation of four medieval settlements within the ancient hundred of Cullifordtree: the existing main village, the previously mentioned Parva Maene, another medieval settlement at Friarmayne to the south—also deserted and now within neighbouring Broadmayne civil parish—and the fourth at Lewell to the north (now just a farmhouse).