accommodation for 4 people in the heart of France, peace and romance
Aukje en Peter Dobbe
- english, french, german, spanish, dutch
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
mooi verblijf in Fort Chabrol
de locatie was heel goed. het huis was netjes en voldeed volledig aan onze wensen.
Original entspricht den Bildern
Family quality time in beautifull country-life area
We enjoyed with our family the area of living a lot. Big garden, surrounded by fence and private (next house is 200 meters further). The cows around the garden are a fantastic experience which helps you to go back to the basics. There are enough activities to do in the Bourgogne (shopping in Bourges), fishing, hiking, brocantes and visiting nice old towns.
The house is sufficient, it's clean, and key things are available. WIFI is working perfectly, and TV, dishwasher, washing machine also. Kitchen is complete enough, to make some nice meals for the whole family. And a wood fire-place in the evening is romantic.
We would definitely consider to come back.
Natuurlijk zijn wij blij met deze recensie! Op deze manier is het een genoegen om anderen de gelegenheid te geven van de woning te genieten!
1. Keep good at home and in the garden.
Hammocks, de-stressing, yard stove, BBQ, watching the circling red kite (which often hunt in groups), stargazing from the hammock, children's pool, read a book.
2. Ride in the surroundings. (Cards are in the standing cabinet in the living room)
Towards La Machine / DECIZE: nature, Chateau Prye, rivers lxure, Sardolle,
La Fermeté direction: natural, tranquil villages la Fermeté St. Benin dÁziz.
3. Cycling around the area. Ladies and gents bike standing in the barn.
Bicycle behind in barn. Walking is also possible.
4. Visit Nevers. (Distance approximately 9 km route via St. Eloi)
Beautiful cathedral with spectacular stained glass windows.
Historical walk: follow the blue line that runs through the old town.
Walk over the bridge and see the Loire Nevers and even from the other side.
The tourist office (Syndicat d'initiative / tourism) is located next to the Ducal Palace, near the cathedral. Through the tourist office building are art exhibitions on display in a part of the palace.
Every 2nd Sunday of the month there is a flea market along the city park at the Place Carnot.
5. Visit DECIZE (about 20 km). Many watercourses. Around Walking along the rivers and in the town.
Stop halfway to Decize in Béard and see the smallest Romanesque church Cluny-.
6. Visit La Charité (via A77 approximately 40 km)
Historic book town on the Loire. Largest Romanesque cathedral of the Benedictines of Cluny. Picnic on the beach Loire. Rummage in the numerous bookshops.
If you're lucky there's just a Blues festival going.
7. Visit Apremont (25 km)
Beautifully renovated town. (Owned by industrialist Schneider)
Located on beautiful river Allier. Bec d'Allier.
8. Visit Sancerre. (Via A77, approximately 60 km)
The best white wines of France. Beautifully situated on a hill.
Walking in the village. Wine tasting in the many dégustations.
9. Visit the Morvan. (Va. 50 km)
Beautiful, not too high mountain area with charming villages. (Where there are perched too many Dutch). Châtillon en Bazois, Chateau Chinon, Autun.
These cities are each worth a single day.
10. Visit Biber Act (70 km)
Beautiful museum, (partly outdoor), located on the summit of Mont Beuvray in the forests of the Morvan, which clarifies much about the culture, lifestyle and collaboration of the Gauls (Celts) from Burgundy by the Romans. "A Guide to the Business" is in the standing cabinet in the living room.
11. Swimming in a cool lake, just outside La Machine (about 20km)
Drive to La Machine, right in the village at the T-junction. After the train left. Another 300 m. Caution signs Base de Loisirs.
12. Jardin de Marigny (La Turlurette 3 km)
Picking fruit itself and cut vegetables in the garden and in the greenhouse. For flowers per kg and local produce.
13. Visit flea markets.
Nievre every week somewhere a flea. Each village organizes.
An overview of Brocantes (place and dates) is in the standing cabinet in the living room. You never know what you get home.
Usually there is also fat sausage and fries to eat. Furthermore, many local wine.
14. Visit Emaus in Magny-Cours: Domaine de la Folie (12 km).
This is a permanent flea market. Opening hours: Wednesdays and Saturdays from 14. 00 to 17. 30 hours. Furthermore, 1st Sunday of the month, same time.
15. Visit the tomb of St. Bernadette Soubarou Nevers.
She has the Virgin Mary may see several times to Lourdes.
Both the religious and pagans among us.
Here you can visit the ever-stained embalmed body of the saint.
16. If you love racing, you can visit the Magny-Cours. (About 13 km)
Here are soon taken back Formula 1 races.
17. There is just outside Imphy for children and grandparents, on his way to St. Eloi, an adventure park built in the forest. Pay attention to the road signs.
18. Downstream, canoes are rented after the bridge in Nevers. Decize indeed. Canoeing is well combined with a picnic at one of the many Loire Beaches.