|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
(Text automatically translated) Ideally located, this charming two and a half rooms is located in Versoix, 50 meters from Lake Geneva and 15 minutes by train / car from the center of Geneva. Close to comfort, banks, post office, shops, restaurants, train, bus. Completely renovated in 2011, it is equipped with: - a fully equipped kitchen with dining area in the living room - a nice living room with fireplace and sofa bed and a 2 place 1 / + extra folding bed - a bathroom with shower - one bedroom on the mezzanine with double bed. Many parking spaces nearby. WIFI broadband unlimited.
I visit Europe every year and try to stay at a vacation property instead of hotel. Each time, I read reviews before attempting to make any reservations. This one so far has been the worst. I will try to be specific based on my experience.
1. The flat (Apartment) has no elevators. I'm from the US. In US, this flat is on the fourth floor. Basically, the first floor (or ground level) is not for residents. So, actual resident flat starts from the 2nd floor (I think, in Europe, this is first floor). The stairway is curved, so it is not easy to carry luggages, especially if luggages are heavy. This is not good for kids or elders. Too many steps for kids and elders.
2. Location is good. Close to the train/tram stations and to grocery stores.
3. Inside of the flat, the bed is actually located on loft. So, you will need to go up to the stairs to sleep on the bed. There is a sofa bed on the main level though.
4. There are two pillows. One of the pillows was so uncomfortable and very bumpy.
5. When we arrived, the room was not cleaned properly. The trash bin was not emptied and some of the silverware (we found out later) was not washed cleanly.
6. The lack of accommodations. After 9 hours of flight, the first thing we wanted to do after we came up in this flat, we wanted to have some relaxed moment. Wanted to wash hands and have some water. But there was no hand wash soap or drinking water - just empty soap dispenser bottle were in the bathroom. Whenever I stayed in a vacation rental property, the property owner prepared a minimum needs for the renters. We were so tired and wanted to take some rest before going out. But as soon as we got in, we had to go out and ask around people to find a grocery store to buy some needs - shampoo, soap, drinking water, and other stuff. Also, this property doesn't have coffee maker. So if you plan to make breakfast and need coffee in the morning, you will need to prepare what you need beforehand.
7. This is our biggest disappointment. We never get a chance to meet the property owner, Gaby. Since we would be arriving at the property location between 8:30 and 9:00 AM, she preferred to leave the keys in the mailbox on the ground level. But I thought she at least would come visit us during our stay, but it never happened.
I'm not sure if I'm too picky. Most of the reviews were so good and I made reservations based on those reviews, but I actually regret with the reservation this time.
L'appartamento è molto carino e gode di un'ottima posizione, poiché si trova a due passi sia dalla stazione che dal porto di Versoix; sono molto vicini anche i supermercati in cui fare la spesa. Dalla finestra vi è una bellissima vista sul lago. Inoltre la cucina disponeva di tutto il necessario. Forse le dimensioni dell'appartamento non erano adatte ad ospitare cinque persone. Il divano-letto e la brandina non erano il massimo della comodità.
We had an excellent stay. Gabrielle and her husband were excellent hosts, she even helped us get a taxi at the last minute. The apartment is comfortable, well-maintained, and has enough space for a family with children. It is an easy walk to the Coop supermarket, restaurants, the post office, and the Versoix train station. The fountain in front of the door to the building is a special treat: potable water, we filled numerous bottles with it during our stay. Great lake views as well, we took a lot of photos from the apartment windows. There is some airplane noise but with the windows closed, the sound is negligible. We would stay there again.
The place is super comfortable. I am from the US and was looking for a good place. The place was just perfect for me. It was very clean and comfortable. Also, the owner was very welcoming and offered suggestions of where to go. What a great way to have a vacation.
The apartment is on the 3rd floor(no lift, 6 stairs)facing the lakeside. Shops and train station are within walking distance. Parking is easy on Sunday and holidays. The noise of landing aircrafts (between 6 am-12 pm) and the traffic of Route de Suisse are bearable in winter with the window closed. The apartment is best for max. 2 adults and 1 baby. There is sufficient hot water for 2,5 person and it is reheated only during the night. The apartment has 1 sofa for 2 persons and 1 small diningtable with 4 wooden chairs. Internet was too slow to check-in for our flight. No english news channels on tv.
(Text automatically translated) International Geneva 15 minutes by car or train, Lake, ski and restaurants of all kinds nearby.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $21 per night, per additional guest|
tarif dégressif en fonction de la durée, tarif en fonction du nombre de personnes, caution demandée, acompte/arrhes à la réservation, remise des clés par le propriétaire non présent sur placeriétaire
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.