2 Bedrooms 2 Baths Sleeps 6, Wi-Fi, 2 Pools, 2 Tennis Courts, Elevator, Laundry
- english, spanish
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
The property is beautiful and the views are magnificant. The property had a few things that require fixing.
This was perfect for our family vacation.
Great beach access
This property was a great place for a family vacation. The beach is right out the back door. The beds were comfortable and showers worked well - all linens and towels were clean. My only suggestion for the property owner is replace the vertical blinds in the bedroom facing the atrium, as light comes into the room all night. Also, possibly better windows in the back of the condo to keep out the heat and let the A/C work more effectively.
Good stay, but a few points to consider
Overall, our first visit to South Padre Island was nice. The condo is in a great location with a fantastic view and nice amenities. The pool was great and the beach access was super easy. We’ve traveled a lot over the past few years and have stayed in no less than 15 different Air BnB’s and VRBO’s, so we have a lot of experience with it. The review of this vacation rental is based on a rental cost that was on the higher end for us, but thought it would be worth it for a nice place on the beach...
Some points to consider (and some action points for the owners to take):
1) For a moderately high nightly rate, I expect to sleep on quality, cotton sheets....not cheap, microfiber, Walmart sheets. I shop at Walmart all the time, but I don’t buy cheap sheets there, because I love myself. Time to upgrade the sheets and bedding (this goes for the cheap towels and washcloths too!)
2) The couch.... oh, where to begin? What a hot mess! If you’re going to put white leather in a beach vacation rental frequented by college students on spring break, then you must have it professionally cleaned often. Just gross! The strange part is all the back cushions are completely missing from the couch, so it was very, very uncomfortable. The two flat, worn out throw pillows stained with nail polish didn’t help at all. The couch has got to go!
3) Guests are expected to provide their own salt, pepper and coffee filters. Really? As I said, we’ve traveled a lot over the past few years and every place we’ve rented has had basic seasonings and coffee filters. This was just bizarre. Fortunately someone had left some coffee filters in the pantry or I would’ve had to go buy those too.
4) I understand staying on the beach and the problems with sand. But there should NOT be sand in the beds upon arrival.
5) Not a complaint, but a suggestion. Supply the condo with some family board games and card games. When it’s time for a break from the sun and heat, playing games inside would’ve been fun....
Aside from these annoyances and inconveniences, we did have a good time, and hope that we can come back to visit again some time.
Right off the bridge first high-rise on the island. The view was awesome and the ease of access to the ocean was great. The only thing I can state is the condo was a little run down nothing bad just aged. Everything worked as it should and the staff was great.
Perfect Vacation Spot
My family and I loved our stay. We plan on coming back and staying longer. The condo was perfect with an amazing view.