Mountain views: 5 Bedrooms, 3 Full Bathrooms, 2 Living Spaces
Ray & Melissa Williams
About Ray & Melissa Williams
Owned and operated by Coloradans. Ray was born and raised in Colorado leaving only for a short time while in the Navy and Melissa was born and raised just outside of New York City. We met 12 years ago right after Melissa moved here and have been inseparable ever since! We cherish the time when we can break away from Denver to get up here. Our daughter especially loves the "Yellow House". Over the years, we rented condos in Summit County for the Winter Season always talking about having a place of our own. We love the Colorado Mountains and spend as much time as possible hiking, skiing/boarding, snowshoeing, camping, biking, and just relaxing! We were engaged and married in the mountains and had a baby girl named, Serafina in January 2015. We would like to raise our family feeling at home here as well.
Ray & Melissa Williams purchased this House in 2014
Why Ray & Melissa Williams chose Historic District
We immediately fell in love with this home. We love mixing old and reclaimed with new finishes to keep character, but add convenience. You'll immediately feel the city wash away from you when you arrive. The house is warm and inviting with plenty of natural light. One of our favorite features of this home is the sunny deck with reclaimed Falcon Ski Chair banister and Wyoming Snow Fence detail. Because the sun is so strong, you can enjoy the deck 3 seasons a year out here. We also love the two living spaces for when the little ones need their own space or the night owls want to stay up and party while the others get some needed rest to make first chair. This house blends privacy and quiet bedrooms while still enjoying an open floor plan.
What makes this House unique
What made up our mind that this was the house for us? It's SO close to town and the trails!! We originally thought we wanted to buy a property on the mountain with ski in/ski to conveniences. However, with the Free Ride less than 2 blocks away, we decided that being within walking distance to town was more enjoyable for us. No driving/ paying for parking to and from dinner means an extra glass of wine or cocktail is no problem! We love that we can walk to the grocery store to pick up forgotten items easily and quickly. We also love how quiet the home is being on the alley side of the street. Not to mention that that affords us spectacular views of the mountain.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Great location. We had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend. Trails and town within walking distance. Owners of property were so nice and helpful.
This house is within walking distance of all of the shops and restaurants on Main Street as well as the gondola that takes you to the resort.
Easy driving distance to hikes, Dillon Reservoir and retail on nearby towns.
Close to downtown Breckenridge
Location was great; close to downtown Breckenridge, however, “detail” to property seems to be lacking. Several window blinds were broken, light bulbs were missing, many bath towels were old and badly discolored and landscape was poorly maintained. On the plus side, property management team was easy to contact and helpful and again, location was great! Due to unseasonable heat during our visit and lack of a/c, house was a little warm but feel as though this was an exception to the norm in Breckenridge.
Location and comfort!
This location was fantastic. Not only are there 2 trailheads within a couple of blocks, the Main Street fun is right there, too. We parked the car and walked everywhere. There is a great small grocery store that’s only a couple blocks away for small trips and City Market wasn’t far for larger trip. The beds are super comfortable memory foam and the bedding is high quality. We were very pleased with our stay here and highly recommend it!
Fantastic stay with family!
We have just returned home from our stay in Breckenridge where we had a wonderful time!! The house was perfect. We all had our own private space but yet plenty of space to get together. The house has just about everything you can think of and the hot tub was a lot of fun. We will be back!! It is in a perfect location, close to shops, restaurants and bars so the cars stayed parked the whole weekend!
Stayed here with 4 couples-so spacious and one of the best rentals I’ve stayed in! Enough bathrooms and stocked kitchen made it so homey! Hot tub was very clean and the views were unbelievable. Definitely would come back! Thank you!
There is no shortage of fun things to do in Breckenridge on your vacation. Of course world class skiing and snowboarding are a stones throw from the house, but you can also plan other activities like:
- Dog Sledding and Snowmobiling at Good Times Adventures
- Frisco Adventure Park- Complete with tubing hills, and over 45km of Nordic and snowshoe trails.Take advantage of their dinner sleigh rides.
- Ice Skating Rink- Whether you bring your own or rent skates, good times can be had by all at this indoor ice rink.
- Recreation center- Come for a workout, play some tennis, go for a swim, and even plan a birthday party. Winter and Summer hours.
-Carter Park, where you can take your furry to a dog park. Or you can bring your rackets and play tennis there as well. During the summer there are concerts in the park.
- Up for a hike? Take on Quandry to claim your 14er while in Breck. If you do, our advice would be to go before sunrise and bear the crowds.
- Other world class hiking is nearby as well. One of our faves is McCullough Gulch Trail.
- Grocery store on Ridge/Jefferson with an attached wine/liquor store. They have a cooler in the back of the grocery with great cheese/meat selections to pair with your wine.
- Get to know the town. There are so many amazing food options. Too many to list here.
- Rent bikes in the summer time and take the trail out of Breck and ride down to Frisco or even over to Copper Mountain and beyond. You could even link up and ride over Vail pass.
- The gondola is open in the summer and has great activities on Peak 7 for the whole family. From putt putt, to zip lines, Alpine Slide, Challenge Course, Bounce House, Bungee Trampoline, Alpine Coaster, Climbing Wall, Ropes Course, Mine shaft Maze, or chill on the patio and have a cold one.