|Space||2,200 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||4 - 7 nights|
Beautiful family home that has been lovingly restored. Originally built in 1883, this one-of-a-kind historic property has been lovingly restored to retain the charm of the old but offers the convenience of the new! The 2200 square foot home is very spacious, providing plenty of room for family gatherings! A major master bedroom and bath remodel was completed in June of 2013 and an en-suite bath was added to the downstairs bedroom in October of 2013, giving the home 2 master bedrooms. The home is located just one-half block west of Elk Avenue, with its restaurants and shops. The bus stop offering free shuttle service (10 minute ride) to the base of the ski mountain is two blocks away and hiking, mountain biking and Nordic skiing trails are just out the door. The stunning peak of Mt. Crested Butte is right outside the front door. The property uniquely features a beautifully landscaped and fenced private backyard with mature Aspen and pine trees, perennial local wildflower beds, large deck with outdoor furniture as well as a large historic out-building that can house your bikes and strollers!
* The home features high-end furnishings, deluxe bedding and towels, vaulted ceilings, in-floor heating, high speed wireless and satellite dish TV.
* The home features 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. One bedroom is an upstairs king master suite, with a huge steam shower and his and her grooming areas, complete with separate vanities and toilets. Beautiful furnishings, custom built cabinetry and closets as well as a large flat screen TV complete this room. Remodeled in the spring of 2013.
* In addition to the upstairs master, there is a queen downstairs master with a private bath, complete with huge shower, toilet, beautiful large vanity with an abundant amount of counter and drawer space and in-floor heated tile floors. Added in the fall of 2013.
*The 3rd bedroom is a queen loft bedroom with vaulted ceilings, sky lights, located in the front of the home, providing privacy from the rest of the house.
* The third bathroom is located on the first floor and boasts another large shower, vanity and toilet.
* The front and back of the house can be closed off from one another, giving a separate entrance and sleeping and bathroom privacy to the front of the house, including the loft queen bedroom, great room and bathroom. Perfect set up for your young adults and college aged children!
* Full kitchen with gas stove, pine cabinets, dishwasher and fully equipped with every amenity the chef needs! Kitchen has table for four for intimate dining and direct access to the adorable and spacious back yard with new Weber grill and outdoor dining area.
* Large dining room that can accommodate 6-10 people with sitting area.
* Great room has vaulted ceilings, large flat screen HD TV, DVD player and cozy gas fireplace.
* Full laundry
* The home sits on a double lot and offers the advantage of off street parking in a beautifully landscaped parking area along the side of the home. Easy access to the house or the back yard.
Crested Butte had been our vacation spot for 20 years. We always knew when the opportunity presented itself, we would buy our second home in our favorite town. We were fortunate to stumble upon 305 Third Street when we rented it for a month in July and found out that it was for sale. Since we had fallen in love with the home just by viewing it on VRBO, we set out with an intent to buy and as soon as we stepped foot in the door, we were in love! We try and travel to Crested Butte from our home in Louisville, Kentucky several times a year. We bring our beloved dog Barney and love to come out in June to open the house up for the season, again in the fall to experience the great changing season and of course to play in the snow sometime during the winter. Spending time in the house allows us to experience it as our guests do and gives us the opportunity to improve or repair anything we feel needs tending to. In fact, since purchasing the home, we have made several improvements to make it more comfortable for us and our guests, including a renovation of the master suite and the addition of a bathroom on the first floor.
We think you will agree that our hands on approach of actually living in the home for an extended time helps keep the home in tip-top shape for our guests!
We sincerely hope you enjoy your experience in our home and that you feel it truly is a home away from home, with the comfort and amenities you deserve when you travel!
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns, no matter if you are still looking for a vacation spot or if you are a guest. We hope you love our little town as much as we do!
Dee Dee and Ron McLeod
Dee Dee McLeod purchased this house in 2012
I have stayed here twice. Once with my family during the summer and the other with friends for skiing. This house is comfortable, clean, classy and very well appointed with many small details and nuances. It is a creative combination of old word frontier and modern. Being located essentially right off Elk street is fantastic and allows one to walk everywhere in town; very convenient. Parking also is made available, which is a premium in Crested Butte. Also I can't say enough about the owner and property manger. Both are very attentive and very easy to work with.
This house works well for many combinations of vacationeers. We had three adult couples on this trip and together and separately we enjoyed the front room, back patio and kitchen dining table. The two master bedrooms are ideal. The third bedroom is a loft with a separate full bathroom and not as ideal but it worked for us. And if you want to be in town in a home with three full bathrooms, you won't find better. We had instant response to two separate questions - Dee Dee and Ron are just great. And the place is so clean. We hope to be back to CB next year, and if we are, we'll definitely choose to stay here.
My friends and I had an absolutely wonderful stay at this property! It is centrally located and has so many great amenities. Restaurants and bars are right around the corner, and the shuttle up to the mountain is only a couple blocks away. We were able to cook multiple meals in the well stocked kitchen. The whole house was very clean and there was plenty of room for everyone, in fact it felt even bigger than the photos show. The owner Dee Dee was super responsive to our emailed questions and very accommodating. We can't say enough good things about this property and will definitely be back again!
My husband and I and our two grown children stayed at this charming home between Christmas and New Year 2015-16. It far surpasses the online photos (it's even more comfortable and spacious than it appears). It was very convenient - 1/2 block off Elk Ave. the main street, 2 blocks from the bus stop to the hill, and about 4 blocks to the Nordic xc center. It was immaculate, delightfully furnished, and very well appointed. The beds were extremely comfortable, with a private bathroom for all of us. The kitchen was well stocked with the all the basics. And the warm floors were a treat for cold feet. Dee Dee, the homeowner, was delightful to work with, and John, the caretaker was very attentive and helpful. We have never stayed in a VRBO home where so much attention was given to the comfort and convenience of the guests. We could not have asked for more! We hope to return to Crested Butte, and we can't imagine staying anywhere other than this home.
We knew the house was the perfect location, but we hoped it was the right layout and personality for our party of two couples. It was all that and more. There are so many rooms to congregate or to separate and each one is comfortable. And the entire place is so clean! It was outfitted with everything we needed. Love this place and we hope to be back here on our next trip to Crested Butte.
We loved our short stay in this cozy cottage. We come to Crested Butte every summer, and have stayed in many VRBOs. This one is one of the best. The location is perfect to walk or bike everywhere. The kitchen is stocked beyond the norm. It is exceptionally clean. The beds are very comfortable, and the bathrooms are luxurious. My only complaint is the nightly late night noise(mostly trash and bottles being dumped in the dumpster) from the bar next door, but I soon learned to keep the window fan on high to drown out the noise. And no one else in our house complained about it. I hesitate to mention any flaws, because this house is amazing!! I highly recommend this house! Thanks for sharing with us!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 24 2017 - Sep 1 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Payments by credit card will be subject to a 2.5% processing fee. Pet Fee $100 per week, per pet.
Full policy available by contacting owner. Check into VRBO's "Cancellation Protection" insurance.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.