About the property
- Cottage850 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 2
1 bedroom cottage on the west side of Keuka Lake - Hammondsport. beach frontage, dock access for your boat. Covered porch, gas grill, off street parking. 7 miles from Hammondsport or Branchport. .75 miles from both Lakeside and Waterfront restaurants. All kitchen amenities - appliances - coffee maker, toaster, microwave, blender - coffee, creamer, spices included. We supply sheets, pillows, blankets, bath and beach towels. Cable TV, DVD Player, WiFi. Pack your suitcase and come enjoy the lake !!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 15, 2018
Why Lynn Sisson chose Hammondsport
Property has an magnificient view of bluff Point, from the cottage and/or deck you have a clear view across the widest section of the lake.
What makes this Cottage unique
Property has been passed down in the family for 3 generations, build by the current owners grandparents in the 1890's. Cottage has been completely remodeled, while maintaining some of the original charm and features.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great property. Great views. Everything we were expecting.
Just as advertised. Small cottage that offers all the luxuries of being right on the lake. Quick trip to many local wineries but also perfect for just staying in. We really enjoyed our stay here and would consider coming back to this very spot every year!
A beautiful spot on lovely Lake Keuka
We were very comfortable in the cottage. All amenities listed were available, right down to the beach towels. Our hosts were very accommodating and friendly. They even brought us fresh, delicious sweet corn one evening. When we needed to extend our stay by 2 days due to a family emergency , it was a done deal. Daisy and Gatsby, their adorable Airdales, were very quiet and friendly also.
Visitors to the area will enjoy winery visits, walking around quaint Hammondsport and Penn Yan, and just plain relaxing.
COZY AND COOKING!
My Wife and I have stayed here the last two years. We enjoy cooking together so the kitchen is a great benefit to us. This is a cozy place to relax, sleep, eat on the balcony or dock and enjoy the beautiful scenery! The owners have been extremely accommodating, friendly, and quick to respond to our inquiries. We are looking forward to future visits.
Average studio cabin on the lake
The view is certainly stunning, however, the rest of the property is a bit average at best. There were pros and cons to this rental, and while it served it's purpose (a short stay for my husband, 5 month daughter & I), it did have some quirks.
Pros: location, view, cleanliness, response from owners, ease of access, amenities in the rental (linens, towels, kitchen items provided)
Cons: the rental is a bit older and it feels that way, namely how the entire front of the place feels like it is sinking. When you walk onto the porch that overlooks the lake, the view is stunning, but the floor noticeably slopes forward. I don't think we were given the right key to lock the place, and this is my fault for not asking sooner, but we were not able to actually lock the door (we did once, but consequently locked ourselves out because the key would not work to open the door!). There's a reason there are no pictures of the bathroom - I am not sure the sizing/layout is AT ALL legal. You must be of very average (even on the thinner side) weight to fit. The space between the sink and shower, to squeeze to the toilet, is TIGHT and the shower is also rather small. The shower head sprays water mostly at your chest and face because the shower is so small, you cannot angle it down any further.
All in all the rental was great for the 3 day stay we were there, and served its purpose. As I mentioned, the owners were very responsive as well, it's just that some of the older elements of the cabin leave something to be desired.
RENTERS BEWARE !!!
Complete nightmare. This being said. Me and my wife are seasoned travelers in our 40's, renting at least 20 times a year and have never encountered anything like this. The house is 2 inch's from the road, so be careful not to get run over. Upon arrival we were met by no one, except barking dogs. After unloading all of our gear and supplies we were joined by a friend of ours from the area who came to join us for some dinner and drinks. Then we were greeted by the owners while having a glass of wine around 7pm and were immediately met with hostility and discrimination. Apparently our 2 inch computer speaker, that was playing inside the cabin was to loud. Upon trying to be friendly with the owners, we were informed that drinking was frowned upon and quiet time starts at 8pm, check in is at 4pm. None of this was mentioned prior to rental. Also they were completely distraught over the fact that we decided to have a friend over without their permission, and asked for additional fee's. This was the most uncomfortable awkward stay I have ever encountered. We decided to leave immediately the next morning, which wasn't hard because their dogs were outside barking at 7am. We also had to pay a clean up charge, even though we were only there for 14hrs. Unless you are a non drinking, non music listening, unsocial person ...don't bother...We found much better accommodations in the area the next morning and enjoyed the rest of our vacation
Unfortunately our cottage was not a fit for you.
Please let me take the opportunity to clarify-
1. Yes, the property is parallel to the road, with sufficient walk way from cottage to parking area.
2. As we discussed on the phone- the cottage would be unlocked and please make yourself at home. We don't greet our renters, there is a informational sheet in the cottage to give renters a lay of the land. We like to respect their privacy. And yes, our 2 Airedale Terriers greeted you upon arrival, I'm sure your dogs greeted them as well. Note- you were not charged the $75 additional fee for bringing 2 dogs.
3. We returned home at 8pm to find a gentleman (your friend) leaning over the porch railing stating "I've been on roof all week, I need to have some beers" we rented the cottage to you and your wife, it's a studio cottage with 1 bed. You stated he was " in the neighborhood " and was staying.....yes, we asked for additional funds - again we rented to 2 people. When we were approached by yourself, it was apparent alcohol had been consumed, and there was loud repeated talk.
4. We aren't against persons relaxing and enjoying the lake. We don't appreciate persons renting with the intention loud, obnoxious partying. It's a cottage on the lake, not a cabin in the woods.
5. We agreed on Friday evening, that it would be best for all parties if you found different accommodations on Saturday.
6. You paid for the rental via credit card, I refunded your credit card on Saturday, yes I charged you a cleaning fee as I do every person who rents. The linens still need to be cleaned.
7. We are happy you were able to arrange other accommodations which better suited your style. We wish you the best in your vacation rentals.
Fantastic unless you are a light sleeper
The location next to the lake is great. The owners are very nice and provided basic condiments and spices, which was great. The bed was comfortable. Only issue for me is that it is located right on the road, and the road noise was significant. It is also east facing so it was very bright in the morning. In addition, the property listing says there is AC, but there is not (we didn't need it, but just FYI).
That being said, if you aren't a light sleeper sensitive to noise and light, it is a great place. Many people, including my husband, would not be at all bothered by those issues.
Susan, thanks for the review. Now that summer has arrived we did install the AC unit. And yes, we are fortunate to have the sunrise view each morning. Keuka wishes- Lynn