Ancient house completely renovated in the heart of a small village of Garfagnana, near the river Serchio. Carefully furnished. Places of high artistic and natural interest can be easily reached. Discounts related to the length of stay.
The village is crouching on the slopes of Monte Gallione and protected by the north winds from a cliff (the "Parello") perpendicular to the Serchio alveo. For this happy location, the area has been inhabited since the early years of the Christian era, as is documented by archaeological finds.
In the Middle Ages it was the stronghold of the Suffredinghi; later he followed the fates of the Republic of Lucca.
Anchiano maintains its medieval structure: narrow streets, passes, aways, shorts, altars and interesting portals of the 1600s and 1700s. In the highest area is the ancient parish church called San Pietro, with a beautiful medieval tower. Of its first refurbishment, it is known in the 15th century, while the latter dates back to 1850. The interior, on the cruise, presents on the dome decorations attributed to Fazzi in Lamberti, local artists (1925-1940); interesting the baptismal font of the fifteenth century and a school of robbian school. In the choir, the triptych of Puticiano (Virgin of Visitation in the center, right San Pietro a Paolo, left San Giusto in Clemente), works of the fifteenth century.
Anchiano in the last world conflict was the masterpiece of the Gothic line still bearing witness to its bunkers, its pitches and the powerful anti-war wall. The inhabitants are active and jovial.