About the property
- Cottage2900 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 nights
Premium self-catering accommodation for 14, town and pub only short walk away
OPENED MAY 2016: Self-catering luxury accommodation designed for multi-family, multi-generational holidays, groups of friends seeking a weekend together, walking/cycling/sporting groups, corporate off-sites, overseas visitors exploring this historic part of the UK & even a respectable hen party (single-sex groups only by agreement, sorry no stag parties). We also offer golfers a free round at Church Stretton Golf Club for any mid-week short break.
Perfectly located in the heart of the Shropshire Hills AONB with spectacular views over open countryside to Caer Caradoc and its hilltop fort, but unusually less than a half mile to Carding Mill Valley & The Long Mynd (National Trust) and only a short stroll along the pavement into Church Stretton with pubs, restaurants, supermarket and boutique shops.
Built in the 18th century as two cobblers cottages, extended several times and now fully renovated into a large contemporary space, featuring open plan chef's kitchen and diner, sitting area with log stove, large lounge with another log stove, plus three staircases and five superking bedrooms each with en-suite (see floor plans). Unwind and enjoy incredible views from all rooms or while relaxing in the outdoor hot tub or al-fresco dining on the composite decking.
Please enquire and Sara will happily discuss your requirements - or arrange to pop in and take a look if you're passing!
CLEARVIEWS is conveniently located for access from around the UK and for exploring the Shropshire Hills and wider attractions the county has to offer including the historic towns of Shrewsbury and Ludlow, Ironbridge Gorge and more, while day trips to Chester, Llangollen, Snowdonia and the Welsh coast are all feasible.
We can email a list of additional services such as caterers, walking group activities, on-site spa treatments (MyPersonalSanctuary), wine tasting (WineDiscovery) and more.
CLEARVIEWS is a large 2900 sq ft property and in more detail :-
- Sleeps up to 10 adults in five bedrooms, plus four* children on full size bunk beds in bedrooms 1 & 2 (each SuperKing bed can be configured as two singles for additional £20 charge). *additional nightly fee beyond 10
- Lounge with wood-burning stove, comfortable leather sofas, 48" HD television with Youview (log in with your Netflix account) and patio doors
- Chef's kitchen with oak cabinets and worktops, double oven, large microwave, wide five burner gas hob and powerful extraction, two dishwashers, larder fridge, Krups espresso machine, Nutribullet, breakfast bar, undermount 1.5 bowl sink, underfloor heating and classic Wesco Kickmaster bin
- Open plan dining area with 3m-long oak table and chairs (seats 14)
- Sitting area with tv & freeview, dvd, Xbox 360 games console and another stove
- Each bedroom has its own private en-suite with shower & loo/basin, underfloor heating and heated towel rail (bedrooms 1 & 2 also have a bath with shower)
- Utility room with washer, dryer, fridge/freezer and storage
- Entrance porch with radiator and drying/hanging space for coats and boot storage racks
- Individual Nest thermostats control the radiator in each room, so you're comfortable in all zones even when the wood-burning stoves are in use
- Free multi-zone WiFi and fibre broadband throughout, Pure Evoke D6 DAB radio/bluetooth music system, plus 4 sets of infrared headphones in the sitting area to limit disturbance to others
- Enjoy the views sat under the gazebo or hot-tub with feature LED lighting
- Authentic beach hut with table football entertainment facility
- Premium solid composite decking with outdoor rattan seating and BBQ
- Enjoy outdoor games or sports on the lawn
- Parking for up to five cars with three covered spaces and security lighting
- Secure storage for bikes and other equipment
- Selection of restaurants, pubs and boutique retailers in Church Stretton (15 mins walk)
- The Yew Tree pub and restaurant in All Stretton (2 minute walk)
- Free spring water from the tap at Stretton Water (250m, Mon-Fri only)
- Local produce available from two butchers, Ludlow Food Centre and large supermarket in town
- Activities on the doorstep include walking, cycling, golfing, swimming, gym, gliding, archery, horse-riding, fishing, tennis, bowling, mini-golf and much more (churchstretton co uk)
- Spectacular walks on the doorstep onto the Long Mynd, Caer Caradoc, Ragleth Hill, Stiperstones and more
- Changeover on Friday (peak season) and more flexible at other times
- Electricity, gas & fire wood included
PLEASE NOTE: In consideration of neighbouring properties please do not play music outside after 9pm and curtail outdoor noise by 10pm (see booking conditions).
Take a look at Oaks Retreat (property 1130765, blogged by Trip Advisor among 'the top 17 most luxurious cabins on the planet') and Larches Retreat (188794) to confirm the quality of our other holiday rentals.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 25, 2018
Sara (the owner) has five years experience in the holiday letting market and is very approachable and nothing is too much trouble. Check out the reviews of Oaks Retreat and The Larches (both in Church Stretton) on Trip Advisor to read about her dedication to guests enjoyment of their break in the Shropshire Hills.
Sara purchased this Cottage in 2015
Why Sara chose All Stretton
Very conveniently located for access from all over the UK and located in the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Stunning views over open countryside yet Church Stretton town is around 15 minutes walk along the level pavement and the Yew Tree Inn is only 3 minutes walk in the other direction.
What makes this Cottage unique
Large property, fully renovated to cater for groups. Open kitchen and dining area with large oak table for social dining, separate living room with large sofas and also separate sitting area. All areas of the property enjoy stunning views facing Caer Caradoc.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
The pictures didn't do this property justice! It is beautiful cottage. It was so easy to find being just an hours' drive away from Birmingham but it could have in a different world it was so lovely.
The cottage was spotless and well maintained and it provided every amenity one could want including (to the delight of my sister!) a Nutri-bullet blender. That alone made her holiday! The rooms were very clean, well furnished and incredibly spacious- not what we were expecting at all even though we knew each room had its own en-suite!
Nothing was too much trouble for Sara and Mark and were available if anything was amiss- they even provided a bottle of wine and prosecco as we were celebrating a 50th birthday - an unexpected treat enjoyed by all.! The Jacuzzi was also a winner amongst those staying especially the women!
My boys loved filling up the water bottles with the Spring water that was on tap outside the Princes' factory- tasting all the better because it was free - we nearly missed it as a car was parked in front of the tap!
Church Stretton is a lovely village including the antique/bric-a-brac store where we spent a lot of time seeking out bargins and the cake stores (far too much cake eaten!). The people at the library are a very friendly bunch and had lots of ideas of places to see and visit. The local pub the Yew Tree is not too far from the cottage, worth a visit for that Olde world feel but remember to bring a torch if coming back in the late evening in winter. Ludlow and Shrewsbury are also worth a visit.
I would definitely recommend this property - it provided a few days of relaxing and recharging. We are looking to book it again but for longer than the 4 days/3 nights that we had there.
I have stayed at many cottages both home and abroad and this ranks as one of the best ones I have stayed in.
Sara and Mark- thank you for allowing us to share your home even if it was only for a short time and we hope to see you both soon.....
Thank you once again
Anne and family, West Midlands
A fabulous place to stay, thank you Sara for making up all so welcome.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Our additional guest fee of £7.50 per child per night over 10 guests is based on the additional four guests being children. Note that outside noise should be curtailed by 9pm and the hot tub closed by 10pm in consideration of neighbouring properties.