“Cool Cottages in Dorset” “As cool as they get”, as featured in The Times Travel supplement (May 2016)
Voted “top 5 best rated cottages in the UK for 2017” by Baby Friendly Boltholes (January 2018)
PALM COTTAGE is a locally listed cottage located in the historic market town of Christchurch, Dorset. A short walk into the town centre, the cottage is also close to Stanpit Nature Reserve and Mudeford Quay, and many of Dorset and Hampshire’s best beaches, harbour towns and the New Forest National Park. Check our website out at www.palmcottagechristchurch.co.uk Thank you!
Cottage Highlights - Palm Cottage sleeps up to 4 people plus a cot comfortably (6 with the sofa bed), and is geared for all types of visitor but in particular families with children.
- Double aspect open plan living, dining and kitchen space
- Living area with comfy sofas, gas burner, modern LED television and board games for all ages
- Large chalked oak dining table with seating up to 6
- Children’s play nook with an array of toys, books and seating
- Fully equipped high spec kitchen with all mod cons including a dishwasher, washer dryer and Nespresso coffee machine
- Master bedroom with a king size bed, with a feature beamed vaulted ceiling
- Second bedroom has zip and lock beds which can be configured as either 2 singles or 1 king
- Marble tiled family bathroom with power shower, bath & toilet, and natural light
- 60ft cottage style rear garden with seating, artificial grass, a fully kitted outdoor play house and ride-ons, a BBQ and (hopefully) plenty of sunshine all day long.
- located in a cul-de-sac, its a quiet road with street parking available locally
- WIFI included
Baby & Child Friendly - As a family with young children ourselves, Palm Cottage is both baby and toddler friendly as highlighted below:
- a fully equipped kitchen for meal preparation and feeding; a hand blender, microwave, plastic cups, crockery and cutlery (including weaning spoons)
- dining seating; a high chair and a booster seat
- sleeping arrangements; a quality travel cot (no cot linen provided), bed guards for the twin beds, blackout blinds and night lights in both bedrooms, together with a baby monitor and a gro-egg room thermometer
- safety measures; stair-gate at top of stairs and a number of socket covers
- bath time: a selection of bath toys and non-slip mat, a potty, child’s loo seat, step and change mat
- indoor entertainment; a play nook with comfy seating and a selection of toys and books, DVD player and small selection of children’s DVDs
- outdoor entertainment; play house with selection of toys and ride-ons for garden use
- baby sitting services available on request
We do need to point out that this is an old cottage with the original stairs. While effort has been made to ‘child’ proof them, care still needs to be taken.
We really hope you enjoy your time at Palm Cottage as much as we do, and enjoy the beautiful surrounding area!