About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
Refurbished for 2016 - A fabulous cottage close to Town, Beaches & New Forest
“Cool Cottages in Dorset” “As cool as they get”, as featured in The Times Travel supplement (May 2016)
Voted “top 5 best rated cottages in the UK for 2017” by Baby Friendly Boltholes (January 2018)
PALM COTTAGE is a locally listed cottage located in the historic market town of Christchurch, Dorset. A short walk into the town centre, the cottage is also close to Stanpit Nature Reserve and Mudeford Quay, and many of Dorset and Hampshire’s best beaches, harbour towns and the New Forest National Park. Check our website out at www.palmcottagechristchurch.co.uk Thank you!
Cottage Highlights - Palm Cottage sleeps up to 4 people plus a cot comfortably (6 with the sofa bed), and is geared for all types of visitor but in particular families with children.
- Double aspect open plan living, dining and kitchen space
- Living area with comfy sofas, gas burner, modern LED television and board games for all ages
- Large chalked oak dining table with seating up to 6
- Children’s play nook with an array of toys, books and seating
- Fully equipped high spec kitchen with all mod cons including a dishwasher, washer dryer and Nespresso coffee machine
- Master bedroom with a king size bed, with a feature beamed vaulted ceiling
- Second bedroom has zip and lock beds which can be configured as either 2 singles or 1 king
- Marble tiled family bathroom with power shower, bath & toilet, and natural light
- 60ft cottage style rear garden with seating, artificial grass, a fully kitted outdoor play house and ride-ons, a BBQ and (hopefully) plenty of sunshine all day long.
- located in a cul-de-sac, its a quiet road with street parking available locally
- WIFI included
Baby & Child Friendly - As a family with young children ourselves, Palm Cottage is both baby and toddler friendly as highlighted below:
- a fully equipped kitchen for meal preparation and feeding; a hand blender, microwave, plastic cups, crockery and cutlery (including weaning spoons)
- dining seating; a high chair and a booster seat
- sleeping arrangements; a quality travel cot (no cot linen provided), bed guards for the twin beds, blackout blinds and night lights in both bedrooms, together with a baby monitor and a gro-egg room thermometer
- safety measures; stair-gate at top of stairs and a number of socket covers
- bath time: a selection of bath toys and non-slip mat, a potty, child’s loo seat, step and change mat
- indoor entertainment; a play nook with comfy seating and a selection of toys and books, DVD player and small selection of children’s DVDs
- outdoor entertainment; play house with selection of toys and ride-ons for garden use
- baby sitting services available on request
We do need to point out that this is an old cottage with the original stairs. While effort has been made to ‘child’ proof them, care still needs to be taken.
We really hope you enjoy your time at Palm Cottage as much as we do, and enjoy the beautiful surrounding area!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- English, French, Spanish, Greek
- Calendar last updated:
- May 20, 2018
We have been the happy owners of Palm Cottage for nearly 20 years, and have just completed a major refurbishment on the property. It is very much our ‘home from home’ with a simple yet luxurious style, with many personal touches. The open plan space has been designed with comfort and convenience, allowing for family living within a cosy cottage setting. We hope this attention to detail will create for an enjoyable stay.
Alexia purchased this Cottage in 2001
Why Alexia chose Christchurch
Full of life's luxuries for both Big & Little guests - everyone falls in love with this cottage and everything it has to offer.
What makes this Cottage unique
Cottage charm with a luxury, contemporary twist, not forgetting the amazing 60ft garden with a fully kitted play house to delight mini visitors!
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
This a lovely little cottage, with a homely yet clean/modern feel to it. It’s super for young children with a fab playhouse in the garden and the genius nook under the stairs. The bedrooms were well appointed, with very comfortable beds and good quality linen.
You could walk into town easily. Parking was no problem - we were always able to park in Delft Mews, just opposite the cottage.
Worth noting the stairs are steep - however not such a concern for young kids, as there’s handy stair gate at the top.
Altogether, I would highly recommend this property.
Thank you so much for the glowing review Juliette. Really pleased you all enjoyed the cottage & area! Pls do come visit again - Alexia
The best I have ever been too by far beats any five star hotel hands down!!!!
The cottage is a little piece of heaven! It’s beyond beautiful and every little detail has been thought of. We went with our two year old and he just wouldn’t want to leave the cottage not even to go to Peppa Pig land!!! His little play room was such a hit with him as was the slide outside. From an adult perspective it’s stunning amazing interiors not a penny spared ! Alexia is also absolutely brilliant always on call to help out and went out of her way to make sure we had the best 3 days ever. We can’t wait to go back !!!!
Thank you so much for the amazing review Sarah! So glad everything worked out so well & of course welcome back anytime!! Safe onward travels Alexia
Lovely cottage in a great location to explore Christchurch and surrounding area
Located in a residential road palm cottage is in a great location near Christchurch centre with shops, restaurants and quayside. We were lucky that the owners sourced a second cot for us so we could visit with our twins. The open plan living space was perfect for our family and kitchen had all the equipment you could need.
Although it looks small from the outside each room is spacious with two generous sized bedrooms.
There is no designated parking but we didn't struggle to park near the cottage at all.
Thank you for a lovely stay
Thank you for the lovely review Lucy & yes, thrilled we could host you & organise the second cot in 24 hours (!) to enable your stay. Glad you enjoyed what the local area has to offer! Thanks again & do come again soon. Alexia
everything was just perfect,neat and clean.... and fully equipped
Thanks for the great review! Really glad you choose & enjoyed our cottage over the festive period!! Welcome back any time! X
3 Day Stay In Christchurch
A well maintained and spacious property with everything there for a great holiday. Heating and hot water in copious amounts. The stairs are a bit challenging for us older folk, but not a problem for most I imagine. We liked the five minute walk to the High Street and it's restaurants. Would stay again for a short break in this popular town.
Warm and welcoming
A beautifully appointed cottage with everything that is needed to enjoy a holiday. It certainly lived up to all expectations
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Please contact owner for periods of stay less than 7 nights.