Whether you’re planning to visit the Dale Hollow area on a family vacation, honeymoon, hunting / fishing trip, or simply a peaceful get away; you’ll enjoy this privately owned log cabin with rustic decor just minutes from Dale Hollow Lake. The 100’ x 200’ lot provides peace, privacy, and plenty of room to park multiple vehicles, boats, and trailers including a car port to protect your boat or car from the weather. It’s the perfect place to relax after a day of fishing, horseback riding, hunting, or playing on beautiful Dale Hollow Lake! In order to insure comfort for guests with allergies, smoking is not allowed inside the cabin, and we do not allow any pets.
Approximately 1200 square foot of indoor living space equipped with:
• All new appliances and furnishings, pillow top mattresses, and memory foam pillows installed in the spring of 2014.
• Direct TV & wireless internet service.
• Central heat and air.
• Washer & dryer available for your use.
• The living room is open to the roof beams with a queen sized sofa sleeper, 2 rocker recliners, a 40 inch flat screen TV, and a DVD/CD/Blue Ray player.
• Kitchen fully equipped with refrigerator w/ ice maker, microwave, flat top range, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, crock pot, electric mixer, and chopper. Cookware, dinnerware, silverware, cooking utensils, kitchen linens, and 1st morning coffee provided. Dining table with 4 chairs plus a breakfast bar with 2 bar stools for additional dining space.
• Bathroom is a little small, but it has everything you’ll need ... 34” shower, vanity, toilet, and hair dryer. Plenty of towels and 1st morning bath products provided in case you forget something.
• Cozy loft bedroom above the kitchen with 2 twin beds, chest of drawers, and night stand.
Full sized finished Basement:
• Accessible from the main floor or basement level outside entrance on the back side of the cabin.
• Bedroom with a queen sized bed, large mirrored dresser, large closet, and a sitting area with a cozy love seat & 20” TV.
Relax with your morning coffee in a rocking chair on the large front porch and enjoy outdoor dining on the covered back deck that runs the length of the cabin. The deck is furnished with a dining table, 6 chairs, and a gas grill. Sit back and soak up the tranquil scenery of open grassy fields and woods. The view from the deck is beautiful, especially in the fall when the leaves turn! You may even spot some wild turkey or deer! While the steaks sizzle on the grill, you may want to try your luck at a game of Corn Hole (boards & bags provided). After dinner you may want to relax around a cozy fire in the outdoor fire pit and roast some marshmallows.
The Getaway is not next to anything, but it's near everything! The peace and quiet coupled with views of open fields and woods will make it seem like you are a long way from anything, but most everything you'll want is close by.
Dale Hollow Lake is just a couple of miles away. With over 600 miles of naturally preserved shoreline and crystal-clear water, beautiful Dale Hollow Lake is perfect for boating, wake boarding, jet skiing, diving, and fishing. It's a prime location for small mouth bass fishing, currently holding the world record for the largest Small Mouth Bass ever taken (11 lb., 15 oz)!
You'll find 4 marinas where you can rent boats and jet skis, or where you can launch your own within 5 miles of the Getaway:
• Holly Creek Resort – 2 miles.
• Hendricks Creek Resort – 4 miles.
• Dale Hollow Marina – 5 miles.
• Cedar Hill Resort – 5 miles
If you enjoy horseback riding or hiking, you won't want to miss the Red Oak Ridge Horse Riding / Hiking Trail that is just 3 miles away. The trail offers 18 miles of beautiful and scenic trails developed for horseback riding or hiking. Beginning on wooded ridge top, riders can descend to follow the forested Dale Hollow shoreline. Seven loops provide for cutbacks to shorten or lengthen the trail, and the Eagles Bluff Overlook provides one of the most spectacular vistas of Dale Hollow Lake.
• Just 7 miles away you'll find the quaint little town of Celina with multiple stores where you can purchase gas, groceries, bait, and other necessities. You may want to browse the little antique shops downtown around the old court house or make a visit to the Clay County Museum. Along the way, stop in for a taste of the local BBQ or some country cooking at one of the small restaurants.
A little further out you'll find additional marinas, 2 state parks, golf courses, more unique little towns, and plenty of southern hospitality.