|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Bask in the sunny yard, take a dip in the swimming hole or go tubing in the creek, ski the peaks, walk to town, or just relax by the fire roasting marshmallows all while enjoying the peace and beauty of the Catskills at our lovely Phoenicia retreat.
We fell in love with Phoenicia after staying in a vacation rental just down the street from what we now call our home away from home. We hope you'll find it to be just as charming!
The family-friendly house has an open floor plan that flows from the living room to the kitchen and dining area. The two bedrooms are tastefully decorated with comfortable beds. The main bedroom has a queen sized bed and the second has a twin size daybed that converts into a king size by pulling out the trundle. There is one shared bathroom with a tub/shower. A queen size air mattress is also available for two additional guests.
Expect to see gorgeous mountain views from nearly every window in the house and hear the sounds of the Esopus Creek nestled just steps around the bend. Woodland Valley campground and its spectacular trail heads are but a few miles down the road. This really is a four season retreat.
There is an inflatable queen mattress available for stays with more than four guests. Please write to us with your needs prior to making the reservation and we'll do our best to accommodate your party.
Have a dog? Please ask before making your reservation.
The Trailways bus from NYC stops within walking distance of the house in the village. From NYC, 2-2.5 hours of easy driving will take you to your new home away from home!
We will not be in Phoenicia during your stay, but will make ourselves available for any needs that may arise. We also have someone in the neighborhood who cares for the property in our absence so please don't hesitate to contact us as needed.
Nearby you'll find some of the finest dining in the region - Peekamoose, Phoenicia Diner, Bear Cafe, and more. Hunter Mountain, Bellayre, and Plattekill ski areas are all short drives from the house. Phoenicia has shops, restaurants, hiking, and other recreation, and is located near several popular destinations for day trips and outdoor recreation.
The Trailways bus stops in town in front of the hardware store. It's walkable to and from the house.
Nearby local attractions and events:
Catskill Mountain Railroad & Railway Museum - 2 minutes
Festival of the Voice Venues - 2-5 minutes
Zen Mountain Monastery - 8 minutes
Woodland Valley Hiking Trails - 10 minutes
Ashokan Reservoir - 15 minutes
Farm Animal Sanctuary - 15 minutes
Belleayre Mountain - 20 minutes
Hunter Mountain - 25 minutes
Woodstock - 25 minutes
Kaaterskill Falls - 30 minutes
Kingston's Historic Stockade District - 30 minutes
Windham Mountain - 40 minutes
Plattekill Mountain - 40 minutes
The Hudson Project - 40 minutes
Mohonk Mountain House - 50 minutes
Historic Huguenot Street - 50 minutes
Storm King Art Center - 70 minutes
Hudson Music Fest - 60 minutes
Bethel Woods - 90 minutes
We loved the beautiful setting at the Woodland Valley Catskills Hideaway. My husband and I traveled there for three nights with our three-year-old son, so our experience is based on that of having a child in tow.
The good stuff:
- The two bedroom layout was great, with the bathroom separating the two bedrooms. It was a smaller home, which was perfect for us since we didn't end up having to pay for unused space.
- The home is well kept, clean and fully equipped with kitchenware and extra linens. We were happily surprised by all the little extras we found around (like lotion! I forgot my lotion but found some under the bathroom sink. Phew!)
- Lovely secluded yard on a quiet street allowed plenty of space to play and relax. Even though there were technically neighbors close by, the greenery really made us feel like we had a private space.
- The fire pit was awesome. There is a box of matches somewhere in a kitchen cupboard. :)
- Hearing the creek from the house was very relaxing.
Things to consider:
- The grill needed some repair and ran out of propane gas on our second day. But we contacted the owner who took care of those things the very next morning.
- There was an ant problem in the kitchen. We tried to keep the counters completely clean during long outings and at night, which helped us manage the problem. In a beautiful spot in the middle of nature, one would expect some small bugs to make their way in and it really didn't bother us that much, but it's worth mentioning if you are squeamish at all around small creatures.
- The floors were extremely creaky which, without a child who goes to bed early, would not have been a consideration. But if you are a light sleeper or there is one in your travel group, it's something to consider.
- We are city dwellers who are used to walking everywhere and from the maps things looked relatively close - like getting to the ice cream shop in town. But you really do have to drive just about anywhere you want to go. The roads are gorgeous with all the lush green, but also very windy, so walking didn't seem like the safest route.
Two of our favorite activities on our trip were the Falling Waters Preserve (easy, wide hiking path, shaded, waterfall and sitting areas, beautiful overlook of Hudson River) and the Belleayre Beach (boat/activity rentals, nearby hiking trails, nice facilities).
We loved our stay and would definitely renting again next summer!
Very nice house, it has everything you need, good location close to two main ski mountains.
This was really a great place to stay! We went up for a weekend wedding. The house was clean, open and did not feel creepy at all! Our dog also LOVED running around the property and barking with the neighboring dogs. We'd absolutely stay again and highly recommend this place. Megan and Jason were great hosts.
We spent 4 nights here recently. It was our second stay. The house is comfortable and the kitchen well appointed. It would be nice to have an option to rent movies on the Roku. There's a nice lake 15 minutes away where you can park for $10 and stay all day, complete with restrooms and a snack bar. We are not much for hiking or fishing, but the area is beautiful and offers both. The downsides are that Phoenicia is pretty spare in terms of shopping and restaurants, and there isn't a good grocery store in the neighborhood, so I'd suggest bringing in your own coffee and food. We did get to Woodstock, which was fun and close by, and there is shopping in Kingston, about 1/2 an hour away.
Our recent stay was in this well maintained home was lovely. The house and grounds are exactly as shown in the description. The owner answered all of our questions and was in touch during our stay just to see if everything was OK (and it was). This is a great find. We'll be back!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$99|