|Minimum Stay||4 - 7 nights|
About Palmetto Dunes
Welcome to one of the top 25 "Travel + Leisure" magazine's "World’s Best Family Resorts"... Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort on Hilton Head Island.
We’ve earned this distinction by providing a world-class golf experience along with attractions that are sure to please every member of your family. You’ll find something to do and see for everyone, no matter the age, no matter the interest, without leaving this 2,000 acre resort. Along with our three miles of sun-kissed beaches where you can soak up the rays, frolic in the calm ocean waters, or bike along the beach, you’ll find such exciting adventures as kayaking our 11 mile lagoon system, fishing our ocean waters as well as our fresh water lagoons, and exploring all of our pristine natural environment. Of course there are also three world-class golf courses, an award-winning tennis center, many restaurants, and miles of walking and bike paths for your enjoyment. Our famous Shelter Cover Harbour and Marina provides an opportunity for site-seeing, shopping, fishing charters, and a full schedule of live entertainment and fireworks during our summer-long celebration.
And the best part? All of this is within walking distance from your villa.
About Our Villa
Saint Andrews Common is located in the center of the Palmetto Dunes Resort complex. Surrounded by live oaks and tranquil lagoons, this beautiful setting is the perfect getaway for a superb vacation. Beautifully decorated and comfortably furnished, the villa is the perfect place to relax after a day at the beach, brisk morning walk, bicycling with the family, or cool dip in the marvelous pool that's just steps from the villa. You’ll find the patio is the go-to spot for morning coffee, afternoon chats with family and friends. Enjoy preparing your favorite meal on the grill while listening to the sounds of the many creatures who inhabit our beautiful island.
The villa has been completely renovated and beautifully decorated. The open floor plan allows everyone to enjoy the living area and its comfortable furnishings, yet affords the ability to retreat to the private areas of the villa as desired.
The kitchen was renovated in the winter of 2015. All new appliances and a fully equipped kitchen allow for any type of meal preparation. A Weber gas grill on the patio, is a great addition, and is perfect for cooking those steaks or any of our abundant local seafood. The dining area seats six and the snack bar seats three comfortably.
Here’s The Layout
• Living Room – You’ll enjoy 2 comfortable sofas, in addition to 2 comfortable chairs, and a large Flat Screen LED HDTV that includes HBO. High cathedral ceilings and large windows allow plenty of natural light and offer a beautiful and tranquil view of the islands lush semi-tropical vegetation. Living room opens onto the patio thru French-doors.
• Kitchen – Fully complimented kitchen with ample space to prepare either a small breakfast or a large dinner for all. The bar area is perfect for eating, drinking or visiting with the cook.
• Dining Room – Large table with seating for 6. A large window offers peaceful views, natural light and the occasional glimpse of the local deer that wander the resort.
• Master Suite –A cozy king bed, large closet, and a sitting area next to large windows and glass doors (also leading to the patio). This bedroom has its own Flat Screen, LED HDTV and en suite bathroom.
• Huge Loft – Accessible by a spiral staircase, this bedroom is furnished with a queen, twin bed and twin trundle, Flat Screen LED HDTV and a large closet. This is the perfect retreat for the children or second adult couple, and includes its own large, private bathroom. This very large loft has 14 ft ceilings and lots of natural light.
• Laundry-room with full size clothes washer/dryer, iron and board inside the condo for your convenience.
• Patio – Accessible from both the living room and the master bedroom, this patio is both covered and open so that it is useable in sunny as well as rainy weather. With seating for all guests, this is the perfect place to enjoy morning coffee, or afternoon beverages and evening conversations with family and friends.
Here Are The Extras
• A car is seldom needed - park it for the week and walk or bike throughout the resort. Or take advantage of Palmetto Dunes complimentary shuttle service to any destination within the resort. *The shuttle runs from the spring thru the fall seasons.
• Three golf courses
• 20+ tennis courts
• Three miles of private beach
• Shelter Cove shopping, dining, and entertainment
• 50+ miles of bike trails
• 11 miles of lagoons
• Hilton Head Health Spa - the premier weight loss and health retreat in the nation for over 35 years
• Private beach club and pavilion with restrooms and outdoor shower facilities
• Grocery and general store
• Hilton Head Outfitters - bicycle, kayak, canoe, beach and vacation rentals on site
• Over 200 fine dining/casual restaurants are nearby, as well as miniature golf, museums, shopping, and historical tours.
• Or just relax at the beautiful pool, steps from the villa. Plenty of shade for the fair, and a large sun deck for sun worshippers.
• Our St. Andrews Common villa gives you access to all the Palmetto Dunes/Shelter Cove Resort has to offer and a discount for many of the resort's activities.
• The villa is professionally cleaned, inspected and then given a final check to make sure everything you need is there. The villa is smoke-free and pet-free to insure the unit’s freshness and cleanliness.
If you don't find available dates for St Andrews Common, please check our other listings.
Our family has provided accommodations here on Hilton Head Island since 2012, with our first villa at Evian on Shipyard Plantation (vrbo.com/450435) our second at St Andrews Common at Palmetto Dunes the next year (vrbo.com/572763) and our third at Treetops near South Forest Beach this year in 2016 (vrbo.com/871084)
If you are ready to book, simply send an email or call.
Note: Weekly rentals run Saturday to Saturday; Check in time is 4pm and Check out time is 10am.
We visited Hilton Head several years ago and just fell in love with the area and atmosphere. There are no high rises on the island, so it is less crowded, relaxed, very family friendly. Perfect for a bike ride or walk, play on the beach, kayak in the lagoons, or hang out and just be a family. Very casual and relaxing - perfect place to forget the hustle and bustle of the city.
Nall Gearheard purchased this villa in 2014
Saint Andrews Commons the hidden gem of Palmetto Dunes, very spacious, immaculately landscaped, and very roomy. A wonderful villa in an incredible resort offering so many activities for every member of the family.
St. Andrews is a wonderful, quiet development, that is eternally green. St Andrews features a gorgeous pool & sundeck that overlook the Fazio golf course and a gentle fountain. The villa is centrally located so all the resort amenities close at hand. Just a lovely, relaxing atmosphere overall.
Villa's location and ambience couldn't be better, thanks to my talented and tasteful wife. Very private, spacious accommodations and grounds, the villa is centrally located to all the resort's activities - you won't want to leave and literally don't have to - everything you want or need is inside the resort. The patio is a great place to relax after a long day at the beach. Live oaks shade the pool in the afternoons, keeping the water cool in the summer, perfect for afternoon dips. Just a great vacation spot, restful, quiet, perfect place for being with loved ones.
This was just as it's pictured beautiful. Owners were so nice to work with. Anything you needed was tended to right away. You had all the comforts of home at your fingertips. The villa was well supplied with anything you would need. Great stay. I would return here anytime and would recommend this spot to anyone.
Palmetto Dunes is a great location for a stay in Hilton Head, tons of restaurants, shopping and the beach. This condo is located in St Andrews Common (near the front) the pool is super close and really nice. There was the Dunes Buggy to supply transportation to and from the beach, which made things really easy. The beds were comfortable with lot's of pillows, there was plenty of room for our family with everything you could need in the kitchen. The TVs were nice with lot's of channels available on the cable system and the couches were comfortable plus board games were available and a Toy Story 3 puzzle, which our daughter loved. Bonus there were beach chairs to use. We enjoyed our stay and plan to be back.
This was our first trip to HHI and we will definitely be back for more. The condo was well maintained and looked just like the photos. The new bike rental service they offer was very convenient and the owners were very quick to respond to all my many questions. We loved it so much that we're getting ready to book next years visit.
We had an amazing stay this week. The condo itself was very clean, beautifully decorated and the layout was great for our family of five. The kitchen (and the rest of the place) was well stocked with everything we could need. Proximity to the pool was nice and the short drive to the beach worked out great for us. Palmetto Dunes itself was a beautiful place to be, with its own conveniences for those who stay there. I highly recommend to anyone that is struggling with the decision on where to stay on the Island!
Just returned from our second stay at St. Andrews Commons and the villa was even lovelier than we had remembered.
The surroundings are lush and green and the condo itself is decorated in muted, peaceful tones. The kitchen is newly renovated and fully stocked with utensils. The furnishings are comfortable and inviting.
Beach access at the Disney Beach House is convenient and pleasant.
The owners are helpful and responsive.
This is a beautiful, peaceful place to unwind!
Everything was exactly what needed. Great place!!
|Refundable damage deposit||$200|
|Departure Cleaning Fee||$115 + Tax|
A signed rental agreement is required to confirm your reservation. Please review the rental agreement prior to requesting a reservation.
Summer Vacation weeks are Saturday 4:00 P.M. to Saturday 10:00 A.M. only.
Snowbird rates are available, please call to inquire.