|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Tastefully designed and newly upgraded reflecting quality and comfort, this top floor cozy condo is nestled among the tropical treetops, with private lanai and peek-a-boo views of the ocean. My wife and I affectionately call our unit #322 the Kona Dove. It is, in our opinion, one of the more desirable units in the Kona Islander Inn complex; ours is a top-floor unit, away from the traffic noise of Alii drive and Kuakini Highway, but close enough to hear soothing surf sounds at night. Our west-and-south facing lanai has an extra-expansive and open view since our unit is also a corner unit. And my wife Therese is an artist and designer- we keep our unit lovely and clean inside!
Kona Islander Inn studio condo description
This newly upgraded, top floor end unit features:
• Interior artfully designed in hardwood and woven rattan “island style” furnishings, end table, large dresser, café table with two chairs, and an accent chair for additional seating.
• Tropical morning sun pours onto your lanai, where you can sip your smoothie and contemplate your day. We’ve added a new patio table, chairs and pull down sun-shade
• one comfy Queen-size bed.
• Fully equipped kitchenette with brand new microwave, mini refrigerator, coffee maker, blender, electric skillet, cutting boards, dishware, serve-ware and utensils.
• A quality 40” inch flat screen TV with remote and free cable. High speed internet available in reception/lobby area.
• Cozy upgraded bathroom with new modular shower and chrome fixtures with pocket door off of kitchen for privacy, hair dyer and extra towels.
• A lovely bedroom/living area with sliding glass doors that lead out to your private lanai.
• New air conditioner with remote control.
• Spectacular location in the heart of historic Kailua Kona Town, in close proximity to beaches, snorkeling, cafes, shopping, dining and farmer’s produce and artist’s market. Just a few steps through the garden to the pool/Jacuzzi area where there are two gas BBQ grills for your use.
Therese and Dave have been happily married since August 2001 and live in San Francisco. Dave is a free-lance musician who has recorded and toured with Boz Scaggs and Rosemary Clooney. Therese works at the DeYoung museum in Golden Gate Park!
Dave Scott purchased this condo in 2014
Recommended years ago by a dear friend who lives in Kona, we immediately fell in love with this very special property - with its lush tropical gardens, Hawaiian-style charm, unbeatable oceanside location and value! We've been staying here exclusively for years as renters; now as new owners, we are excited to share it with others!
Top floor end unit; private lanai with peek-a-view views of the ocean; one comfy queen-size bed; newly renovated; 40' wall-mounted flat-screen TV with cable; peacefully situated within the bustling energy of downtown.
It is in a really good location,so close to the shops and restaurants. Very pretty treed property with lots of privacy. No elevators so be prepared to lug your suitcases up 3 flights of stairs. The apartment is roomy but is need of a good cleaning and aired out (musky smelling). The shower stall was dirty and the grout is full of mildew. We didn't use the kitchen at all but it seemed equipped. Nice and big comfy bed. The big dresser would be better if the drawers could open. Parking is limited so if you arrive late you might have to park in a lot a ways down from the complex which we didn't like. Some updates to this apartment would make a huge difference
Awesome !! Everything you need here !! Owner was great to us and worked with us on extended stay !!
Thank you Dave !! Go Michigan
We really enjoyed the stay at Kona Islander. The Condo is near to the city, the motel complex is nice. The room is reasonable for the price so we recommend the Condo.
The apartment was just as described and in great condition. The bed was super comfy and the view from the terrace was a winner. Great facilities and cute on site cat!
The condo is a great place to stay. Great location to everything that you may need while staying in Kona. Everything was clean and beds are comfy. Lovely view from the condo. And the Kona Islander Inn has beautiful grounds and lovely people to help you with anything you may need.
Total loved my time here.
Kona is a wonderful place to visit, and this is a wonderful place to stay. The location is convenient, the unit well-maintained. Our favorite part was the lovely Kona breeze on the lanai. Many thanks for a delightful stay.
Kailua-Kona has the sunshine! The weather on this side of the Big Island can best be described as eternal springtime. Quite simply, it's almost always warm and wonderful. Kona has the calmest, clearest water in the state. This side also has the best beaches on the island, with some, such as Hapuna, consistently rated in the top five in the United States. All this adds up to a traveler's delight, one of the reasons that the Kona side has such a high visitor repeat ratio. Our personal favorite local activities in the area include snorkeling, Farmer's Market, local shopping, Kahaluu Beach Park, Kealakekua Bay, (Captain Cook Monument), Place of Refuge, Kua Bay, whale and dolphin watching, and Kona coffee tasting at local mills.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.