2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 4-5
Owner / Property Manager
About Owner / Property Manager
Having both grown up spending summers on the water in New England, my husband and I shared the dream of one day living on the beach.... That way we would NEVER have to leave! My husband owns and operates a boutique architectural firm specializing in the design of coastal New England homes. We agreed when renovating, to keep the coastal cottage charm alive, yet we wanted to update the space with the modern day amenities that make life a bit more comfortable. These included vaulted ceilings to make the space feel larger, a flat-screen TV, internet and cable, heat, air-conditioning, stainless steel appliances and a large deck overlooking the water. We wanted it to feel casual and relaxed but bright and sophisticated. A space that while amazing as a summer cottage would be enjoyable all year round. A home where our family, and other families could retreat for rest, relaxation and fun!
Owner / Property Manager purchased this Cottage in 2011
Why Owner / Property Manager chose Portsmouth
In 2011, shortly after we were married, we fell in love with this property. Built in the 1940’s, this summer cottage was previously owned by a family who spent every summer here together. When we purchased the property, the family shared great stories and memories that were created here, and we were truly inspired to make this a special place of our own.
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
An amazing spot
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Amazing views and such cute cottage!
Once again, amazing
Our second stay at this gem of a place right on the river, 15 minutes from Newport and all the attractions. But the real attraction is the charm and comfort of the cottage and the 270 degree view of the water. Add to it little touches like fresh flowers, fruit and a sweet welcome note and always accessible hosts and you get to ten stars.
Perfect In Every Way!
The pictures do not do this property justice! The cottage is adorable with many thoughtful amenities. The deck is amazing and we spent every day, but one (due to rain) in the water. Bring your water shoes (very rocky beach) and a float because there is no better way to spend the day. We are planning on renting again next summer, our week at Fairview was just simply lovely and we didn't want to leave. I would highly recommend this property to anyone who wishes for a quiet vacation on the water, where you feel like you are truly away, but still have farm stand, restaurants, shops, etc within 5-10 minutes. It really was perfect in every way!
PREFERENCE NOTE: The mattresses are on the firm side, so if you prefer a softer mattress, bring a mattress topper along, which is what I'll be doing next time!
The cutest cottage EVER with the most beautiful views....exceeded my expectations in every way!!!
Just beautiful! The cottage is lovely & well appointed. The water views are magical. We enjoyed the quiet peaceful setting and being close to all the activities in Newport. We can’t wait to come back!
If you are looking for a quiet relaxing get away, this is the place for you. My wife and I had a great week at this Beachfront cottage.
Enjoy the relaxation and privacy of this waterfront cottage. Swimming and water activities steps from your door. Beachcombing at its best; shelling, sea glass collecting and bird watching. This is a summer haven that you could never leave...
...but if you must... Here are some great local activities!
To prepare your own local Rhode Island 'farm to fork' meal, visit DeCastro's farm stand with all farm fresh produce located at top of the street or the Aquidneck Farmers Market in Newport on Wednesdays.
Winery tours and tastings are just minutes away and head to Greenvale Vineyards on Sunday for live Jazz music. It's a short 15 minute ride to Newport for endless vacation activities in 'America's First Resort.' Visit local beaches and enjoy activities such as swimming, paddle boarding, kayaking, sailing and surfing. Experience the Newport Mansions, walk along the historic cliffwalk or meander the cobblestone streets of downtown Newport. There are countless boutiques, restaurants and bars to enjoy along the way.
Top Ten 'Must Do' Activities in Newport & Portsmouth
1. Charter an America's Cup Sailboat, and learn to sail aboard a classic racing yacht or simply sip champagne and enjoy the ride!
2. Tour a Newport Mansion. The Marble House, The world renowned Breakers, Doris Duke's Rough Point and many more opulent homes were the summer retreats of the rich and famous during the Gilded Age.
3. Drive the esteemed, Ocean Drive, just like Grace Kelly and Frank Sinatra in 'High Society.' This street boasts mansions both old and new and winds along a stunning rocky coast line. A great spot for a picnic and a family photo!
4. Enjoy a Drink on the Lawn at Castle Hill: Nearing the end of Ocean Drive you will stumble upon the magnificent Castle Hill Inn. The lawn is the perfect place to watch the sun set, while relaxing in an Adirondack chair and enjoying your favorite libation.
5. Eat at the Brick Alley Pub, everyone does! It is a Newport staple. They have an extensive menu, a great salad bar and the best lobster rolls in town. It is also family friendly!
6. Watch a Tennis Match at The Tennis Hall of Fame or tour their delightful museum. If you are lucky you might even be able to reserve a grass court for a match of your own!
7. Get ready to stomp some divots 'Pretty Woman' style at the Portsmouth Polo Grounds. This is a great family activity, half time is the best and don't forget to pack a picnic.
8. Visit St. Mary's Church on Memorial Blvd. You may recognize this as where John and Jackie Kennedy said 'I Do.' Years later, Newport is one of the leading destination wedding locations in the United States!
9. Fly A Kite at Brenton Cove on a Saturday Afternoon. You will be in good company and the kites are pretty impressive. Located on Ocean Drive this is another perfect photo opportunity and a great spot to picnic, play bocce or kick around a soccer ball.
10. Pick out your own Lobster at Aquineck Lobster. Nothing says 'New England Vacation' like lobster dinner. Here you can hand pick own lobster and if this doesn't sound appealing, you can enjoy lobster at pretty much any of the local restaurants!
There are endless opportunities and we hope you enjoy Newport as much as we do!