|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
This 18 century colonial home was lovingly restored and is located in the historic center of San Miguel de Allende. This home is over 6000 square feet of construction and is built around a beautifully landscaped central courtyard with stone fountain and queen palms. The walls are two feet thick in places and most all the bedrooms, living, dining rooms, kitchen and office are all located on the first floor. There is a beautiful bedroom and terraces upstairs with views of the churches and Parroquia that light up at night. There is a maid, cook, gardener and house manager to make your vacation a memorable and unique experience. The home is full of unique architectural details. Each bedroom has its own ensuite bathroom. The beds all have high thread count sheets, pillows and down comforters. The home has lovely hand made colonial style furniture and houses a beautiful art collection of paintings, sculpture, and photography of the owners. This home was featured in the latest book on San Miguel de Allende. San Miguel de Allende Hospitality.
The owner has designed and built homes in Tucson Arizona. He fell in love with San Miguel on a visit in 1996 where he now lives in the countryside with his family.
Jed Paradies purchased this house in 2004
We have been coming to San Miguel since 1996 and have made this lovely town our home.
Experience this beautiful historic home with family or friends. There's plenty of spaces for privacy and many areas to enjoy as a group. Step out into the cobblestone streets of San Miguel and discover why it was named the number#1 destination in the world in 2013 by Conde Nast Traveler.
The name of this wonderful home is Paraiso - that means Paradise - and for my husband and me and 5 weeks of our travel friends, that pretty much sums it up!
We booked the home for our 4th visit to SMA since 2004. It was the best Casa of all the home stays we have had there, and among the best anywhere we have been, including France & Italy. Here are some reasons why this home works so well - there are:
- clean, spacious, well-furnished bedrooms and baths giving every bedroom and bath a level of comfort and privacy that is unusual for multi-bedroomed homes; each bedroom has its own TV with many cable choices, including major US stations; lots of drawer and closet space too. 4 bedrooms are on the first level; the 5th is upstairs, a "penthouse" with large furnished patio adjacent.
- lovely public spaces that are comfortable for 10 persons to enjoy together - or in smaller groups. Some are indoors, some outside in the covered part of the courtyard or rooftop patios, so there’s always a place to curl up and read or gather and visit;
- a large kitchen, the domain of cook Rosario and Karina (the housekeeper who also helps Rosario prepare wonderful food). That’s breakfast 6 days a week plus any add’l meals or treats you may desire. If you want to cook, this kitchen is well-equipped from its major professional stove to the pots, pans and appliances.
- a fireplace in most rooms. This is wonderful for cool nights (we were there in winter, when SMA can be chilly) - the bedrooms and living room have gas logs; the dining room has a large, wood-burning fireplace that provides a great ambience as well as warmth
- a management staff off-site that is responsive to any problem, not “mañana" - that very day!
- a location in flat part of Centro that is convenient to everywhere, usually no more than 5-10 minutes walk. No need for a car, and if you need a taxi to go further or up the hills, the taxi stand is just down the street;
We plan to return to Casa Paraiso - it’s wonderful.
Our family of 10 - from grandmas to grankids-spent the Christmas holiday In this beautiful property. The place is a short walk to any great restaurants. The house's bedrooms were super comfortable and clean. Perfectly warm at night. The service from the ladies, the maid and the cook was amazing. They made us some delicious breakfast every day and even helped us to get ready for our Christmas celebration. Beautiful terrace on top. I'd highly recommend to stay at this house, all you see in the pics is pretty to how it looks!
We spent a magical week at the gorgeous home. Perfectly located for walking to everything. Comfortable, gracious, roomy and updated. Everyone in my multi-generational group of 10 was able to find their own favorite space. Staff was pleasant and food was amazing. Highly recommended for large groups who want to be close to the Jardin but still have a refuge behind thick walls.
We loved staying at this house. It is ideally located so that all the sights are easily accessible by foot or just a short taxi ride. The residence is luxurious and has all the ammenities including a great outdoor sitting area for everyone to gather. There are also two lovely women that staff the property. Two thumbs up!
My girl friends and I just spent a week at this great house. It is in a great location which is only a (long) 2 blocks from the Jardin but a rare flat walk as most of San Miguel is very hilly. Also, another great draw is that all but one of the bedrooms are on the first floor! The cook, Rosario, and the maid, Karina were great and added so much to our trip! We had full breakfasts which were fabulous and entertained friends for lunch one day. They were so agreeable and made it so much more enjoyable for us to have the burden of cleaning and cooking taken away. The rooftop is a great place to visit and have drinks. The fifth bedroom is on the roof and has an ensuite bath. I would highly recommend this house!
This fabulous 18 century colonial home is located in the historic center of San Miguel de Allende. The artisan market is around the corner. The central square (Jardin) and Parroquia are two blocks away. A fine spanish language school is across the street. Plaza Civica, churches, restaurants, bars and all of historic San Miguel are all within a few minutes walk.
|Property Damage Protection||$99|