House, 2 Bedrooms + Sleeping Porch, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 4)
- english, french, spanish
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
We really had a wonderful time and will be back.
This was actually our first stay in Costa Rica and we couldn’t have chosen a better place to do it.
This little home is the perfect getaway for anyone wanting to relax! The property is seriously 50 feet away from the beach where we saw maybe 5 other people during the duration of our stay. Claudette was a joy to work with and so helpful throughout our stay. 10/10 would recommend. I know we can’t wait to return.
Right on the beach! Quiet town, Esterillos Centro.
This is a small, simple beach house that is right on the beach in a pretty quiet area. You have a small dirt road to cross and you are right on the sand. The price is excellent for basically having the beach to yourself. The neighbor and the neighborhood have quite a few free roaming dogs so if you are not an animal lover, you may want to look elsewhere (then again nearby towns also have free roaming dogs!) =D. We went during August so the ocean was quite mixed up. However, right in front of the hotel nearby is considered a good surf spot. The spot right in front of the house is pretty good for swimming but I recommend bringing boogie fins because of the strong currents. There were boogie boards available when we stayed, which was quite nice. We rented longboards from Brett in Esterillos Oeste (also a good surf spot), nice guy. The hotel/restaurant within walking distance has a pool table and great food. First time trying snook/robalo! House is not too far of a drive from Jacó or Manuel Antonio. Some advice: I highly recommend bringing good mosquito repellant. Also, you are very close to an estuary which is nice to walk through. Pamela and Claudette are very pleasant to talk to. Thanks again.
I will return!
First, no matter what I say after this, "expect me back". The interior of the house was well maintained, clean and adequate space for two people. It was excellent to work with Paula the owner and Claudette the caretaker. They were both very responsive to every email and phone call. I wanted a quiet get away and that's what I got. The kitchen had everything that we needed to prepare meals and though we did forget some minor things, they were easily found within a five minute drive. The ocean was literally a stone throw away, which was the best part of the stay. The sound of the ocean and the ocean breeze was so relaxing and tranquil. The internet worked great, so I could lay in the lounge chair on the large exterior covered porch and enjoy NFL games and the atmosphere of the ocean simultaneously. If I had anything to recommend for improvement would be the bed in the master bedroom. It's a small room, so I know it would be difficult for a larger bed to fit, but the pillows on the master bed did not smell so fresh and my feet hung out over the foot of the bed. We did meet Dan the neighbor a very pleasant chap from Ohio, I will not hold that against him and his mellow dog Donna. It became funny that Donna always knew when to show up for meal time. :) All in all, I loved my stay and definitely looking forward to a return visit.
Thanks very much for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and want to come back!
The humidity and sea air often cause a "moldy" smell which we will continue to monitor both in the linens and throughout the house. Again...many thanks and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Pamela and Claudette
If you're looking for tranquility, serenity, peacefulness ...
We just got back from spending a month in what turned out to be a little paradise. if you want peace and quiet in a small fisherman's village, look no further. The house is about 50 feet from the beach, you can see the ocean while preparing your sunset rhum punch. If you're into eating fresh fish, the local fisherman is about 300 feet from the house and can supply you every day with freshly caught red snapper. We have been all over Costa Rica and have rented beach houses on a lot of different beaches and all I can tell you is that this house is different. The quietness of the surroundings makes it very special for us.
The place is managed by a French Canadian woman who really takes to heart the well-being of her customers. At one point, I called her complaining about a water faucet that was not working properly, within 5 minutes, her handyman was at the house evaluating the problem and within the hour he was back with a replacement faucet, we were really impressed. She is an extremely helpful woman and will answer any request you might have in a very quick manner.
Just before leaving, we made a reservation for another month next year.
If you are looking for action and want to go out and party every night, this place is not for you.
Many thanks for your kind words and look forward to seeing you next year. Pamela
1. This beach house is in a fantastic location. The beach begins just past the gate. Most days, I shared the entire beach with less than five other people. Seashells!!!
2. The property manager, Claudette, is very friendly and helpful. We got in very, very late and she was kind enough to wait up for us.
3. The neighbor is a swell guy and quick to share his beer. He has a great dog by the name of Donna. Donna likes to hang out on the porch and welcome the new guests. Love her!!
4. There is an outdoor shower to wash off the remnants of the beach before you head inside.
5. The house gecko, customary in Costa Rica, was quaint. The iguana on the roof was fairly shy. We did manage to get a couple of pictures.
1. This house is lacking a couple of items. There is no microwave. There is not a dining table. (There is a plastic table and chairs outside.) There is no dishwasher or garbage disposal either, though I don't think they are common in Costa Rica.
2. This house needs a serious cleaning and new coat of paint in every room. The number of cockroaches was frightening. (I am told the cockroach thing is to be expected in Costa Rica.) The showerhead needs to be replaced or cleaned. It is so clogged that there is hardly any water pressure to rinse the shampoo out of your hair thoroughly. There appears to be permanent soap scum on the shower tiles. The cleaning lady came twice during our ten day stay, and the soap scum remained.
3. The only comfortable furniture was located outside on the porch. That would be the hammocks and chaises. The sofa and chair are worn down and soiled. The beds are very hard. The bed sheets were worn and thin.
If you are young and want a place to sleep at night, without regard for comfort or modern conveniences, this place is for you. We are in our forties and prefer clean and comfortable accommodations. It really would not take much to make this place so much better.
Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm very sorry you had those inconveniences.
You are right, we are taking into consideration and we are changing most of the items you mentioned that are not working properly.
Since this house is only a few steps from the beach all the furniture suffers from the Salty Ocean breeze. The bathroom is affected as well by the sea sand, salted water from previous customers and the salted air also affect the overall.
Garbage disposals and dishwashers are not common in Costa Rica and mostly not available.
We are here to help you to spend a good time, Costa Rica is a wonderful country and sadly we do not have all the commodities from northern en countries
4 Wheeling Tours and Hang-Gliding at Esterillos Oeste, Backgammon, Boogie-Boarding or Just Grab a Book to Ride Out the Relaxing Hours Listening to the Waves, Excellent Oldies Rock Radio Station, Reliable Rental Car Connection.
Zip-line, Monkeys tour in the mangrove, rainforest, surf lessons.