|Minimum Stay||3 - 5 nights|
The Garden Apartment in its 2 bedroom format can sleep 4 people in 2 air conditioned bedrooms which share a bathroom.
- - - OUTSIDE there is a superb newly built (Sept 2008) 300 sq foot hardwood deck in Guyanese Purple Hart with a big dining table and chairs and plenty of comfortable seating all under a large mango tree which is beautifully lit for relaxed night time dining.
- - - INSIDE, there is a light and airy kitched / dining / living room with a fully equipped kitchen and comfortable sofa and chairs. It is nicely furnished throughout in a mixture of hardwoods and colourful modern fabrics.
- - - ENTERTAINMENT - The Garden Apartment is ideal for families with children. There is a large TV and DVD player, a toy box with a good selection of children's games and toys, plenty of books and DVDs plus a swing and rope ladder in the garden and bikes for ages up to 9
THE GARDEN APARTMENT is available with either 2 or 3 bedrooms and can sleep 4 or 6 guests. It has a big hardwood deck and dining table nestling under a Mango tree.
- - - - THE POOL APARTMENT has 1 bedroom and sleeps 2 adults + up to 2 children on folding beds in the living/dining room. It opens onto a tiled deck with loungers and a hardwood dining table.
- - - - BOTH are set in an acre of glorious tropical gardens full of sweet scented Fangipani, Golden Palms, Mangos and passing Green Monkeys.
- - - - MULLINS BEACH is 4 minutes stroll with lovely sand and a great beach restaurant. Gibbes beach is a hidden gem 800 yards away.
Would you like someone to do some cooking for you : Fancy about a break from shopping and cooking? If you would like someone to cook authentic meals for you we have one English and three Bajan ladies who have cooked many lovely meals for us. They can cook you a meal for an occasional night - or everyday if you prefer. - - - -
FAVOURITE DISHES with guests include: Bajan seasoned flying fish, curry or roti, grilled Marlin, Tuna, Kingfish or Mahi Mahi, cou cou, baked eggplant, butternut squash, pineapple pie. - - - CHILDREN LOVE the baked chicken, Bajan macaroni pie and rice & peas.
Eating Out : MULLINS BEACH BAR & RESTAURANT is 350 yards away. A few hundred yards further North bring you a Chinese Restaurant and 3 informal Bajan eateries. -
SPEIGHTSTOWN which remains authentically Bajan is a mile from Mullins Beach, with popular eating places such as Mangos Restaurant, The Fisherman's Pub, Casareep Cafe and Doris’ Place. - -
FURTHER NORTH - Just beyond Speightstown on the coast road there is the excellent Fish Pot restaurant, La Mer at stylish Port St Charles and local fish frys in the fishing villages of Six Mens and Half Moon Fort.
HEADING SOUTH the best ribs in Barbados are at Chris's Places - in the hills a mile away. Nearer Holetown is the Lone Star restaurant, and equally renowned Groots Bar / Restaurant, plus Spago at Settlers Beach offering waterside Italian food.
HOLETOWN has 20 restaurants for all budgets and tastes including the excellent Tides & family friendly Zacchios
Car available - Airport pick up - Friendly staff: - - - CAR Our large 4 door, 5 seater classic Toyota is also available at a reasonable rate as part of a package for guests staying with us at Mullins Bay.
- - - STAFF Our friendly staff, Anthea the housekeeper and Andrew who looks after the garden, pool and maintenance will do all they can to make your stay in Barbados enjoyable and restful. The staff and pool are shared with Mullins Bay House and our one bedroom apartment which are in the same grounds.
- - - AIRPORT PICK UP We can arrange airport pick up for you with a reliable local taxi firm who know the apartment and will make your transfer easy.
- - - FACTSHEETS: To help you make the most of Barbados we have written an in depth guide to the area, local facilities, restaurant, bars and advice on getting cheap flights to Barbados - please email us for this.
The rates above are for up to 4 people staying in the Garden Apartment and include maid service and utilities.
Liinen and bathroom towels are provided - please bring your own beach towels.
You can arrive and depart on whatever days suit you - we have no fixed changeover day.
CAR AVAILABLE - Our 5 seater Suzuki Grand Vitara or Honda Jazz/Fit are available at a reasonable rate as part of a package
The Garden Apartment is lovely, spacious and light with the most wonderful sitting area outside in a corner of the beautiful garden. Although so close to Mullins Beach it is a calm and peaceful spot so you get the best of both. You are only a short distance from good shops and some of the best restaurants in Barbados. Simon & Sarah are easy to deal with and provide copious information before you travel. The delightful Andrew and Oneta looked after us during our stay, we had everything we needed. We will definitely go back, it was perfect.
If we visit Barbados again this is where we will stay. Close to the beach and tucked away in a quiet spot the apt/house has a lovely garden and pool and made it really easy to enjoy every moment of our stay. The complex is well maintained and the staff are always happy to help. Monkeys birds and other lovely creatures abound adding to the pure joy of 'being on holiday'
The Garden Apartment was just right for us. We loved the big wooden deck with views of the pool and the beautiful gardens. Bedrooms were comfortable and the maid Oneta was very efficient. Ate plenty of fish from the local fish market. hired one of the cars to explore the South and East coasts. So different from the west coast. Loved Oistins fish fry on Friday night and Crane beach especially the Deli above the beach. All very relaxing.
Great house layout, luscious grounds, friendly staff. The Mullins Bay Garden Apartment was extremely comfortable and had all the amenities you require.
we spent ten days at mullins bay apartment last August. The place is beautiful! 2 villas with a big garden and a relaxing pool. we have initially choose the pool apartment and it was perfect. In addition the owners were so kind to upgrade us to the 2 bedrooms apartment that was bigger and comfortable. it has two rooms, one with king size bed and one with two single beds, one bathroom with a spacious shower, one livingroom with kitchen and a beautiful veranda on the garden where we used to have lovely breakfasts and dinners. the apartment provides ac, hair dryer, cooker, hoven, fridge and television. We had the pleasure to meet the owners, they are really really kind. They took care of us and were special with our 20 months old doughter. They left for her a box full of toys and children's books, they even borrow us a nice little pink chair!! they gave us a lot of right suggestion, place to visit, the best beaches, the best fisherman in town and so on. the place is 200m from mullin beach that is beatiful, transparent water and white sand ;) definitely we had a great time and we recommend this place!
Would definitely recommend to a friend. The property description was accurate. We particularly loved the outdoor space, the decking, the pool and gardens. Very short walk to fantastic Mullin's beach. We used the local buses to visit Bridgetown, Holetown and Speightstown. Found many great restaurants, Tides, The Fishpot, Juma, Bombas and Mullin's beach bar. Hope to return.
THE GARDEN APARTMENT & POOL APARTMENT at Mullins Bay House are in St Peter which is leafy and quiet with some of the best beaches in Barbados. - - - - MULLINS BEACH RESTAURANT is 350 yards away and a great place for lunch across the crystal water. Convenience shopping is 800 yards away together with 4 other local eating places. - - - SPEIGHTSTOWN, the colourful and bustling second biggest town in Barbados is just over a mile North with a wide range of shops, banks, bars and restaurants such as Mangos and the famous Fisherman's Pub. - - - - HOLETOWN is 5 miles South with about 20 restaurants and bars, Duty Free Shopping and other services. - - - BRIDGETOWN the capital is 10 miles to the South.
Other Activities: Luxury Spa just 4 mins walk.