“Villa Amara” is beautifully furnished and offers comfortable accommodations for up to six guests with its three bedrooms (two king-beds and two twins) and two baths. Two of the bedrooms have sliders to the pool area and offer a fabulous water view. The location is outstanding: The home faces west at a basin section of the South Spreader Waterway, the westernmost canal in Cape Coral, overlooking a nature preserve. Enjoy great views from the large patio with its electrically heated pool and spa and from the dock. This is the place to witness incredible sunsets and find true relaxation. Wireless internet available and for free. Also free is the use of the kayak, the bikes and the fishing equipment. The rental of our motorboat comes with an extra charge. You will find the rental amount for our boat at „Rates & Availability”.
- House1732 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 12 nights
Kayak inclusive / Motorboat comes with an extra charge
Markus and Sonja Mueller
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, german
- Calendar last updated:
- Jun 24, 2018
About Markus and Sonja Mueller
We look after you friendly and competent both before your arrival and on the spot. We would be pleased to help you with any questions. Just call us at 01149 2243-3699 or send an e-mail to Sonja@Florida-Traumvilla.de. We'll get back to you! We ourselves are always trying to stand aside with advice and action. It is a matter of course for us that you will receive detailed travel documents by e-mail before your arrival. On site, our house management will help you with questions at any time.
Markus and Sonja Mueller purchased this House in 2009
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Lovely villa with beautiful water views
Villa Amara was clean and very homey. We loved how the guest bedrooms had their own wing which separated them from the master suite. The pool and hot tub were a hit along with the beautiful canal views! Check-in and check-out were made easy by the property manager, Elke. There was everything needed to make this a comfortable place to vacation. It was close to restaurants, malls and grocery stores. The only complaint that we had was that the two couches in the living needed to be replaced. Very nice villa that we would love to visit again. We would definitely recommend this villa to family and friends.
Thank you very much for your detailed review. We love to hear that you liked the house and the wonderful view.
We are so sorry, that the couches were not comfortable for you. We will check this on our next stay at “Villa Amara” in July and will replace them.
Property owner is great, property manager was not helpful at all
I want to write as balanced and fair of a review as I can. Here's some things you really need to know about this place:
1. Read the fine print, and there sure is a whole lot of it, both before you stay and when you get there. You'll be paying for your electricity while you use the facilities, an extra $29.85 was taken from my rental. Upon re-reviewing the agreement I see that this charge is there, but it's more than unconventional, to say the least,.
2. Of more importance is the $60 "service fee" I paid but got absolutely no service. The pool heater and spa were not functioning for our stay. We called the property manager 3 times before finally getting a call back. She sternly said "you didn't read the instructions, follow the directions all of the way." and basically hung up the phone on us. The instructions are detailed, however the computer for the pool is more than a little difficult to navigate. We tried every possible entry into the keypad for 3-4 hours and never got help from the property manager. She insisted that this was our "user error". BTW I've spent 20 years writing software -- I hoped I could manage my way through a digital keypad. I'm pretty certain the heat pump for the pool and hot tub are mechanically broken and just need service, but our request to have the unit serviced fell on deaf ears. My mother (who turned 70, which was the reason for the visit) was really upset about this and the inability to get the situation resolved.
3. You'll find 8 different detailed notices about how to maintain all of the various equipment and circumstances of the house on the fridge. It doesn't stop there, you'll find notes on things like "open the blinds before opening a sliding glass door" posted everywhere. This isn't your normal "run the dishwasher and set the thermostat before you leave" stuff. There's a bunch of "self service" instructions, if the grill is out of gas there's a spare tank in the garage, take that tank to the store and have it refilled at your time and expense. We'll reimburse you later if you leave us a receipt. That's not service at all, and I resent paying a $60 fee for nothing.
4. Along those lines, be prepared for a lengthy field manual on how to have a vacation. Some of the stuff is so "euro trash" it's basically racist. As a native to the Tampa Bay area, I particularly took offense to a statement that indicates places like "Ybor city" are crime ridden and dangerous.
We won't be staying again.
Wonderful two weeks!
We truly enjoyed our two week stay at your home. The house was clean, the beds were comfortable and the view was beautiful. We especially enjoyed the pool and lanai areas. Although the Florida weather was a bit cool for March, we were still able to enjoy the outdoors. We would rent the house again, but it is already rented for Jan. through March 2019!
Had a excellent time during are stay, beautiful home and a excellent view of the sunsets, fishing not bad either. Property manager was very helpful and overall would recommend to anyone looking for a peaceful place to spend a few days.
Fantastic Villa Amara
We had a very good vacation in Villa Amara, but to short, we are coming back, and the next time we vill stay longer. The house is beautiful, and everything works. We had our grandchildren with us and they will never forget the stay
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the house and looking forward to welcoming you as our guests!
Fantastic Stay at Villa Amara!
The pictures depicted here reflect what you will find - a lovely, peaceful and private paradise! The property was clean and well-maintained (honestly, the cleaning crew does a great job and this house is one of the cleanest of the many various properties we've rented over the years); the amenities are many, and the location is simply outstanding. Beautiful sunsets over the nature preserve on the other side of the canal, with the sunlight sparkling on the water as we sipped our evening drinks - we've never felt so relaxed. We availed ourselves of the fishing equipment and the kayak, both fun; we meant to ride the bikes but we ran out of time due to some area sight-seeing and activities we'd planned. The pool and spa are truly wonderful and very refreshing. Some of our family lives in Cape Coral and we visited with them - one night they came over to fix us dinner at Villa Amara, and the kitchen was more than adequate with everything they needed and then some. Everything is labeled and organized, there are helpful instruction sheets, and there are information books and guides (on the property, on the area's history, customs and attractions and much more) that are quite useful. The attention to detail is amazing, and nothing is lacking. Excellent WiFi, a good variety of movies and books - - they've thought of everything for your convenience, comfort and enjoyment! Elke, the property manager, was absolutely fabulous - we love her! We had a question about something on the property while we were there, we called her, and she came right over - extremely responsive, and check in / check out was a breeze. We also had the pleasure of meeting Markus and Sonja and their son, who were in town visiting their other property. They were all delightful, as was our communication with them which was always prompt (not always easily done with the time difference between here and Germany but they did it, which we sincerely appreciated). So to summarize, we cannot recommend Villa Amara highly enough - if you are fortunate enough to stay here, you will definitely be pleased (and probably most reluctant to leave, as were we)! When next we are in town visiting our family - and this lovely area - we will be sure to come back to the beautiful oasis of Villa Amara...
Thank you very much for your time, writing such a detailed review!
It was so nice to meeting you and some of your family. We love to see – or to hear – that our guests had a good time at “Villa Amara” and found everything for their satisfaction.
You and your family are very welcome to stay again at our house!
Kind regards and take care
Sonja and Markus
Our house is in a quiet location, right on the canal of a nature reserve in a pure residential area in the southwest of Cape Coral. From the boat dock you can reach the Gulf of Mexico in about 45 minutes. The nearest shops and restaurants are about 1 mile away. The beautiful beaches of the islands of Sanibel and Captiva are only a half hour drive away. Fort Myers, the livelier city, with its international airport, is also called 'City of Palms' due to its approximately 24 km long palm trees. Fort Myers Beach offers the alternative to the quiet beaches of the islands. Orlando with its amusement parks is 3 hours drive, Miami 2.5 hours away. the Everglades about 30 miles.
The immediate environment offers everything for friends of water sports (boating without driver's license.), Beach, golf, tennis etc.
Nature lovers find their destination in the nearby Everglades. By car you can reach the parks of Bush and Disney and Cape Caneveral in 2-4 hours.
Also you can do: Fishing, adventure pool, bicycle rental, fitness, outdoor pool, golf, jogging, bowling, miniature golf, cycling, horse riding, swimming, squash, surfing, diving, tennis, water sports.
Additional information about rental rates
Bitte für die deutsche Version runter scrollen! The costs for the use of electricity of $ 0.15 / kWh will be deducted from the deposit or can be paid in cash during check out. There is an additional charge for the rental of the boat: The rental fee for three days is US $ 550.00 and for one week US $ 1150.00. An extra day is US $ 180.00. In addition to this you have to consider $ 150 for handing over, instruction, final cleaning and 6% sales tax. The security deposit for the boat of US $ 1000.00 is payable by credit card on check in. Der Mietpreis bezieht sich auf eine Belegung mit bis zu zwei Personen. Jede weitere Person kostet einen Aufpreis von $16 pro Nacht plus 11% Steuern. Stromkosten in Höhe von $0.15 pro kWh werden nach Verbrauch berechnet und von der Kaution abgezogen, oder können in bar bei der Abreise gezahlt werden. Weitere Infos und Fotos finden Sie auf unserer eigenen Florida-Traumvilla Homepage. Unser Boot können Sie zu günstigen Konditionen mit anmieten: Mietpreis Boot: 3 Tage $ 550,- / 1 Woche: $ 1150,- Zusatztag $ 180,- Einweisung $ 150,-, alles zuzüglich 6% Steuer INFO: http://www.florida-traumvilla.de/AM_de/