Very attractive private family-home villa with pool, within 10-15 minutes drive to five lovely beaches (with great surfing) and various golf courses.The villa is set in its own large garden, with a fantastic location on the lower slopes of the hills running up from the sea, with a marvellous view up to the wooded mountain of Sintra. The villa is large, with lovely spacious living rooms, with a lawn, a big terrace and its own sheltered swimming pool.
The house is 45 minutes drive from Lisbon and Lisbon airport and is 15 minutes from the historic town of Sintra and from various beautiful palaces. Tennis courts, mountain biking, golf courses and riding facilities are also all within 15 minutes drive. There are great restaurants nearby, especially for seafood.
The region is one of the most interesting in Portugal. The nearby town of Colares is charming and the villages of Galamares and Mucifal have handy shopping facilities. The beaches are varied and sandy.
Superb family villa, great beach access, pool: - Sandy beaches galore all along the coast nearby, with top surfing
- Many superb seafood and other restaurants nearby
- Eight excellent golf courses close by
- Tennis, riding, mountain biking
- But it is also great just to relax by the pool in the villa, with its breath-taking mountain views
- Historic Lisbon and Sintra nearby, with art galleries and palaces and festivals
- Unusually, for Portugal, there are many fabulous walks also nearby, both along the coastal clifftops and in the mountain and on the hilltop of Sintra
- An organic farm shop is 10 minutes walk away. Other shops, street markets and supermarkets are all nearby ... and tourist shopping is just a short drive away in Sintra.
- The old and nearby small town of Colares is famous for its wine, and the viticulture cellars and facilities can be visited.
- Colares also has a stunning hill-top old church. There are festivals in the summer in Sintra (arts and music), in Mucifal (local folk festival) and elsewhere
Beaches: The local region is famous for its beaches, restaurants, palaces, walking and golf. And Lisbon is only 30-40 minutes away ...
The beaches of Sintra's coastline are famous: Praia Grande (great for surfing), Praia das Maçãs, Praia da Adraga, pRAIA DA uRSA and Magoito (further south), all from 10 to 20 minutes car trip from the house. There is another really big beach called Guincho south west of the house, where the surfing world championships have been held.
Around the sandy stretch of the Praia das Maçãs there are several restaurants (Neptuno is great), cafés, bars, a disco, tennis courts, as well as shops selling local crafts, esplanades and excellent food both in the summer or in the winter. A picturesque tramline connects Praia das Maçãs, Colares and Sintra. There are also a number of excellent restaurants on Guincho beach.
About Sintra: Sintra town is a great place to visit. The old town was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1995 maintains. Scattered on the hillside there are buildings and sites of historical and architectural interest. The most unusual is possibly Palácio da Pena, a 19th Century folly built by D. Fernando II boasting different styles. Within the old town there are several museums, including the famous Museu do Brinquedo showing toys from the past and present. The most interesting old building is the well-preserved medieval Palacio Nacional do Sintra, in the old town, which is well worth a visit.
There are many handicraft and antiques shops (also in San Pedro). The modern art gallery is new and really good. It has new shows all the time. It is located in the newer part of town.
You can see Sintra by horse-drawn carriages, which will take you around the town as well as Sintra's mountains.
Overlooking the town are the ruined ramparts of the Castelo dos Mouros, and the eccentric Pena Palace.
** Full information pack provided to enquirers with details of beaches, restaurants, shops etc.