|Minimum Stay||2 - 4 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Modern Mid-Century Home (1964) features an open floor plan with modern design tile throughout, except there is carpet in the expanded Master Suite. This is an older home, but it has been stylishly refreshed in many ways, and it's constantly undergoing even more improvement - all new energy-efficient windows and sliders were installed this last Spring and we had the pool re-plastered and re-tiled in June.
* Newly refurbished 6 Foot Deep, 'Salt-Water' Pool and In-ground attached Spa are extra gentle on your hair, skin and eyes because they feature a special eco salt-water purification/softening system and therapeutic world famous DHS aquifer water.
* Fun color-changing LED Pool/Spa lights create instant ambiance when the sun goes down
* Outdoor tiled shower area
* Outdoor Living Room set-up with 2 love seats
* Newer Natural Gas (in-line) Barbecue Grill so you won't ever run out of propane at an inopportune time
* Get ready to tell your best ghost stories and jokes when gathered around the propane Fire Pit
* 7 Lounge Chairs for tanning and pool float/noodles, too
* Eat-in Kitchen has granite counters and everything you need to easily prepare and serve your meals (except for the food, condiments, oils, etc.)
* Living room features:-2 comfortable, modern-style sofa sectionals, double as add'l sleeping areas-50inch HDTV with streaming internet, DVD/BluRay, HD Whole House DVR so you'll never miss your favorite shows, premium movie channels including HBO, Encore, IFC, LOGO, Starz, Cinemax, and more-Ample room for Queen aerobed (provided for larger groups)
* Lots of dining options: Elegant inside dining for 6+ in the round, as well as counter seating for 2, eat-in kitchen for 4+, and al fresco dining for 6+ outside on the patio by the pool.
* High speed wireless internet throughout the house and backyard. There's even a wireless printer that comes in handy for maps/directions, boarding passes, and the occasional work email.
* Master bedroom features:-Comfortable Cal King bed-expanded area for dressing and home office use-50inch HDTV with premium channels, DVD/Bluray and HD-DVR features-En Suite Bathroom with newly tiled walk-in shower
* Second bedroom with nice Queen bed and 32inch HDTV
* Third bedroom has 2 comfortable TwinXL beds that can be combined into a 2nd King, 32inch HDTV and patio doors to the backyard/pool
* Washer/Dryer in garage, Monitored alarm system
* You are exposed to less chemicals in our home. Multiple green/eco upgrades throughout such as LED lighting, energy efficient appliances, salt water pool/spa, organic or natural cotton sheets, biodegradable soap/shampoo and green cleaning supplies.
* For the little ones, we have a new Graco Pack N Play and a strong, safe wooden high chair.
* Home has all the quality amenities you expect and more, including a nice massage table and yoga mats.
* This home is in the Desert Hot Springs "Spa Zone" where there are 20 Spas, you can even walk to several including Swiss Health Resort, Sea Mountain Lifestyle Resort, Nuturing Nest, and Miracle Springs Spa. World famous Spas like Two Bunch Palms are a short drive away.
* Pool Heating is an additional $60/night, $300/Week (recommended October through May). Monthly guests pay actual gas and electric utility costs during stay. Default Rates shown are for groups of 6 or less. An Additional Guest Fee of $25 per person, per night applies to the 7th and 8th guests.
$250 Departure Cleaning Fee.
Non-Airbnb Guests: $500 Refundable Security/Damage Deposit due 30 days before arrival.
We're Doug and Joe. We feel in love with the Palm Springs area over 20 years ago. Doug is a college professor, and Joe is an entrepreneur and certified green building professional.
This is an older, mid-century modern pool home that has been expanded and substantially remodeled with a design sensibility that honors both the house's roots in modernism and area's roots as a Spanish Mission. The home is located in the 'Desert Hot Springs Spa Zone' where there are 15-20 natural mineral hot springs with award winning water. The closest spas are only a few blocks away.
Our water is unique in that it comes from special natural hot and cold aquifers, separate from the rest of the Palm Springs area. It has won 'Best Tasting Municipal Drinking Water' in International competitions. The drinking water in our house and even the water in our pool and spa originate from the Desert Hot Springs Aquifer. Our home is in the 'Spa Zone'; the water 150 feet below our house is naturally heated by ancient geothermal forces below the earth’s surface to as much as 180 degrees, however, as a residential house we are not allowed to tap into the water that is already heated (it's reserved for the Spas), so our pool/spa water is efficiently heated by a natural gas heater. Hot or cold, for centuries, this water has been believed to hold curative powers. When the first scientific analysis of the hot mineral water was performed in 1937, its therapeutic value was medically affirmed. Today Desert Hot Springs features 20 Spas, and you can even walk to several for our home, including: Swiss Health Resort, Sea Mountain Lifestyle Resort, and Miracle Springs Spa. World famous Spas like Two Bunch Palms and We Care Spa are a short drive away.
Also, our home is the perfect jumping off point for a number of area attractions including the amazingly beautiful Joshua Tree National Monument, only 30 miles away.
My friends and I had a wonderful stay! Relaxing at Mission Springs was the perfect way to unwind after the busy holidays and begin the new year on the right foot. Joe was a great host, a clear and cheerful communicator who responded to my texts promptly and had seen to all the details.
The house is clean, open and airy and has very comfortable sleeping arrangements. We enjoyed the saltwater pool and spa (so much nicer than chemically treated water!) and relaxing in the sun in the outdoor areas. I would recommend heating the pool and spa for a little added luxury in the cooler months!
The house was well stocked with towels, games, reading material and media center- making it difficult to find an excuse to leave. The kitchen particularly was very well appointed- equipped with everything one could need for cooking and eating poolside. We had waffles in the sun both mornings!
The House Rules binder gave us clear instructions on how to manage everything in the house and was a great resource.
All in all, we had a great stay out in the desert thanks to Joe's attention to detail and lovely space. If you're looking for a quiet, relaxing place to stay out in the desert, this is it!
This is a nice home, with a lot of provided equipment, I like the size of leaving room, enough to have fun in house as well as outside to be around a pool.... Pool is very clean and worm, we had so much fun at the pool, and its a good size... We don't want to get out of the pool till 5 o'c am ...Had nice time in outside.... The deck is little bit slippery, so for little kids be carful. Joe is wonderful person and Corey, fast responds on any thing I ask, Thank you for that.... Wonderful people thank you sooo much, amazing friendly like I know this people for yours, they welcome us for there house and service. Very closed stores, Albertson, Kmart, Liquor store is right on the corner... So far we are satisfied, Thank you for a wonderful time Joe :) God bless you and your family... Best wishes!!!!
We were looking for a nice house with a private pool in a quiet neighbourhood away from the busyness of downtown Palm Springs, and Joe's house certainly fit the bill. The home has a great view of the mountains and the wind farm, the backyard pool area is enclosed and private. So nice just to hang out, swim, and read, with sometimes the only noise were the 2 doves and desert songbirds. House has a large open floorplan with good amenities, garage is a nice to have for your rental car. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely book again. Thanks Joe for all your help, prompt emails, and professionalism.
We very much enjoyed our stay in this home! The home is very nicely appointed with all you need to kick back and relax. We traveled with our 5 month old, and took advantage of the pack & play and highchair provided. Also, the heated pool/spa were a favorite for all! We travel to Palm Springs every year...and look forward to staying here again!
A group of teachers rented this home for a conference at the Palm Springs Convention Center. It was an easy twenty minute drive, door to door. The home had everything you might need. The beds were comfortable with nice linens. There were plenty of towels for the bath and pool. The kitchen was well stocked with pots and pans. There were spices and simple pantry staples in the house. We were able to make breakfast and dinner every night which saved a ton of money. Joe and Doug were great communicators and very understanding. The furniture was comfy and perfect after a long day of learning. The house is just outside the main part of town so we had easy access to stores and Starbucks. I would recommend this home for a group of adults or families. Thank you!
We stayed at the property for two weeks in January 2015 with three kids 7 to 10 years old. The property is roomy and modern with great attention to details and pool access from almost every room. We could relax inside while kids played in the pool as you can see the pool well from the living room. We were really impressed with attention to details - everything you may need is there including lots of towels, bathroom and kitchen supplies and even condiments and cooking oil. The property is located in a very quiet spot and feels very private. Salt water pool and spa are amazing for your skin and mood. Owner was very helpful and responded quickly to our questions. We had a great stay and highly recommend the property.
This was a wonderful getaway for my two boys (ages 7 and 11) and I for spring break. The house listing is accurate in every detail. We found it to be well stocked and well loved. The pool/spa was wonderful.
While we did venture out some to see a few things (Cabots Pueblo, Palm Springs Air Museum, Windmill Farm, and Villagefest in Palm Springs), it was nice to have a place to call home for our time away. I am finding this a much better way to spend vacations (in a house) rather than a hotel.
Joe and Doug do an amazing job of keeping everything easy and at your fingertips. The "book" lists and explains everything and the owners are accessible, kind and helpful. My boys are now set on a destination Spring Break every year...gulp...what have I started? We would visit again, and stay here in a heartbeat. Thank you for your great hospitality!!!
Downtown Palm Springs is 13 miles/20-25 minutes away. Palm Springs Airport is 12 miles/20 minutes away. 150+ Premium Designer Outlet Stores are 23 miles/25 minutes away in Cabazon. Joshua Tree National Monument is less than 30 miles away. This home is in the 'Desert Hot Springs Spa Zone' where there are 15-20 natural hot mineral spas and the closest ones are only a few blocks away. Desert Hot Springs (DHS) is a small town (1 of 9 cities that make up the Greater Palm Springs area). Don't expect the vibrant/hip Palm Springs 'scene' in DHS, but remember you are paying about 50% less cost and are only about 20 minutes away from all of that!