|Minimum Stay||2 - 5 nights|
Lovely home in South Lake Tahoe (Tahoe Paradise) available for short and long term rental. 5 minutes from Heavenly Valley, 40 minutes to Squaw Valley and Kirkwood, in a peaceful residential neighborhood. 10 minute drive to the lake and beaches and 10 minutes to the casinos.
The house borders national forest land with 400 miles of hiking, biking and snowmobile tails… You could even stop out the back door and walk all the way to Los Angles through this forest without ever seeing a city!)
This spacious, peaceful, and well appointed 5,800 sq. ft. home is spread out over 3 floors and can accommodate up to 14.
The house has 5 bedrooms - one bedroom with a great office area as well, 5 full baths, 3 living rooms, lounge room, 2 fireplaces, large kitchen with dining table, granite counters, dishwasher, expansive decks and outdoor area, formal dining room, large sauna and large steam room (both with view to the back yard), Swedish shower, Hot Tub, laundry room with washer and dryer, and 2 car heated garage--all set on a 1 acre lot with a huge lawn, view of the forest--and a great tree house to boot.
This house offers privacy, green, green vistas, tons of natural light, and the comforts of a spa in house. Floors are a mix of hardwood and carpet, and all have radiant/floor heat. The house comes with Wi-Fi and cable TV on any of the 5 40” flat screen TVs. It is a great place to vacation, to relax, and simply to be.
**While most houses in Tahoe don't have them, here the bedrooms have high quality black-out roller curtains, for those who like to sleep in!
Beds in Bedrooms are as follows:
Bedroom #1= 1 King and 1 Queen
Bedroom #2= 1 Double and 1 twin
Bedroom #3= 1 Queen with a twin bunk above
Bedroom #4= 1 Queen
Bedroom #5= 1 Queen
There is a reason they call this area "Tahoe Paradise". (This house, with its amenities and location, just may be it!)
*To see virtual tours, please look for link by scrolling down to the 'WEB LINKS' section, which is just after MANAGER INFO at the bottom.
**If you are looking for Medium or Long term rates, please inquire.
*This home has a County Vacation Rental Permit --#1972
* We generally have a 3 night minimum, but if needed will approve 2 night rentals on a case to case basis with an additional "short-stay" surcharge. Also certain Holiday weekends may have minimums.
*We love pets, but I am sorry to say that after a couple of bad experiences we can no longer accept them as guests.
*Check-in is at 4pm, and check-out is at noon--but let us know your ideal time and we'll accommodate it if we can.
-A few of the 'Dont's' and 'No's': No smoking. And no loud parties or events in this rental, as the house is in a residential neighborhood where people really value the quiet of the woods and their homes. But this rule is a win-win: Good for the peace of our neighbors and good for renters too!
The county, the sherifs department and the neighbors in Tahoe are all vigilant regarding three things:
1. PARKNG 2. NOISE 3. GARBAGE
Renters must respect the laws regarding these issues, or citations will be issued directly to them, and also (potentially) to the property owner. Please know and respect the following:
1. PARKING: No street parking is allowed during snow removal conditions or between Nov. 1 and May 1. When street parking is allowed, it is only allowed directly in front of the curb closet to the house. The house has a garage that can house 2 cars and space for 4 medium size cars in the drive way. Parking is limited to 5 cars in total.
2. DISPOSAL OF GARBAGE: All garbage must be properly disposed of in the property's locked 'bear boxs' and no food or food items are to be left in the yard, on decks, or in vehicles. It's really dangerous for the people and bad for the bears!
3. NOISE: Renters must keep noise to a level that does not intrude on the peace of neighbors. Or as the county likes to say,renters 'must not create unreasonable noise or disturbances, engage in disorderly conduct, or violate provisions of, the El Dorado County Code or any State law pertaining to noise or disorderly conduct.' (Please help all enjoy this special place!)
--Cost to repair any damage to the house (repairs or cleaning) caused by any pets (or people) brought to or staying in the house are (of course) the responsibility of the renter.
--A signed rental contract is required for all rentals, as is a security deposit.
This house was purchased after looking at many (many!) others. Our family (5 kids included!) lived here for years. It was our dream house, and we have always treated it that way. We love having the full expanse of woods behind the house, having a great tree house that the kids (and even the adults!) often enjoy, the huge yard with the privacy the fencing gives. A large sauna and stream room to use after skiing. And most of all--being so close to all the outdoor activities we so enjoy here. We no longer live here full time, but still enjoy the house when we can. We hope those who stay here will enjoy and value it as we do!
Perfectly located in a peaceful area of Tahoe, but also just minutes from Heavenly Valley, the lake, and also the Casinos. This unique property also Boarders National Forest land with 400 miles of trails. With a wonderful home spa (including steam room, Sauna and Hot Tub) and amazing views of the forest, you just may find you don't want to leave the house at all!
As the title reflects we stayed 5 days over the New Year holidays. Very busy time in Tahoe, took a while to get into town because of the backup on the highway.
But it was worth the wait once we arrived at the house. We have lived in Japan for a few years so were used to removing our shoes when we enter a home. What surprised us was the floor was heated, quite a treat I must say.
Other features of the house we really enjoyed were the two fireplaces on the first floor, plenty of seating and TV'S.
The kitchen became a gathering place for all, games were played at the large table, and the cooking was not a chore but a pleasure because of space available.
We had nine adults in our group, if you consider adult grand children adults. All had bedrooms that were spacious and comfortable.
We didn't get a chance to use the Sauna or Steamroom, seems like there was never enough time to get everything in a days time.
We left early at 7am due to the snow coming in, and yes it did! If you chose a winter stay pay close attention to the weather man, we drove through 5 inches of snow and we were lucky heading back to Oakland. I believe the highway became Impassable later in the week. Highly recommend four wheel drive vehicles if your staying in the winter.
Overall the house provided us with a comfortable New Years vacation, Ceasar checked in on use to make sure all was ok, minor issues that were taken care of. A very nice home that we enjoyed during our stay.
House was very spacious and clean, with everything you need. Sauna and steam room were a huge plus, in addition to the spa-style bathroom. Hot tub is a few steps off the lot in the backyard, but very nice. Kate was very nice to work with. Our family loved it and expect to be back again next year!
5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms vacation with great amenities! We have 8 adults and 5 childrens (youngest is 7 months and oldest is 4 years old).
Areas we like:
1. Huge places, enough beds to sleep 14 people. Most of the rooms attached with a bathroom.
2. Hot tub is clean and easy to access, will be nice to have some hook or shelf to put stuffs aside.
3. Sauna and steam rooms are much larger than expected, easily fit more than 4 people.
4. Lots of china and utensils and pots for cooking
5. There's lots of toys - the kids found them all by themselves and really enjoy them.
6. Lots of books - even children's one.
7. Towels are clean - regular and spa towels are included.
8. few minutes drive to Grocery stores - closet one is Raily's.
9. 30 -45 minutes drives to beach, hiking point, etc.
10. There's a little loft room in one of the bedrooms, which the kids like them a lot - they have their own little hiding places to play
Areas we would like to have:
1. Include a full set of toiletries - even travel size will be nice. (One huge shampoo and one travel size mouth wash provided only)
2. Laundry detergent - it will be nice knowing we can do laundry without buying a huge bottle of detergent ourselves, which possibility only use a little of it.
3. Extra blankets, pillows - Most of your beds are high... For kids who turn a lot while sleeping, we turn out put blankets on the floor and let the kids sleep on the floor. (Extra blankets are available contacting the manager, and his response is nice and turnaround time is decent. However, it will be nicer and more thoughtful if it's already available)
Note: there's no baby/toddlers gears available in the house - we need to bring our own booster, highchair, pack 'N Play play yard for our younger children.
All in all, we love the places. The check-in and check out process are easy. The deposit refund is quick. We definitely recommend and will come back!
Kate was great to work with and absolutely was on the ball. She has been a pleasure to work with. The home was accurately described and absolutely stunning. I'd highly recommend it's use!
My dear friend wanted to find the perfect house to rent to celebrate her 40th birthday with a large group of friends, and this was it! We arrived on a Friday and filled the house to capacity for the weekend! The house is beautiful and the pictures do not exaggerate. This is a destination escape -- once you arrive you won't to leave even though sightseeing opportunities abound in the area.
The kitchen is equipped with EVERYTHING. Great quality cookware, plenty of wine glasses and glassware (enough for the 14 people the house accommodates and more), every gadget you can think of (blenders, serving dishes, bowls of every size, baking dishes, slow cookers, wine openers, lemon and lime juicers, storage containers...too much to mention!). You will love sitting around the big kitchen table enjoying coffee, playing games, or just talking. We made three breakfasts, three lunches, two dinners and snacks and wanted for nothing. There are some staples in the cupboard but I recommend bringing your own coffee, spices, oils and salt. There were two coffee pots and filters.
The bedrooms are comfortable and there were plenty of linens and blankets. When Cesar comes to check on the house in the morning he will happily get your more of whatever you need. If you know you need something in advance, just ask. He is helpful but not intrusive and very kind and friendly.
As one other reviewer mentioned -- there are no window coverings in all but one bedroom. I personally love a pitch dark bedroom to sleep but I had no trouble here. The night sky is clear and plenty dark and the view you wake up to in the morning more than makes up for the lack of curtains! You feel like you're in paradise.
On our first night we had a small mishap with the hot tub and tripped the breaker to the entire downstairs. We called Kate and Cesar showed up in less than 30 minutes and we were back in business. We were treated with great concern and courtesy and not meant to feel that we inconvenienced anyone. The customer service from the time we inquired about the home until the moment we left was impeccable. Kate was just a delight. Could not have asked for a better transaction.
This yard and outdoor areas are perfect. If you have children in your group, this house will provided plenty of space for them to escape both indoors and out.
The rules of the house are clearly spelled out, there are no "gotchas." Wifi worked great!
Thank you for the perfect getaway!
Our family had a really great time at the lake during our stay. We made a right decision to rent this beautiful house, perfect location & lots of space, Especially if you will be traveling with kids... tree house is truly amazing and lots of children toys !
Great area for all outdoor activities! Beaches, ski resorts, hiking, biking, and more.
|Property Damage Protection||$99|
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000|
|Cleaning (end of stay)||$400 + Tax|
Signed rental contract and security deposit required.
Please note: light housekeeping (1 hour per day in the mooring) is included in the rental. Rates listed are for groups of up to 14.
2 Night rentals are approved on a case to case basis and include a "Short-Stay" surcharge.
The county, the sherifs department, and the neighbors in Tahoe are all vigilant regarding obeying laws on
1. PARKNG 2. NOISE and 3. GARBAGE. See info.