About the property
- House1840 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 nights
3 Spacious Bedrooms, 2.5 Bath With Water And Mountain Views In Tahoe Keys
Welcome to our wonderful Tahoe home!
Relax by the fire and take in the fabulous views of Mount Tallac or sit on our deck and enjoy watching the boats sail out to the Lake and the ducks playfully enjoying their surroundings.
This family home has all the comforts and amenities for 6 - 8 people to enjoy!
Our home comfortably sleeps 8 people as follows:
* Master bedroom with King Size bed with adjoining deck overlooking the waterway and facing the magnificent Mount Tallac, ensuite bathroom
* Guest Bedroom with Queen Size bed and Pull out Queen Size Futon with adjoining deck facing East
* Guest Bedroom with Queen size bedroom and large closet
2.5 baths- 2 on the upper floor, half bath on main floor
In any season, the views of the waterway can be enjoyed from the lounge, dining room, kitchen , decks and master bedroom.
Grill out and dine on the deck in Spring and Summer with the convenience of our gas grill. In Fall and Winter, cosy up by the log fire and take in the breathtaking views of Autumnal trees or snow topped peaks.
There is something for everyone on your doorstep: Boating, Fishing, Water ski-ing, Cycling, Windsurfing, Horseriding , Hiking and Golfing.
Then when the snow arrives - there is ski-ing, snowboarding, cross country ski-ing. If you fancy trying your luck, you could pop to the local Stateline casinos.
Short enjoyable drives to Vikingsholm Castle, the beautiful Emerald Bay, Pope Beach, Camp Richardson, Cave Rock and Zephyr Cove.
For the shoppers, there's Carson City and Reno.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 24, 2018
About Claire Walker
We have and still enjoy our family vacation home over many years - it has provided happy memories for us all in the Four seasons - hiking in Spring, Boating in Summer, Enjoying the autumn leaves in the Fall and Skiing in Winter. We love this home and want to share our home with you to create your own happy family memories.
Why Claire Walker chose South Lake Tahoe
This is a well loved home with outstanding views of the mountains and waterways. We will be responsive to your needs and make it as comfortable and happy stay as possible.
What makes this House unique
The wonderful views from each room and decks,the tranquil, peaceful environment, the wide array of year round activities make us want to come back as much as possible.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
My family and another family stayed at this property for a recent ski vacation. We all loved it. The house isn’t super updated, but it has everything you will need for your stay, plus a gorgeous view. Their attention to detail is nice: a well-stocked kitchen, books, plenty of blankets and some toiletries are all at your disposal. The rooms are good sized, and the one bedroom with a futon in it was perfect for us traveling with our 5 year-old. This property is ideal for summer or winter. Last, but not least, the property manager was extremely friendly and responsive. She checked in often to make sure we had everything we needed. We will definitely stay here again!
Loved everything about this place.
Loved everything about this place.
Great place for vacation
We have stayed in this house for 2 nights from Jan 2nd to 4th this year. We found this house has great location in the area - very convenience to everywhere. The house itself is very cozy with living, dinning room and kitchen down stairs and 3 bedrooms upstairs. Two full bathrooms are in 2nd floor and half BR at 1st floor. All rooms are furnished and clean and fully equipped for the kitchen. Surely we will rent it back for our next vacation, and highly recommend it to everyone who plans a family vacation in Tahoe.
Beautiful and cozy. Has everything you need for the family. We stayed during the winter.
We love to come back during the summer to use the lake in the back of the house.
Gorgeous view to wake up to!!!
This place and the view was absolutely gorgeous. Great location with lake and mountains at your fingertips as well as shopping. Restaurants everywhere. Couldn’t ask for more. Very roomy.
This is the 2nd time I've rented here and unfortunately I have to say that the place is in serious need of repairs and upgrades at this point. We absolutely love the location but that's about all I can say. There was a board on the porch that was literally sticking up that we had to nail down ourselves so that no one tripped. Ripped screens, broken shower knob, broken towel rack, stove burners not working. It's says there is AC here but if there is we couldn't find it. The sun beats right on to the porch and the umbrella is old so you can't tilt it to block the sun. The back yard has weeds and plenty of spider webs. I cleaned them off myself with the broom. It says there are cushions for the patio furniture but we couldn't find those either. To top this all off there was a dirty pair of women's underwear left in one of the bedrooms. Due to all of this I have to give this a poor rating. I wouldn't stay here again....sorry!
Hi Alison - so sorry you experienced this, we have taken this feedback to our team and have now scheduled some repairs and upgrades. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Thanks Deborah
Update 9/2/2017 by owner:
Alison, I am sorry that you had a bad experience. We have been addressing the comments you made, and are confused by several of them:
1. Stove: We had the stove examined, the report came back that all the burners work fine and no repairs necessary. Not sure what the issue was in this regard.
2. Loose board: Assume by porch you mean the back deck, which is admittedly old. We had it looked at and did find a couple of squeaky boards, but nothing was raised up or in any was making a tripping hazard.
3. AC: This house has never had AC and as far as I know we have never claimed that it did - you stayed here last year so am surprised by his comment. Is it possible you have us confused with another unit?
4. Shower Knob: Housekeeping reports the shower knobs all work correctly. Not sure what the problem was here as they don't seem to need any repair.
5. Chair cushions: Are in the upstairs hall closet like they have always been. Not missing.
6. Screens -- The screen around the handles on two the screen doors had pulled away a bit from the handles -- probably someone used excessive force to open the door and the screen pulled away previous renters may have done this when opening the slider-- we are having them repaired - thank you for pointing that out and sorry for any trouble it caused.
7. Outdoor umbrella: Did not realize it will not "bend" but it does open and provide shade. we will look into purchasing a new one.
8. Housekeeping was horrified about the report of dirty underwear, we are at a loss as to how that could happen since after a clean by the cleaning team it is inspected by a supervisor -- housekeeping will redouble their efforts as we don't ever want that to happen again.
Per the results above several of your comments seem a bit unfair and somewhat disingenuous.
Full disclosure: Your stay this last time resulted in the South Tahoe Police having to respond to the property due to excessive noise -- The first and only time this has ever happened while renting this unit for over the past 40 years. Given the noise complaint and your unhappiness with the unit, we think you should stay elsewhere in the future.
Tahoe Keys is a wonderful marina community within 750 acres of beautiful landscape and waterways. Easy lake access from the dock from the back deck.