Evolve Vacation Rental
- english, french, german, spanish
Visiting our son in the AF
We had a wonderful time visiting our son who is in the AF in Eielson! The home was cozy and perfect everything we needed. It was also in a perfect location between Fairbanks and Eielson AFB. It was nice to have all the comforts of home with full kitchen and washer and dryer etc...we definitely would recommend for others to stay...thank you!!
Stunning little gem in The North Pole!
My daughter and I stayed for a week December 23rd-29th. This cute little camp felt so much like home! We were super comfy throughout our stay. Our adventures In Alaska were great, but it was amazing to come home to heated floors and thick comfy blankets! I had no problems in the apt while staying, and it was super tidy when we arrived. On the last night of our stay, The Northern Lights showed up, right above our cabin!!!!! It was like they were saying goodbye and thanks for coming! I will definitely be back for another stay and would highly reccomend it to any family looking to adventure. You are 15 minutes away from everything! Prime location, great place.... can’t say it enough!!!!!!
This rental had EVERYTHING we needed! Definitely a charming place with comfortable furniture and beds! Loved our time there!!!
Cozy and Comfortable
The house was cozy and comfortable. It was like being at home. Two bedrooms. A bath and a half. Washer and dryer. The owner was easy to contact and responded immediately. I only wish we could have stayed longer.
Clean, renovated, well-used space for family of 4
My family of 4 acquired this rental for 4 nights, & were very pleased with our experience. We were attending a soccer tournament in FBX, & were happy with the amenities offered by the rental vs. those offered by local FBX hotels.
- The 2 bedrooms with king & queen-sized beds allowed for separation of kids and adults, & provided plenty of comfortable sleeping room.
- 10-15 min. drive from the rental in North Pole to the soccer field complex in SW FBX was easily accessible via the Richardson Hwy.
- The kitchen is small and simple, but adequate for our needs, & allowed us to cook meals rather eating at restaurants every night. (Propane grill was also available)
- We didnt utilize the available washer/dryer unit, but was nice to have as an option.
- The rental unit is not tremendously spacious, but likely larger than most hotel rooms in FBX, & the available space is used very well.
- Some of the windows and doors do not seal well, so outside noise is fairly audible, & though it wasnt a big problem for us given the weather conditions, the unit may not hold heat well in colder weather.
- WiFi is a nice amenity, but the TV/Roku setup is only useful if you have your own personal account & login info, as there was none provided by the owner.
- The 11 and 8-year-old girls enjoyed the board games/toys available in the unit, as well as the candy bowl provided. They also complained about the slight odor in the unit & the smell of the tap water (which I assume is well-water, & no fault of the owner). **The kitchen sink is equipped with a water purification system, so the drinking water has neither taste nor odor.
- The per-night price listed was very reasonable -- comparable, if not cheaper, to the rates of FBX hotels -- but before you book, be aware that there is an additional VRBO fee AND maintenance fee, BOTH of which increase with each night. I understand that VRBO needs a portion of the rental cost to cover their operating costs, but I dont love that the fee increases with the number of nights. Further, the increase of the maintenance fee with each rented night makes no sense to me whatsoever, as the unit is not serviced on a daily basis like a hotel room. The maintenance fee, which I assume is determined by the owner, should in my opinion be a flat fee, since maintenance/cleaning is done once AFTER check-out. *After* agreeing to rent, the owner notifies the renter of mandatory cleaning/maintenance chores required before final check-out.
Hi Joni, Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed feedback! The homeowner appreciates you bringing these issues to their attention, and they have repaired or replaced the items you mention in your review. We would like to clarify that the cleaning fee is a flat fee that is only charged once per reservation, not per night, and is disclosed with the other rates and fees before travelers confirm their reservation. The service fee charged by VRBO is completely separate from the total charged by the homeowner, but this is also a flat fee that is shown at the time of booking. If there are any discrepancies with your payment, please don't hesitate to reach out to Evolve or VRBO - our Customer Experience teams are available 7 days a week, and we'd be more than happy to go over your reservation with you. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to traveling with you again soon! Best, the Evolve Team
Comfortable in a rural setting
The home was tastefully appointed. No problem locating the property using GPS. The only issue we encountered was trying to figure out how to receive network channels on the TV. Need to provide instructions on how the system works. Never did get the TV to work.