We are not a huge company that will treat you like a number. We are a small, family-run business and we take pride in our guest's comfort and satisfaction. Our listings are up-front and honest, and we have no hidden fees whatsoever (this is rare in our industry). We have an abnormally-high amount of return guests, which is a testament to how well we take care of our homes and our customers. If anything about your stay isn't exactly as you want it, we're available 24 hours a day and we live nearby. We provide one travel crib (pack n' play), one baby high-chair, and one self-inflating twin bed kit, free of charge. Additional cribs, high-chairs, or beds can be provided, but each additional item will cost $25 per stay. A baby stroller can be provided free of charge. Please request these additional items ahead of time in order to guarantee their availability, as any last-minute requests are not guaranteed.
Check-in: 5:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
$99 pet fee (per pet)
Minimum age of primary renter:21
Max guests:9 (sleeps up to 9 adults)
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Clean and nice perks
Clean, comfortable and easy to get around. On-site coffee shop and corner store were a nice bonus. The condo itself was very clean, only had an issue with a neighbor with a dog peeing in the hallway, but no fault to this condo owner.
The flat was quite well done up but to reach there is a pain, there are no elevators and it can be quite daunting to climb up those stairs after a long journey. The location is also quite lonely.
Easy to use rental property
And property managers were so easy to work with. Make sure you follow the checkout process properly though :-)
Overall, this rental was alright...there were just some huge factors that really drug down the trip.
1) The apartment complex is quite ran down (I didn't have extremely hi expectations prior from other reviews).
2) You have to walk QUITE a ways with your luggage/kids etc from the parking garage
3) Check in is awkward at best. You have to meet the property manager at a coffee shop. He then walks you to the apartment, through the creepy parking garage, down the long hallways. Check out is even worse. You have key fobs to access doors. So you have to somehow leave the fob inside (even though it is required to get out of every fence) and return the key under the door. Had we not had extra people to hold the gate, I don't know how we would have gotten OUT of the property.
4) ONE indoor parking spot was all that was available-didn't realize that ahead of time. The off street isn't horrible, but the entire neighborhood made me nervous.
5) It was HOT there (100+) and there was no covering/curtain for the GIANT sliding glass door that baked the room.
6) The thermostat is set to a schedule when you are not there. It was scheduled to get up to 78 degrees on a 100 degree day. The AC unit CANNOT keep up as is, so that is unreasonable. When I contacted them (Alex, who was generally quite helpful and quick to respond) he absolutely lost any respect I had for him when he explained to me, as I'm a dumb female and all, how a thermostat works. He was quite degrading to say the least. (You were not able to change the schedule as a renter, and their off site HVAC person had to go in and change the programming essentially). If he only realized the level of mechanical and electrical knowledge in that room that day, he would have been put to shame. He did make it right, but it absolutely made my blood boil!
7)It was dirty. I have been to many rentals and they are usually exceptionally clean. There were crumbs, chapstick, little toys, cheerios, etc under the furniture that were not ours- gross.
8) Bed linens were pretty ran down and stained.
9) Lack of cleaning supplies in general. No garbage bags...things like that.
I usually try to look at rentals positively and this is the 1st I've ever been unhappy with. We DID enjoy the pool immensely. It was nice! There was a fair amount of extra bedding and multiple air mattresses. Unfortunately, it was my in-laws first experience of VRBO and they were utterly disappointed :( You guys could improve this property greatly!
You know those people that are never happy, no matter how hard you try and how far you bend over backwards for them? Christine is one of them. I wish I could give out her last name so that other hosts don't have to put up with what I put up with. She will make any host's life a living hell before, during, and after her stay. Total mess of a person.
We had a great experience and stay. and the listing online is accurate.
Yes, it looks like the pictures and they are honest about the train activity which is constant, but it is time for the owners to take a walk through their property with the "eye" of a renter. The master bedroom bed needs to be replaced, as one cannot even move their arm without loud creaking. Where there appear to be vertical blinds on the patio doors, there are only 5 random slats when pulled closed; no privacy from the unit across the way. The toaster oven just needs to go. The overall cleaning could have been better with crumbs on the kitchen counter and couch, light bulbs needing to be replaced and the vacuum cleaner canister was full. I felt the bathrooms were clean though; thank you. And the dishwasher, refrigerator and kitchen supplies were in good condition. I appreciated not having to buy any paper products or cleaning supplies as there was more than enough for our stay including garbage bags. I also want to add that the layout of the unit is great for a crowd; two bedrooms and a shared bath at one end, the Master on the other side of the living room.
Location: We knew we were staying on the "edge" of town where the neighborhood starts to shift, but we did not think this was a problem. We were never disturbed by other residents. Getting to the unit is a bit of a walk though, and you will have to meet guests in order to take them through the maze of the complex to get to this unit. This is not a "drop you at the door" type entry by any fashion. But a representative meet us at the coffee shop and made sure we understood how to get around; a necessity.
I would encourage the owners to replace/update and keep this unit as a rental, as many, including our family needed a 3 bedroom unit at an affordable price.
Right across the bridge from the Salt Palace Convention Center. Secure gated community with 24-hour security guards. Train noise from light and heavy trains in the area.