** NOTE: The homeowner lives in the completely separate upstairs unit of the home **
Experience the Emerald City from this chic 1-bed, 1-bath vacation rental unit for 4 in the Old Ballard District. Full of light and original charm, this storybook home offers a lovely interior, along with an outdoor walkout patio! Explore the urban neighborhood’s Ballard Locks, Golden Gardens beach and park, and lively music venues before making the short 6-mile drive into the seaport city of Seattle!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom: Queen Bed | Living Room: Sleeper Sofa
At the end of each adventurous day in the city, there’s no other place you’d want to spend your downtime than this unit nestled in the downstairs unit of this charming home! Grab your favorite beverage and head straight for the furnished walkout patio to reflect on the day in the fresh air.
Rainy days are best spent inside this newly renovated, historic downstairs unit where vibrant colors and comfortable furnishings invite you to lounge around. Kick back on the couch in the living area next to the bright orange decorative fireplace and watch movies on the flat-screen TV with local channels and streaming capabilities.
Beautiful flooring leads you seamlessly from one room to the next in this open-concept floor plan, so you’ll have no trouble socializing with your travel companions. Late-night snacks are best prepared in the well-equipped kitchen featuring a 2-burner stove, convection oven and microwave. Enjoy your treats at the eat-in bar for 2 before calling it a night.
Rinse off in the pristine, white bathroom with walk-in shower and then head to bed in the bedroom’s plush queen bed or atop the living room’s sleeper sofa. If you're interested in traveling with a larger group, check the availability of the neighbors' rental (Evolve listing 428629), a 2-bedroom home with room for 4 additional guests.
-- THE LOCATION --
Nestled right near the heart of the Scandinavian, maritime town of Old Ballard, this home places you minutes from several urban attractions!
Pack a picnic and walk to the picturesque Golden Gardens park and beach along the Puget Sound, where you’ll also come across the Ballard Locks.
Watch boats come and go in the popular Ballard Locks, featuring more boat traffic than any other lock in the country, so you’re sure to see plenty of unique boats!
From the home, you’ll also be within walking distance of many excellent bars and restaurants, bakeries, a year-round Sunday farmers market, grocery and specialty food shops, a public library, small live music venues, book shops, and an outdoor skateboarding park!
Bikers, rejoice! This area is extremely bike-able, so either bring your own or utilize the floating bike share to explore the city via one of many nearby trails, including the Burke Gilman Trail, minutes from the home. You'll be able to ride neighborhood greenways straight to an area hosting 17+ craft breweries!
When you’re ready to hit the big seaport city, take a bus or drive just 6.5 miles to all of the famous attractions! Visit the Space Needle, Chihuly Garden and Glass, the Seattle Center, the Olympic Sculpture Park, and the countless museums that dot the eclectic city
Please note that this home is located near train tracks, so periodically trains do audibly pass by. Please keep this in mind if you are sensitive to noise.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen with 2-burner stove, convection oven/microwave, initial coffee provided (home roasted by the owners!), TV with local channels and streaming capabilities, free WiFi, furnished walkout patio, driveway parking for 1 vehicle, and much more
- If you're interested in traveling with a larger group, check the availability of the neighbors' rental (Evolve listing 428629), a 2-bedroom home with room for 4 additional guests
- Superb Seattle location in the Old Ballard Neighborhood - Walk to the Ballard Locks, Golden Gardens park and beach, bars, restaurants, music venues, book shops, an outdoor skateboarding park, grocery stores, a surf shop, kayak rental shop, the brand new Nordic Heritage Museum and more! Just 6.5 miles from Seattle!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Seattle-Tacoma International Airport ( ~ 15.4 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- NOTE: The homeowner lives in the completely separate upstairs unit of the home and may be present during your stay
- Also note that this property is located along the train tracks. While the trains do not blow their horns and noise is not usually a problem, there will be a sound machine and earplugs provided at the home just in case
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in