3 bedroom, 2 bath - Ocean View - Sleeps 8. More condos here for larger group.
About Jennings Family
The Jennings Family inherited this property from our patriarch, Dr. W. Stanley Jennings. He and his parents purchased it as an investment in the 1960s. They always kept one unit available for the family to be able to enjoy coming to the beach. He passed away in 2014 and we have renovated it - one unit at a time - to offer vacationers a piece of the fun we all had enjoying this beach cottage and its uniquely close location to the beach. We still come to the beach, but hardly ever stay overnight. We have a large extended family and keep one parking space there for any of the 26+ family members to park and go to the beach from time to time.
Jennings Family purchased this Condo in 1960
Why Jennings Family chose Northeast Virginia Beach
This beach cottage is having its best days ever! One by one, the three condos in this family treasure have been renovated to provide vacationers with a clean and comfortable alternative to the hotel experience. We want you to have a "home" experience. Cook if you want to, do your laundry, have a fully equipped kitchen, a deck to relax on in the sun (or shade), and wash yourself off at the outside shower on the side of the house after a day at the beach. These are just a few of the reasons you will enjoy staying here.
What makes this Condo unique
Imagine staying in the top floor of this cottage. You can walk to the beach with no problem - it's less than a football field away! You can sit on the upstairs deck and see the ocean and feel the ocean breeze. It's a home - fully equipped kitchen, new appliances include a washer/dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, and electric stove/oven. You'll love this condo and its location!
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
We enjoyed our stay, our son was married on Saturday. Great folks to work with. Limited parking and business neighborhood noises were less than perfect. Very helpful with any questions we had. Recommend this location !
Best Stay Ever!
The location is perfect and tucked away but yet in the middle of everything! Walking distance to everything. But even better was the hospitality of the owners. The Jennings family is so understanding and accommodating to our every need. The home was so nice and everything we needed. I would come back every year and recommend it to everyone I know. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
Great Location, Great Place, Super Owners
If you've ever seen the Disney movie "Up", then you'll begin to get a feeling for this great little house in downtown Virginia Beach. It was built long before any of the other jumbo sized hotels, and sits in a kind of weird alley you can easily miss as you drive by. Anyway, here are the Cons first, then the Pros:
1. It is right downtown, tucked 1/2 block from the boardwalk, so it's noisy! We had construction bright and early in the morning, partying until late at night, with jets passing over us at least 5 or so times per day. Loud!
2. If you go when the weather and water are cold, most everything will be closed and boring. Food at restaurants in the off season is fair to terrible, with prices still very expensive. (You'd think they would want your off season business!)
3. The house itself is a very old house, so it has some odd things about the floor plan, including a weird center island in the kitchen, a weird no-man's land between the bedrooms, and small bedrooms and bathrooms with very little: counter space, places to put things down, places to hang up wet suits, or hang up coats.
4. The beds are small. The bed in the master bedroom is as big as the room can handle, and is still too small for my taste - I'm used to a King Size bed.As for the walls, they're paper thin, so there's not a lot of privacy there...
1. It is RIGHT DOWNTOWN!!! Exciting!! LOCATION X 3. Literally a 2-minute walk to the boardwalk. If you want hit at least 3 restaurants, a Walgreen's, a t-shirt/trinket shop/curio/souvenir shop, you're within 5 minutes walking distance. You could literally show up without a car and be fine for a week.
2. The house is very charming and relaxing. If you hate hotel rooms where you watch TV, eat, dress, and mingle all on your bed, then this is the place for you. You have much more room to stretch out if you want. Open up your door and let some sunshine and wind in. Prepare a meal, or gather around the center island of the kitchen and just chat. ALSO: Great deck for sunning and your own parking spots!
3. Each of the bedrooms has its own modern cooling/heating system. Nice big TV and couches in family room.
4. It was very clean. Everything had been thoughtfully, carefully cleaned before we got there
5. NICEST people to rent from!!The Jennings Family are very attentive, and they have great ideas for where to go and what to do. Joe's very nice and helpful!
I would rent this again from the Jennings, but Virginia Beach sucks off season.
Love, love, love the honesty of this review. We are so glad you spent your family vacation with us! We are getting more hooks for the walls so there'll be more ways to hang stuff up and out of the way. The bedrooms are small in this classic beach cottage built in the early 1900s. And noise does travel more on the inside than more modern homes. Hopefully, we have made up for those with our location, decor, coziness, and cleanliness. We can't do anything about the outside noise - especially the military jets from the nearby naval base - they are a year-round presence. Locals get used to it and vacationers get to see (and HEAR) our fine U.S. Navy jets at work.
All we can say is WOW
The host and the house are amazing. so close to the beach and all the happenings.
We will be back next year!!
We love it when we can provide a good fit for families or friends coming in town for the Neptune Festival. It was so cool that you were a vendor there and so close to your spot staying in our beach cottage. Thanks again for the pizza!
Great space and location!
We stayed in 2 of the condos at this location (A & C). The Jennings family was very easy to work with and responsive to our questions. The condos were just the right amount of space for all of us and had everything we needed. The location is a short walk to the boardwalk and plenty of restaurants if you choose to eat out. We would definitely stay here again!
We are so glad you came and used 2 of 3 units in our beach cottage. You are one of a handful of guests who did that and we have had good feedback from all who have. Thank you!!
First off the location of this Condo was perfect. It was close to everything. I believe I moved the car twice the whole time we were there. I want to say thank you to the Jennings family for opening their home to us. This place had everything we needed to accommodate me and my family. The three bedrooms where nice as well as the two bathrooms. We never felt on top of each other and that was perfect. The Island in the kitchen was the perfect setting as we had breakfast and dinner and it was enough room for everyone. We could hear the bands playing and we had view of the ocean. I will definitely be back to stay in this magical place.
Thank you for mentioning how infrequently you had to use your car while you were staying at our place. That's definitely one of the things we like most about the location - so much within walking distance and if it's a little farther than you want to walk, hopping on a trolley or bus is so convenient and they run frequently. Don't get me started on how perfect it is if you bring your own bikes!
This beach cottage is ridiculously close to the boardwalk and the beach. The only way you could stay any closer would be in an oceanfront hotel. The Virginia Beach Oceanfront is packed with activities - a wide cement boardwalk for pedestrians and a bike path running parallel to the boardwalk for 40 blocks.
The Old Coast Guard Museum and the 24th Street Stage are tourist favorites that you walk past on your short walk to the sand and waves.
The 24th Street stage is a short walk. There are two other open-air concert stages - one on 5th Street and one on 31st Street. The city hosts free concerts and other entertainment frequently throughout the summer.
Flipper McCoys arcade is another favorite within two blocks walking distance. It has a wide variety of games that give tickets for prizes.
Virginia Beach Convention Center is 10 blocks away. It hosts many different venues. It's a short bike ride or a one mile walk from our cottage.
The Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center, MotorWorld, and Ocean Breeze Waterpark are all close together only 2.5 miles away. You can take one of the city buses to get there or use your vehicle.