|Space||538 sq. ft.|
|Property type||chateau / country house|
|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
COLLE 2: with 4 sleeps (2 in double bed+2 in bed sofa), 50 sqm, composed of:
- Ground floor: entrance, sitting room with 5 seats dining table, sleeper sofa, kitchen corner with 2 burner gas hob, sink, fridge, cupboard;
- First floor: a large attic room with 2 twin beds (or double bed ) and a sleeper sofa behind a wooden wall library, bathroom with washbasin, shower, wc, bidet .
Outside the entrance door a terrace with table and seats, suitable for eating in open air.
On the lawn, next to the swimming pool, a sun umbrella and beach chairs can be provided on request.
“COLLE” is an ancient country house (XV cent.) freshly renovated, located on the beautiful hills behind Fiesole, 18 Km from Florence, immersed into centenary woods, vineyards and olive groves (Chianti Rufina area).
The house is located within 2,5 km distance from village of Santa Brigida where shops and services are available (chemist shop,bank,post office,news paper,food store, restaurant,church,etc..
The fully fenced resort has a nice heated private pool (at exclusive use of the units guests and the owners) dipped in a gently sloping lawn surrounded by cypress and pine trees and by a woodland of oaks and chestnuts.
The house is made of 2 units independent from each other:
- COLLE 1: with a large sitting room, kitchen-diner, 3 double rooms (6+3 additional = 9 sleeps), 2 bathrooms, for a total of 120 sqm;
- COLLE 2: with sitting room, kitchen corner, 1 large double bedroom + 1 single bed at the first floor and 1 sofa bed at the ground floor (2+2= 4 sleeps), 1 bathroom for a total of 50 sqm.
The house restructuring was carried out with the most traditional Tuscan finishing materials: terracotta tiles for roof and floors, stone façade.
To reach COLLE insert in GPS this coordinate : 43.838288,11.405182
Additional services are not given. Closed during winter months.
RATES DO NOT INCLUDE : food,beverage, housekeeping and additional services, house and pool heating, final cleaning (50 €), bed and bath linen if not required (10 € / person).
RATES INCLUDE : complete inside furnitures, kitchen equipment, hot water, electricity, gas for cooking,hair dryer,satellite TV,INTERNET, WIFI, parking.
Nice apartment in a wonderful environment, few turists at only some 25 kilometers from Florence). Beautiful gardens with flowers, nice terrace, beautiful swimming pool (unfortunately, the lightning hit, so we could not swim a few days). Santa Brigida at walking distance. Only because of many midges and gad flies we knew that it was not quite the paradise... We enjoyed our stay very much!
We arrived two couples with three children and discovered a clean and beautiful country villa surrounded by a green meadow full of fruit trees.
We walked in the nearby woods, picking berries and cooked beautifully meals in the well equipped kitchen.
The children enjoyed the heated pool and played with Simba the puppy.
Every day we traveled around in beautiful towns and also visited the nearby Florence.
Hospitality was kind and indulgent, we spend a relaxing dreamy week. It's difficult to describe in words how beautiful this place is.
We will be always happy to visit colle again!
Vered and Yaron Segal
This is my second year staying at Colle and what a pleasure it was.
Ecellent location for all the wonderful sites with visits as far as Rome, local shop with friendly staff aswell as local eating establishments with welcoming atmosphere. Which leads me to Colle and its members.
Where to begin, such a stunning setting to suit all parties,singles,couples and families. All are catered for in this idilic Tuscan home, kept beautifully both inside and out.
This has only been achieved by the wonderful owner and his team/family and is an inspiraton that all should visit. Colle is definately home from home, friendly, fun and welcoming. Your time there is made easy and you will have a good time and love it. They made me feel part of what Colle is all about and i am hooked, part of the family.
I will be going back for my 3rd visit and more.
If you are reading reviews to choose where to stay, whoever you are, you have found it! Go and stay at Colle.
The house It located within a beatiful mountain estate in a rather hilly area near Santa Brigida just some 15 km north east of Florence, practically at the end of the road. We were staying at the smaller of the 2 apts. available to tourists at the property Colle. Our apt was Colle 2 consisting of downstarirs living room and kitchen and an upstairs bedroom/ relaxation area with a beautiful door like window overlooking the owner's bigger mansion ( previously stables). The house is one of only 3 buildings existing at the sizabele, fenced property amidst a green pina forest and olive gardens.
Guests have the opportunity to use the open swimming pool( only the other apt. and the owners use it) and enjoy the surrounding divine tranquility or the singing of crickets. The owner is a very special person who happens to have excellent taste and attention to detail. We were surrounded by the finest quality of fabrics, furniture and interior creation. I need not mention that the house was painfully clean aand you have the impression you are the first tourist entering the house. We had the opportunity to dine just outside the door in a small porch area but there is a more sizable space dedicated to evening dinners some 6 m. away from the entrance.Teh kitchen has everything you need for cooking..at least we found everything. There is a person living at the nerby cottage at all times who , if need be, will offer you any kind of assistance and advice. We felt very much welcome,at ease and could practically enjoy the entire property unbothered. We did not fully benefit from Colle 2 since we also visited the surroundings a lot. Regretfully. It is a place for longer stays. We will go back if we have a chance again and we hope to enjoy Alberto's aura and see Simone again.Grazie. Tadeusz and Susana.
I went in Santa Brigida with a bunch of friends last summer and I discover here a real heaven!
The house is located in the middle of the countryside and a few km from Florence.
It is peaceful and really relaxing.
There is a very nice pool in the huge garden just next to the wood!
The tenants are really friendly and make your stay easy and confortable.
I really enjoyed the few days spent at this place and would recommand it in the future!!!
If you are going on holidays with your family, with friends or just as a couple this place will suit you in all possible ways :)
- COLLE is an Ancient Country House (XV cent.) freshly renovated, providing two independent units:
- COLLE 1 consists of 3 double bedrooms, and 1 single bed /each , if requested (9 sleeps max);
- COLLE 2 consist of of 1 double bedroom and 2 sofa beds (4 sleeps).
- Located at 18 Km from Florence, on the beautiful hills behind Fiesole, at 350 mt above sea level, between the two small villages of S. Brigida and Fornello.
- Private heated swimming pool (at exclusive use of the units guests and the owners) dipped in a gently sloping lawn immersed in a landscape of olive groves, cypress and pine trees, woodland of oaks and chestnuts.
- Connection:- Bus stop to Florence: 200 mt away - Florence Airport: 24 km - Train stations: Sieci 8 km./ Florence 20 km - Motorway A1 : way out 'Firenze South'
- All the most important and interesting locations such as Florence, Arezzo, Siena, S. Giminiano, Pisa etc. can be easily reached.
The G.P.S. coordinates are: 43. 838288,11.409182