|Property type||chateau / country house|
|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
- COLLE 1: with 9 sleeps (6+3) is the largest unit (120 sqm) composed of:
- Ground floor: large sitting room with fireplace, 2 sofas, 2 armchairs - kitchen diner with 9 seats dining table, cupboard, fridge, sink, 4 burner gas hob and oven, dishwasher, the whole under an old large hood;
- First floor: 3 twin bed rooms with 2 beds each, (also double bed room) + 1 bed / each on request;
- Two large bathrooms with washbasin, shower, wc, bidet + washing machine.
Outside the entrance door a farmyard with terracotta tiles, suitable for sun bathing or eating outside .
On the lawn, next to the heated swimming pool, 1 sun umbrella with beach chairs, are at disposal.
“COLLE” is an ancient country house (XV cent.) freshly renovated, located on the beautiful hills behind Fiesole, 18 Km from Florence, immersed into centenary woods, vineyards and olive groves (Chianti Rufina area).
The house is located within 2,5 km distance from village of Santa Brigida where shops and services are available (chemist shop,bank,post office,news paper,food store, restaurant,church,etc..
The fully fenced resort has a nice heated private pool (at exclusive use of the units guests and the owners) dipped in a gently sloping lawn surrounded by cypress and pine trees and by a woodland of oaks and chestnuts.
The house is made of 2 units independent from each other:
- COLLE 1: with a large sitting room, kitchen-diner, 3 double rooms (6+3 additional = 9 sleeps), 2 bathrooms, for a total of 120 sqm;
- COLLE 2: with sitting room, kitchen corner, 1 large double bedroom + 1 single bed at the first floor and 1 sofa bed at the ground floor (2+2= 4 sleeps), 1 bathroom for a total of 50 sqm.
The house restructuring was carried out with the most traditional Tuscan finishing materials: terracotta tiles for roof and floors, stone façade.
To reach COLLE insert in GPS this coordinate : 43.838288,11.405182
We had a wonderful family holiday at Il Colle. we were in Florence for a family wedding and were stunned by the property's beauty. Simone saw to our every need and the house itself is well set up with all you need. the only thing that couldn't be guaranteed was the weather! but even the rain couldn't spoil the beautiful views of the Tuscan countryside. We definitely needed a car to get about, but thoroughly enjoyed every minute and are already thinking about our return trip! The restaurant Napino in Santa Brigida served the most delicious food, for great prices and no fuss true Itallian style. The local shop was great and anything they didnt have was promised to be in by the afternoon. The kids loved the pool and the lawn area is great. Although the main house is out of bounds, it is chocolate box picture perfect! Just what i imagined of a holiday in the Tuscan hills.
This property is well maintained and included all the features and services we needed for a 4 week stay. I would definitely recommend this property for those who wish to be out of the tourist-packed cities and towns of Tuscany. The owner's customer service was excellent and very responsive to any need or inquiry we had. We will return.
We spent a marvelous week at Colle last July. We were really lucky, we didn’t know the place before but the family who owns the facilities was very polite and attentive to any request we made. The house was great with a very refreshing terrace outside where we took great breakfasts under the beautiful light of Tuscany. Santa Brigida the nearest village (1km) has a superb and economic restaurant where you can experience real Italian food. Florence is just 15 minutes away and you have a lot of great places to visit around…yes you need a car to get there but you surely won’t regret to have chosen this place as we did not. Hope to be back in a near future.
COLLE is an excellent location in a beautiful environment, which can be recommended to everybody, who wants to enjoy the beautiful nature of the Tuscany. The property was extremely well-maintained, beautiful lawns, a nice swimming-pool etc. The apartment was clean, lots of towels were there, in the small kitchen nothing was missing, even candles for the terrace were there. The owner is a very nice gentleman and it was a pleasure to talk with him.
The distances to the cities Siena and Pisa is a little bit long, the road to COLLE has many curves, but the view is wonderful. The next small village Sta. Brigida has a supermarket with a very friendly shop assistant. A nice restaurant we found in Fiesole. Firenze is about half an hour by car. We had a beautiful stay there and will come back one day for sure.
Our stay at Il Colle was just wonderful. When we arrived, it was hard to take in the gorgeous surroundings and peaceful setting. We used the pool every day (except one when we went to the beach-2 hours drive) and felt we had the whole place to ourselves. Alberto is a real gentleman and nothing is a problem. His friends and extended family were welcoming and friendly. Simone (ground manager) was of great help and seems like an old friend now.
On arrival the weather was unusually hot and could have benefitted from fans which were provided when asked the following day. During the day it was nice to just relax by the pool and take in the luscious scenery. The villa was very well furnished and equipped and we were not short of anything (even toiletries and towels provided!).
On a short walk of the grounds one afternoon, we discovered fruits such as figs, pears and limes which we were allowed to pick for our own enjoyment. It was so nice of Alberto's sister who lives nearby, to surprise us with a basket of speciality figs from her own grounds which were thoroughly enjoyed.
Il Colle is perfect if you need a break away from it all with the advantage of everything a short drive away. Highly recommended for a relaxing family holiday with lovely people. A real home from home experience.
Vicino alla meravigliosa Firenze, ma assolutamente isolato e tranquillo, il Colle è veramente un Paradiso in Terra e le persone che ne prendono cura sono assolutamente capaci e discrete. Tutto perfetto. Bella architettura, un arredamento elegante e non appariscente che ti fa subito sentire come a casa. C'è tutto quel che serve. Un giardino ben tenuto. La piscina privata in cima ad un colle circondato da una natura incontaminata. Ho incontrato cinghiali e cervi sulla strada ... una cosa incredibile! Deliziosi anche i paesini limitrofi e le persone che li abitano. Buona vacanza a tutti!
- COLLE is an Ancient Country House (XV cent.) freshly renovated, providing two independent units:
- COLLE 1 consists of 3 double bedrooms, and 1 single bed /each , if requested (9 sleeps max);
- COLLE 2 consist of of 1 double bedroom and 2 sofa beds (4 sleeps).
- Located at 18 Km from Florence, on the beautiful hills behind Fiesole, at 350 mt above sea level, between the two small villages of S. Brigida and Fornello.
- Private heated swimming pool (at exclusive use of the units guests and the owners) dipped in a gently sloping lawn immersed in a landscape of olive groves, cypress and pine trees, woodland of oaks and chestnuts.
- Connection:- Bus stop to Florence: 200 mt away - Florence Airport: 24 km - Train stations: Sieci 8 km./ Florence 20 km - Motorway A1 : way out 'Firenze South'
- All the most important and interesting locations such as Florence, Arezzo, Siena, S. Giminiano, Pisa etc. can be easily reached.
The G.P.S. coordinates are: 43. 838288,11.409182