Quiet, quaint & comfortable mountain home.
Bear’s Den is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, and just minutes from some of the most amazing attractions and outdoor recreation.
My mountain log home is located between picturesque Lake Lure/Chimney Rock & the town of Rutherfordton, just minutes from the world renowned Tryon International Equestrian Center.
It has just under 1300 square feet of central heated & air conditioned space and almost 1500 square foot of outdoor deck space to spread out for a cook-out or laying about. The cabin accommodates 6 to 7 guests comfortably but the deck area is plenty for a party of guests.
>Bedroom #1 is a downstairs master bedroom with a comfy queen bed & lots of closet space, 36" smart flat-screen television & DVD player with wireless cable. The roomy downstairs master bath/shower is just outside your bedroom door and has endless hot water.
>Bedroom #2 is attached to the downstairs master and doubles as a kids coral. It boasts a giant built in bunk-bed with an adult size double on the bottom and single on top.
>Bedroom #3 is a loft master suite with lots of room to spread out. It has a queen size bed and full private bath/shower, also with unlimited hot water. It provides a big walk in closet and a 36" flat-screen smart television with a DVD player with wireless cable.
Early bird couples may enjoy a nice cup of coffee and/or breakfast at the back upper balcony's cafe style table while watching a stunning sunrise. Don't be surprised if a few of our feathered friends join you and sing while at the feeder. We even have a few small woodland creatures, wild deer & turkey that join us from time to time.
Next, plan your adventures for the day: explore our many waterfalls & hiking trails which are all marked on the big wall map in the sun-room. Kayak at the "Lake Lure Adventure Company" or float down the French Broad River with "Zen Tubing".
Go zip lining at "Canopy Ridge Farm" just minutes away from our front door. Hike up to Chimney Rock or play a round of golf at the "Bald Mountain" golf course.
Enjoy lunch, dinner or drinks at "Legends On The Lake" restaurant after playing a round, or take the "Lake Lure Dinner Cruise", all located at the Rumbling Bald Resort.
After a having a cabin feast from our utensil stocked kitchen (complete with spices and a huge stainless gas grill on the back deck) head out front to the fire pit area. Firewood is provided. Gather up some kindling to build a safe fire.
After a long day of fun enjoy a relaxing soak in the lower deck hot tub with your favorite Toddy. Or sit out in the front porch rocking chairs and listen to the birds sing and the wind blow through the trees. In the spring time the garden is blooming with life, butterflies & humming birds.
* Authentic log cabin with hand shaped & stacked pine beams tongue & groove pine ceilings adorned with a Swiss chalet feel.
* Living area gas fireplace
* Over 2300 square feet of beautifully decorated heated and air conditioned living areas.
* Huge eat-in sun-room with electronic dart board and board games.
* Piano, guitars and music instruments for the musician in you.
*Children's play room with toys & books.
* Acres of awe-inspiring views
* Fire pit complete with cut firewood for toasting S'mores
* 5 person hot-tub to melt away achy muscles after a day of hiking.
AREA HAS TO OFFER:
* 15 Min from - Lake Lure Beach
* 15 Min from - Dirty Dancing Festival at Lake Lure
* 15 Min from - Grocery Shopping in Lake Lure or Rutherfordton
* 20 Min from - Equestrian Center
* 20 Min from - Chimney Rock National Park
* 45-60 Min from - Asheville
* Waterfalls (too many to name) See the map on the sun-room wall!!
* Hiking Trails (too many to name) See the map on the sun-room wall!!
AREA DINING: Literature available at the cabin
We have a multitude of water falls and hiking trails to choose from.
You will find literature and maps at the cabin for reference.
Multiple mountain restaurants to choose from and shopping for that perfect someone.