|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Unique studio apartment by Central Park
Full kitchen include dishwasher
HD cable TV
Free phone service ( local and long distance )
Subway station 1/2 a block away
Although this studio apartment has not been renovated and has uneven tiles here and there, yes an old but very clean roomy, space, It provides a feeling of comfort my husband and I have not experienced before on a NYC visit. I felt at ease walking down the block to find well known food establishments, post office, pharmacy with all the staples you may need to fill up on like tissues,tooth brushes etc. Genuine New Yorkers are ready to give directions to wherever . We chose to take a taxi to go downtown for a show, museum or family visit. We enjoyed having casual dinner "home" while watching TV . Whether you're a night or day person you can see a real piece of NYC without stress of noise at night. The bedding and towels could be fresher looking but people unfortunately take good towels. I didn't mind because they are clean but bring your own bath towel if you are finicky,
If you're looking for a slice of genuine NYC life, this is a good place to get it. The location is fantastic - just a minute or two from Central Park and the subway. The studio is on a pleasant, tree-lined residential street where you'll see lots of people walking their dogs or taking their kids to school. To the west are the commercial avenues of Columbus, Amsterdam, and Broadway, where you'll find lots of restaurants and other shops. When you're there, you feel a little like a real New Yorker.
Check-in and out were both simple and painless. The apartment was clean and, I thought, quite roomy compared to other studios I've stayed in. There's even a good-sized closet. Everything worked and I had no issues.
This is not a hotel. You'll need to purchase some basic items when you arrive or bring them with you. If you want a hotel it's best to stay in one. But if you want to live like a New Yorker, a place like this is exactly what you're looking for.
We really enjoyed staying in this apartment. It's quite old-fashioned and isn't for anyone who'll be put off by the odd cracked tile, uneven floor or pillowcases that don't match. But for the price it's a very good size - masses of space for two people - and the location is fantastic. Very close to Central Park, only about 100 yards from the subway entrance, yet in a quiet, leafy street, where people greet their neighbours and look after the flowerbeds. We found we could get anywhere we wanted really quickly - including downtown. There are also masses of local facilities - shops and restaurants from delis to swanky - and we enjoyed the experience of authentic New York living. It felt VERY safe - friends who live locally say this is a family neighbourhood, and that was certainly our experience. A few things that we wondered about before booking:
* noise - this is a ground floor flat, with the recycling/rubbish outside the flat window (albeit in a neat, well-covered area) and the main door of the building is adjacent to the flat. However, we really didn't experience any noise at all. The building seems very quiet, and while you can hear the front door or neighbours putting out the rubbish, if you really listen out, any disruption is absolutely minimal.
* there is a cooker, microwave and large fridge/freezer, and although there's not masses of kitchenware there definitely IS a sharp knife now, and enough stuff to do simple cooking, e.g. we could have a couple of friends round for simple pasta dishes before heading off for cocktails! We found food in Manhattan very expensive, so being able to eat some meals at home was a real boon.
* there is aircon, but we were there end of October, so more important was the heating, which is more than adequate. You would be fine there even in a really cold snap. The windows are barred, so you can also have the windows open safely if you need.
* like lots of flats in New York, there isn't masses of natural light, but having said that it's not bad at all given that it's on the ground floor. The lighting is good, and we didn't find it a problem for us.
We would definitely stay here again.
Anyone who says anything other than this place is perfect to live and breath New York life in comfort at a great price is fooling themselves.
My wife and I have enjoyed 10 days here without issue. Dov has been contactable by email for a few questions we've had and we're from Australia. His responses have been immediate and clear. The place is spacious and clean and with amenities you want. The street is clean and just beautiful with the real New York feel that you see on tv. At the end of the street is the subway or you can walk 2 blocks for another sub line. Also at the end of the street 100metres away is Central Park. Times Square is 10 mins sub and 9-11 is 20 mins away. Subs are here regularly. 24hr stores around the corner. A bar serving happy hour half price alcohol between 4-7pm is seriously 50m away on the next street. This Upper West area is affluent but not snobby. People are friendly. It's very quiet. One way street with a school At the end of this block. The room has been warm with temps at night around 10 degrees Celsius. We certainly experienced New York life and this place is perfectly positioned to start the days off. You can have breakfast at many of the eateries and restaurants with our favourite being "good enough to eat" a few blocks away. We also just had cereal in the room with the fridge providing ample space to keep Some home favourites. Don't be hesitant to book. Regards Dean and Belinda
Clean and convenient studio, great location within few steps from subway and Central Park. Quiet and secure neighborhood. Bath is a little outdated, but functional. Nice bed, pillows and linens. Kitchen fully equipped and a few extra perks. Wifi and cable TV works great. Overall a great stay for us.
Value for money studio- great location on a quiet street. Subway a short walk at end of street. We had no issues during our 2 week stay. Dov was easy to contact on our arrival , and was available via phone during our stay but we did not need to do so. I highly recommend this studio!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.