Explore The Last Frontier at this 1-bedroom, 1-bath vacation rental home, backing up to heavy woods a quarter mile from the Chena and Tanana River confluence. Built in the Katrina Cottage style with covered front and back porches and a steep roof, this visually appealing guesthouse provides a 440-foot riverfront and modern living space with a wood-burning stove. Enjoy sightseeing and downtown activities in the Fairbanks area!
*The homeowner lives in the property’s main house for part of the year*
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom: Full Bed | Additional Sleeping: Couch (Not Pullout)
Resting just 200 feet from the Chena River with a private waterfront, this property features beautiful landscaping, views of 100-foot tall Spruces in the dense woods, fruit and berry trees, and peonies fields that bloom in the summer. Enjoy easy access to canoeing and other watercraft sites, fishing destinations, snowmobiling trails in the winter and downtown attractions just 9 miles away.
Inside, an oil drip, wood-burning stove keeps the house very warm, so you can cozy up with your favorite movies on the flat-screen TV equipped with DirecTV. During your downtime from the outdoors, connect to the complimentary wireless internet and search the web for your next Fairbanks destination!
The fully equipped kitchen includes custom cabinetry and all the essential appliances for preparing your fresh catch-of-the-day or any type of meal. Ideal for a romantic retreat, you can share home-cooked meals with your loved one under natural light at the round wooden table.
Walk back to the property's river frontage and sit on the bench to observe local wildlife, paddle boat down the water or pack your gear and head a little further for better fishing locations. After your daily adventures, retreat to the comfort of the full bed and rest up to prepare for another day exploring the Alaskan countryside!
-- THE LOCATION --
Offering an ideal location for sightseeing in the beautiful Fairbanks area, this vacation guesthouse is perfect for the adventurous couple on your next getaway! Voted the best boat tour in North American, Riverboat Discover is an easy 15-minute drive away where you can book a 3-hour cruise into the heart of Alaska!
This location is an avid angler's dream as several great fishing locations surround the property - especially along the confluence of the Chena and Tanana River. Depending on the season, you can also enjoy snowmobiling, kayaking, canoeing, hiking, and much more!
When you've had your fill of the outdoors, drive just 9 miles to the unique downtown Fairbanks area and visit all the local attractions. Tour the riverfront monuments along the Chena River at Golden Heart Plaza, check out the museums and treat yourself to several options for fine dining!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, wood-burning stove, covered front and back porch, private river frontage with a bench seating area, in-unit laundry machines, free WiFi, driveway & RV parking, and much more
- Scenic Fairbanks location on a beautifully landscaped lot surrounded by woods, with easy access to outdoor recreation and local attractions!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Fairbanks International Airport - 6450 Airport Way, Fairbanks, AK 99709, (~7.3 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No parties or large gatherings - smaller events or gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Please note that the homeowner lives in the property’s main house for part of the year
- Note that 2 guests can sleep comfortably in the bedroom, but the addition of 1 guest on the couch is permitted (please inquire with Evolve)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in