|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
This secluded Princeville vacation retreat is in one of Kauai's premier ocean-bluff, vacation destinations offering breathtaking mountain views!! Situated just steps away from Hideaways Beach ,which offers great snorkeling, quiet sunbathing, and a beach pavilion / BBQ area, one will have everything at his or her fingertips!! After a full day of adventures each Guest will appreciate the quiet, enjoyable space with no other neighbors above or below. Boasting pure relaxation with over the top views, charming "island" vintage decor and brand new everything one will find this cottage very unique to the area! On site amenities include a sparkling pool, jacuzzi, restaurant and AMAZING SUNSETS!!!
This end-unit vacation property is surrounded by plush greenery and has views of the mountains and waterfalls. Guests can enjoy the privacy offered by living spaces separated on two floors. The unit is tucked away in it's own private area with only one adjoining unit next to it (VRBO # 663506) which, if booked together, (depending upon availability) can accommodate parties up to 15 people.
A very separate master suite is on the ground floor and a smaller loft bedroom/bath is on the top floor. The master suite offers a King size bed and garden views and a private, full bathroom. The top floor bedroom offers a loft style Twin size bed, Queen size bed and a private, full bathroom. There is also a Queen size air mattress w/ built in pump that is in the closet for use. The living area is open, has soaring ceilings, and a sliding glass door to a lanai. Just beyond the lanai is a large, open grassy area with tons of space to enjoy!! The kitchen is well equipped and a dining area for 4 overlooks a garden and greenbelt.
Guests can enjoy unlimited use to many items one will not find in most other vacation rentals such as: beach gear, boogie boards, beach chairs/ umbrellas, snorkel gear, coolers, unique library of books, outdoor games for the private area just beyond the lanai: Bocce Ball Set & Croquet. Bikes available (if requested). Kitchen appliances are also all new and top notch: Stainless Steel Refrigerator, Krups appliances, brand new cookware etc. Gorgeous wood shelving stores all cookware/ dinnerware eliminating the feeling of not knowing where anything is. Pack and play available (if requested).
Wide greenbelts surrounding the property provide vantage points for viewing the azure ocean with a backdrop of emerald mountains. Guests can enjoy this spectacular setting, tropical foliage and vantage point for viewing the famed Bali Hai (Makana) sunsets and the prime location. The unit is an 8 minute drive to the world renowned Hanalei Bay and less 30 minutes to the Kalalau Trail and beaches of Haena (Tunnels/Makua Beach). A nearby walking path on the road leads vacation guests to the Princeville St. Regis Resort, Princeville Makai Golf Club and the Princeville Shopping Center.
This is a truly a magical town home offering everything from tranquility to every adventure activity at one's fingertips.
Keywords: remodeled, vintage, end unit, Hideaways Beach, Princeville, Hanalei, private, updated, cottage
This unit was somewhat satisfactory but not worth the price. It was moderately clean at a glance, but not upon closer inspection. If you have a child that crawls in and around things, you wouldn't want them in the corners. The dryer was broken for the duration of the stay, which I understand is a difficult fix especially in Hawaii but it was an inconvenience. Jackie made every effort to fix it which was appreciated. There were 2 forks in the unit (sleeps 8) which made things challenging. Overall, if it was cleaner and priced better it would have been alright.
A sunny and stylish "home base" from which to explore the island! We especially enjoyed the unit's fully outfitted kitchen where we Used local fresh fruits to make amazing breakfasts!
Mindfully decorated to enhance your "island" experience.
Jackie was wonderful- very helpful and responsive to our needs and questions. We are grandparents traveling with our son and family including a 6 year old and this property was perfect in every way. Thanks so much.
We enjoyed our stay and things went smoothly. I just want to point out a few things that aren't exactly clear from other reviews. I don't live in Hawaii and therefore do not know how difficult a house is to maintain in this environment. However, here are my points:
1. The house sits 50 feet from the main road in Princeville. If car lights or road noise bother you - this might not be a good fit.
2. This place has been resurfaced - but it does not feel new. The couch could be replaced. The grout in the bathrooms have mold in the grout.
3. There is a lot of STUFF. Closests are full. Cabinets are full. If you need storage or want it to feel like a tidy hotel room - it is not for you. (Some of this STUFF is useful - snorkles/masks, beach gear...etc.) (Not sure why there were six boogie boards in one closet?)
4. The pizza place next door fills up the parking lot at night. You may find yourself a 3-5 minute walk from your car to the unit if you park after 5pm (when pizza place opens). With 3 kids - this was a bit annoying - and made for loading/unloading car a bit of a challenge.
5. If you want to watch a movie in the living room - the TV is very difficult to see as it is positioned very precariously at an angle inside an armoire.
Now for the nice touches:
1. The pool is easily accessible - as it is next door to the unit.
2. The pizza restaurant above the pool area has good quality food. The Princeville Foodland grocery is only 1.5 miles away.
3. The owner provided a pack-n-play for our stay.
4. The washer and dryer are wonderful to have and laundry soap was provided.
5. The coffee machine is high-tech and produces an excellent cup of coffee (once you figure it out). Coffee was provided! Thank you!
6. Our visit was in late October and we did not feel hot or cold. There is a nice breeze through the unit and the provided fans help circulate the cool outdoor air. There are two beds in the loft - one at loft level and another one up a ladder that is for sure-footed small people. This ladder-accessible bed remained very hot at night - as there is not air-flow to this bed. It would be better suited on the ground under the ladder/loft.
7. Be sure you walk the perimeter of the condo property along the ocean. It is stunning. Plus - there is a secret trail down to the water which is beautiful (and much easier than going down the ropes/steps at Hideaway Beach next door).
8. The wifi was solid and fast. The Sonos speaker worked well
This condo was even better than described - the decor was beautiful and so thoughtfully done, down to the sweet tiki beer mugs! We loved the set up for our boys (17 & 13) and couldn't ask for a better set up to explore Hideaways! The complex is quiet and beautiful - and the condo perfectly situated to everything (pool, restaurant, beach). We loved our stay in Pali Ke Kua - just wish it was longer! Mahalo!
The condo was well designed and perfectly suited for a small family or group of friends for a week-long visit to Kauai. The kitchen area was conducive to cooking meals and serving four adults at the dining table. The unit had some great amenities and is close to some wonderful local sites. I would highly recommend this property.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jan 3 2017 - May 26 2017
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$200|
|Cleaning||$165 + Tax|
|Reservation Fee||$50 + Tax|