*Please note the homeowner lives on site, in a completely separate unit, and may be present during your stay. This property has animals including 2 large dogs, horses, chickens, pigs and cats.*
'Emerald Gate Farm' is sure to delight travelers with its 3 fishing ponds, rolling pastures, and views of the Smoky Mountains. This 3-bedroom, 2-bath vacation rental cabin is located in Waynesville and sleeps 7, with an option to rent the finished basement to sleep 4 other travelers for an additional fee.
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed, Twin Bed | Basement (Optional with Fee): Full Bed, 2 Twin Beds
'Emerald Gate Farm' is sure to dazzle you with its innate beauty and friendly co-inhabitants such as the farm's horses, cats, and dogs. If you're interested in learning about sustainable living, inquire about the homeowner's availability to teach farming techniques and hands-on tool making. After a day fishing at the on-site pond, step inside to relax in the main living space.
Catch up on the news using the flat-screen TV with DirecTV or take the harvested eggs into the fully equipped kitchen. Use the farm-fresh ingredients to create a hearty meal to serve at the indoor dining table or out on the furnished viewing deck.
Take an evening stroll near one of the 3 creeks with family and friends. You might even get an escort from one of the 2 friendly Great Pyrenees dogs, Polly and Clyde!
Rest up in one of the 3 spacious bedrooms before exploring more of the Smoky Mountain Range or downhill skiing at Cataloochee Ski Area. The main floor features 3 bedrooms that sleep a total of 7 travelers.
Up to 4 additional travelers will be able to call the finished basement home for an extra nightly fee. You'll find a comfortable full bed, 2 twin beds, separate kitchenette, a living space with a flat-screen TV with DirecTV, wood-burning stove and a bathroom with a shower.
While staying at 'Emerald Gate Farm,' you'll get to know the resident guide who will show you the variety of activities to partake in! See if the catfish or bluegills are biting when you fish in one of the ponds, harvest fresh eggs from the chicken coop, or have a picnic near the orchards.
If you want to cool off, go for a swim in one of the nearby water holes or book a whitewater rafting trip with Smoky Mountain River Adventures.
Get up close to the towering trees in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. 'Emerald Gate Farm' borders this natural wonder, and offers hiking trails that begin from the neighboring Cataloochee area. Also, an Elk herd can be seen everyday in Cataloochee Valley and often on the road to this farm.
Upon a fresh snowfall, skiers will flock to Cataloochee Ski Area located 30 minutes away from this property. On the way back to the farm, stop in the Wheels Through Time Motorcycle Museum to view rare models and related exhibits!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, furnished viewing deck, access to 13 acres, 2 flat-screen TVs with DirecTV, free WiFi, garage parking for 2 vehicles, driveway parking for up to 3 vehicles, in-unit laundry machines, and optional basement accommodations featuring a kitchenette, wood-burning stove and TV
- Idyllic Waynesville location - 'Emerald Gate Farm' sits on 13 acres bordering the Smoky Mountains that include orchards, pastures, 3 fishing ponds, and creeks, access to hiking trails, a 30-minute drive from Cataloochee Ski Area and other outdoor attractions
- Airport: Asheville Regional Airport - 61 Terminal Dr #1, Fletcher, NC 28732, (~ 38 miles away)
- No smoking
- Please note this is a working farm. It is pet friendly, but only with prior owner approval
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- A $30 per night fee is required for use of additional studio space for guests over 7 persons (Max 11)
- Please note the homeowner lives on site, in a completely separate unit, and may be present during your stay
- Please note the property has animals including 2 large dogs, horses, chickens, pigs, and cats
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in