About the property
- Studio600 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
studio, 1 Bathroom Sleeps 3
IMAGINE a Hawaiian vacation at Maui’s newest full ownership resort … where the sea, sand and gentle warm breezes welcome you.
KONEA is the newest tower, with a fire bowl water feature in the courtyard to enjoy the quiet of paradise and spectacular Maui sunsets.
All the amenities of a NEW unsurpassed LUXURIOUS HOTEL combined with the comfort, spaciousness and features of a private residence with FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN – no wonder HONUA KAI RESORT & SPA with its 38 acres of lush, landscaped grounds containing both tranquil areas and also an expansive aquatic playground is rated as one of the top beachfront luxury resorts in Maui.
From the moment you arrive, magnificent open lobbies with ocean views greet you and the lush landscaping with fragrant gardens and water features draw you further into a resort and spa with world class distinction.
Honua Kai has something for everyone…. a stunning infinity-edge pool with cabanas, aqua loungers, pool side beverage and food service, hot tubs, swim-under waterfalls, ‘lazy river’, quiet pool, and sandy bottom pool area with water slide, activity center with rentals, 10 outdoor Viking gas grills areas and on-site gourmet market and Duke's restaurant. … all of this and more and our unit is listed at competitive prices (typically far less than booking from the resort directly!)
**** RESERVATION REQUESTS: if your stay does not meet the NIGHTLY REQUIREMENTS, please feel free to phone or email us to EXPLORE OPTIONS as we may be flexible depending upon the time of year, availability and how your dates line up with existing booking.
FEATURES OF OUR STUDIO:
* KONEA TOWER is the NEWEST & QUIETEST building in Honua Kai
* Spacious 600 sq. feet open floor plan – larger than most one bedroom condos in Maui
* Folding glass wall seamlessly blends inside living with the outdoor additionally FULLY FURNISHED 100 SQ. FT. LANAI
* PRIVATE LANAI (rather than the shared common lanais)
* lanai faces SW with gorgeous tropical sunsets and ocean views
* Highly desirable inner-courtyard studio (KONEA Tower)
* Fully equipped kitchens (full size kitchen) with granite counters and Bosch stainless steel appliances — a gourmet cook’s dream
* Granite island bar for drinks and dining
* Front-loading Bosch washer and dryer (in suite)
* High end contemporary décor
* luxurious king bed plus comfortable full sofa sleeper equipped with fresh fine linens and protective hypo-allergenic covers on beds and pillows;
* blackout lined drapery to help ensure restful sleep
* Spa bathroom has shower and separate soaking tub, spa bath products
* our studio has DUAL sinks in bathroom vanity
* Central air conditioning, ceiling fan
* Concrete construction, sound dampening walls
* NEW SAMUNG SMART 48” LED LCD TV, cable, BluRay /DVD
* iPhone/iPod speaker deck/charger/alarm clock
* Free high-speed wireless internet (Wi-Fi)
* We provide Tommy Bahama back-pack beach chairs, beach umbrella, cooler bag and boogie boards ...
* We provide beach towels for our guests to use while staying in our vacation home - so our guests don't have to pack them
* also included lots of informative books such as our Guest Book, Maui Reveal Guide Book, Maui cookbook for our guest to use...
* Pack ‘N Play Playard/Crib
* Local Maui Contact
Our extra touches help ensure your stay with us is magical and memorable ….we've tried to think of everything to make our guests' experience in our vacation home more spectacular – we even installed a new shower-head with cutting-edge ‘Katalyst’ technology that infuses two liters of air per minute, to deliver larger, fuller water drops that creates a luxurious spa-like, completely indulgent showering experience.
*We also add extra touches such as welcoming aloha gift basket that includes starter amenities plus our vacation home is extremely well stocked for the convenience of our guests.
*To maximize our guests ALOHA experience we have hired a fabulous, exclusive MAUI CONTACT who along with Bell personnel will help you become familiar with the resort & our vacation home. Onsite concierge service available to ensure availability & quality of experience for those guests who wish to plan activities, make reservations and gain ultimate insider, specialist knowledge! We also have an exceptional team of professional residential cleaners who take genuine pride in maintaining our vacation home to the highest of 5 star standards!
THE AMENITIES OF THE WORLD CLASS HONUA KAI RESORT:
* Maui’s NEWEST (in 30 years) whole ownership condominium on spectacular Kaanapali Beach
* Kaanapali Beach is a world famous destination with an expansive beach, snorkeling reef… #1 2013 Traveler’s Choice Beach Award
* 38 acre of manicured grounds with water features and spectacular pools
* RFID high security wristbands as the new KEY on property that open doors, gates and serve as pool area identifiers to ensure that only owners & their guests obtain the benefits of Honua Kai Resort & Spa pools and facilities. The ‘key’ wristbands are removable, stretchy, water proof and comfortable to wear on wrist or on person (pockets, purses...)
* Poolside Viking gas grills and picnic area with tables for dining
* On-site restaurants: *Duke's Beach House - one of Maui’s top restaurants with locally sourced ingredients
* A'ina Gourmet Deli & Market - convenient for your cooking needs, gifts and great lattes and ice cream…& just opened - new onsite well stocked Whaler's General Store with a broad assortment of everyday items.
* Free recently expanded fitness center featuring brand new, top of the line equipment located in our Konea Tower
*On-site concierge service
* FREE valet parking & bell service (not including tip – the Hawaiian people are very hardworking and have much aloha in their hearts)
* Ho’ola Spa on site in our Konea Tower! experience Hawaiian spa treatments
* 24-hour staffed security
* Honua Kai is a smoke free resort
EXPLORING THE AREA BEYOND HONUA KAI RESORT AND SPA:
*Shopping center, Times supermarket, great restaurants, rentals… just ACROSS THE STREET
* Snorkel stunning reefs right out front of the resort on Kaanapali Beach (been named America’s Best Beach)
* Scenic boardwalk and trail meanders along beach and past ocean-side restaurants connecting Honua Kai to Whaler’s Village - enjoy early morning runs or gentle walks
* World-class shopping (local stores, outlet mall, designer boutiques, art…) at Whaler’s Village and the quaint historic port town of Lahaina – just minutes away by car or nearby bus
* Championship golf courses nearby (Kapalua Plantation - home to Mercedes-Benz Championship, North & South Kaanapali Royal and Kapalua Bay courses within 10 minute)
* Sunset and snorkel cruises, whale watching, sport fishing, sightseeing, bird watching, helicopter tours…
* Stand-up paddle-boarding, zip lining, hiking, kayaking, surfing, hiking, horseback riding, parasailing, boat charters…
* Scenic drive to Hana with bamboo forests & waterfalls, tour or bike or hike Haleakal, festive luau... and so much more
….limitless as your imagination - the magic of Maui awaits you with endless opportunities for making lifetime memories
OUR PROMISE TO YOU:
* Professional, personal and courteous care from us, the owners
* Welcoming, responsive answers to inquiries and questions
* Our Maui Contact is minutes from the resort and on-site almost every day to ensure that your stay is effortless and enjoyable
* Aloha gift with Hawaiian coffee, chocolates & amenities & other extras...
* Credit cards and e-checks accepted with NO surcharge fees - book securely and confidently through VRBO
We do our best to ensure that you enjoy our place in paradise as much as we do!
Maureen and Robert Parker
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 24, 2018
About Maureen and Robert Parker
Robert and Maureen live in Canada and feel really fortunate to have a place in paradise at Honua Kai Resort and Spa and to be able to connect with so many wonderful guests! Growing up, Rob’s family had vacation homes in Maui for over 30 years and his family moved to Maui for a year when Rob was 13 years old. Rob and his sister went to school at King Kamehameha in Lahaina that year. Robert now owns his own construction company and Maureen is a Registered Clinical Counsellor. After marrying, Rob and Maureen chose Maui as the perfect place to celebrate their honeymoon and later stayed at Honua Kai Resort and Spa twice with their children before purchasing from the developer in 2013. Honua Kai Resort and Spa really feels like coming home. With warm aloha, Maureen and Robert
Maureen and Robert Parker purchased this Studio in 2013
Why Maureen and Robert Parker chose Kaanapali
Honua Kai Resort and Spa on Kaanapali Beach, Maui, has everything imaginable. Maui is such an amazing place with tropical great weather all year round (voted “Best Island” Conde Nast Traveler for 19 years) and Kaanapali Beach not only has less rain than other areas of Maui, but also a beautiful five mile stretch of soft sand and crystal clear, gentle water.
What makes this Studio unique
Walking into Honua Kai Resort and Spa we feel the relaxed, aloha spirit of Hawaii. It’s a magical experience… we ease into the day with lattes or ice cream from A'ina market right in the resort and then either play at the pools, relax in the sun, go off on an adventure or find great shops to browse. We often end the day with a great home cooked feast using ingredients from Costco and local markets and end the day in a hot tub or with an evening stroll along the ocean boardwalk. We are never without our camera to capture wonderful memories to sustain us until our return to Maui.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
My husband and I honeymooned in Maui 20 years ago and couldn't think of a better place to celebrate our anniversary. We've done some traveling over the years but have never stayed at a vacation rental property before. Maureen and Robert's condo was absolutely perfect for our getaway. I knew immediately after speaking with Maureen that we found our place! Honua Kai resort and the condo are both even more beautiful than the pictures, and the staff were so friendly and helpful. They have taken so much care and pride in making their condo the perfect place to stay. We were so thankful for the helpful information provided about the unit, the resort, maps, places of interest, as well as a completely stocked condo with everything you could possibly need. We used the boogie boards, beach chairs, beach umbrella, and cooler that they provided every day as we explored a different beach. We got to snorkel for the very first time at Kaanapali Beach (in front of the resort) which was amazing and still remains as my favorite beach. If you love to walk or run, the beachwalk is perfect for those early morning runs or romantic evening strolls. Duke's restaurant on site was an added bonus, with breakfast, lunch, happy hour and supper a few steps away if you didn't feel like driving or cooking. I truly can't say enough wonderful things about our entire stay. Too bad we can't squeeze our entire family into your condo for out next trip! Thank you Maureen, Robert and Michelle for everything. We have fallen in love with Maui all over again and definitely won't be waiting 20 years to come back!
We are so glad that our vacation home was “absolutely perfect” for your anniversary getaway! Your glowing review was greatly appreciated – your praise makes all of our efforts so much more rewarding!
Until we connect again,
Maureen & Robert
Perfect Maui Getaway
We have stayed at Honua Kai many times but this was our first VRBO experience. It did not disappoint. Check-in through the bell desk was easy and super quick despite our late arrival time. The unit's location is great and it was clean and in perfect condition. A benefit of this unit is that it is nicely stocked with items we typically need to buy with a hotel say such as food wrap, condiments, and spices. We were also supplied with spa quality shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Similarly, the unit was stocked with beach gear that we used every day. The owners were easy to deal with and contact. We'll be staying here again!
Wonderful place to spend our special day
We were so fortunate to have found this vacation home to celebrate both my wife’s birthday and our anniversary. It was truly more beautiful than the photos show. Breakfast from the Lanai each morning was breathtaking. Maureen’s organization and input in advance made this the easiest and most enjoyable trip to Hawaii. We’ve stayed at the Honua Kai before but never treated so nicely by the owners. Absolutely nothing negative about this unit, owners or facilities. Maureen even called a couple days into our trip just to check in with us. Means a lot when the owner cares that much that we are have a pleasant experience. But it was much more than just pleasant. It was blissful, relaxing, comfortable, and extremely clean. From the beach chairs to the welcome gift, they didn’t forget a thing. Highly recommend and we will be back again. Thanks so much for sharing your home with us!!
Immaculate condo, stress free stay with a toddler!
We have ventured to Oahu and felt it was time to visit Maui. Now any parent would know that a vacation is quite different when you have a toddler in tow. I spent hours scouring for places in Maui that were “baby/toddler” friendly with the amenities that were fit for a young family as most know everything revolves around a toddler’s schedule. We went on homeaway and found that Honua Kai resort had the amenities we were looking for such as a kitchen, beachfront, and a nice pool but also across the street is a supermarket and a medical clinic!!
We wanted a unit that was well taken care of and but more importantly that it was clean since our toddler likes to play on the floor a lot and we didn’t want to worry our toddler would get sick. We spent 11 days in March during spring break at Maureen’s unit Konea 315 and I could not have dreamed of anything better. The condo was immaculate, updated and of course very clean! Vacations should be as stress free as possible and Maureen had tried her very best to do so. She takes the effort to get to know you answers all your questions promptly and checks in to make sure you have a smooth arrival but also that your stay is as pleasant as possible. The condo is well stocked with basic kitchen items including such simple things as salt and oil and sugar (the simple things are so very much appreciated). There is a binder that she keeps there that has every instruction and helpful hints for not only the unit but for suggestions on things to do in the surrounding area.
As for our toddler she was so happy in this unit. We were initially worried about the space as it is a studio unit but it is so much bigger then what we expected we were so surprised it is very spacious and the lanai as well. Our daughter was able to stretch out for hours playing even with her toys. What I loved the most is enjoying a meal on the lanai with my family and such easy clean up for our toddler as the lanai is tile floor! In addition to this all you toddler/baby mama’s we brought our guzzie perch highchair and it mounts perfectly on the kitchen counter and on the dining unit outside to enjoy those sunsets together. Maureen provides a pack and play so we didn’t have to lug our own as well as other amenities needed such as cleaning supplies and beach chairs, umbrellas, and beach mats. I could not have ask for a better host we enjoyed our stay so much that when we come back to Maui we hope to stay here again! I would 150% recommend to book this unit!
We love that you recommend our unit 150%!
Thanks for letting others know that our vacation home is immaculate, modern (Honua Kai Resort & Spa is the newest full ownership resort in Maui), meticulously clean and incredibly spacious - bigger that most one bedrooms in Maui!
We really appreciate hearing that our guests loved their stay with us
With warm aloha,
Robert & Maureen
A lovely studio condo in a beautiful resort
The Honua Kai Resort is beautiful and our condo was lovely — a perfect location in West Maui. I’d highly recommend this condo and would definitely return .
Thank you for highly recommending our unit at Honua Kai Resort & Spa – We’ll look forward to your return stay!
Maureen & Rob
A beautiful property in a great location
We had such a wonderful trip and the accommodations could not have been better. Everything you need is a short walk or short drive away. The resort was outstanding and it was very convenient to have Duke's Restaurant right on the property. Our favorite part was walking down the boardwalk in the mornings and evenings. We highly recommend this unit. The hosts are wonderful!
Mahalo Sandy! Thanks for highly recommending our unit and we're so glad that your girls’ getaway to celebrate your birthday in Maui couldn’t have been better! We think our guests are wonderful too & we look forward to having you stay with us again!!
To maximize our guests ALOHA experience we have a fabulous, exclusive MAUI CONTACT TEAM & onsite concierge service for those who wish to plan activities, events or make reservations... whale watching, snorkeling, zip-lining, tours, fabulous restaurants... We are sure you will appreciate their wealth of info & friendly approach! There is so much to see & do in Maui or just relax and enjoy!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates vary by season & subject to change Ensure dates are accurate as we are often fully book Hawaiian Tax ID# TA-191-596-7488-01 Amenity Fee is $15 per night (subject to change at any time). Parking valet and bell serviceincluded as well as access to facilities, fitness center & amenities of the resort, plus we've combined the most popular services for our guests - US & Canadian long distance calls, WI Fi & cable plus a starter amenity supply package. This fee is paid as an additional payment through VRBO upon booking & is required to fully confirm your reservation. NO MANAGEMENT charges NO surcharge fees on credit cards/ e-checks (e-checks preferred as owners do not incur additional charges) *** ! remember to notify your credit card company before making a reservation request as credit card companies sometimes decline payments (infrequent use, change in location...)! NOTE: Call for last-minute 'gap filler" special rates or if your stay does not meet the nightly requirement, please feel free to phone or email us to explore options as we may be flexible depending upon the time of year, availability and if it is a ‘back to back’ or ‘gap filler’ booking. Honua Kai Resort & Spa is a non-smoking complex *** SEE OWNERS' CANCELLATION POLICY in the Owners' TERMS & CONDITIONS for accurate DETAILS ON REFUNDS (there is not a VRBO / HomeAway generated Cancellation Policies Option that matches precisely)