|Space||600 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
IMAGINE a Hawaiian vacation at Maui’s newest full ownership resort … where the sea, sand and gentle warm breezes welcome you.
KONEA is the newest tower, with a fire bowl water feature in the courtyard to enjoy the quiet of paradise and spectacular Maui sunsets.
All the amenities of a NEW unsurpassed LUXURIOUS HOTEL combined with the comfort, spaciousness and features of a private residence with FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN – no wonder HONUA KAI RESORT & SPA with its 38 acres of lush, landscaped grounds containing both tranquil areas and also an expansive aquatic playground is rated as one of the top beachfront luxury resorts in Maui.
From the moment you arrive, magnificent open lobbies with ocean views greet you and the lush landscaping with fragrant gardens and water features draw you further into a resort and spa with world class distinction.
Honua Kai has something for everyone…. a stunning infinity-edge pool with cabanas, aqua loungers, pool side beverage and food service, hot tubs, swim-under waterfalls, ‘lazy river’, quiet pool, and sandy bottom pool area with water slide, activity center with rentals, 10 outdoor Viking gas grills areas and on-site gourmet market and Duke's restaurant. … all of this and more and our unit is listed at competitive prices (typically far less than booking from the resort directly!)
**** RESERVATION REQUESTS: if your stay does not meet the NIGHTLY REQUIREMENTS, please feel free to phone or email us to EXPLORE OPTIONS as we may be flexible depending upon the time of year, availability and how your dates line up with existing booking.
FEATURES OF OUR STUDIO:
* KONEA TOWER is the NEWEST & QUIETEST building in Honua Kai
* Spacious 600 sq. feet open floor plan – larger than most one bedroom condos in Maui
* Folding glass wall seamlessly blends inside living with the outdoor additionally FULLY FURNISHED 100 SQ. FT. LANAI
* PRIVATE LANAI (rather than the shared common lanais)
* lanai faces SW with gorgeous tropical sunsets and ocean views
* Highly desirable inner-courtyard studio (KONEA Tower)
* Fully equipped kitchens (full size kitchen) with granite counters and Bosch stainless steel appliances — a gourmet cook’s dream
* Granite island bar for drinks and dining
* Front-loading Bosch washer and dryer (in suite)
* High end contemporary décor
* luxurious king bed plus comfortable full sofa sleeper equipped with fresh fine linens and protective hypo-allergenic covers on beds and pillows;
* blackout lined drapery to help ensure restful sleep
* Spa bathroom has shower and separate soaking tub, spa bath products
* our studio has DUAL sinks in bathroom vanity
* Central air conditioning, ceiling fan
* Concrete construction, sound dampening walls
* NEW SAMUNG SMART 48” LED LCD TV, cable, BluRay /DVD
* iPhone/iPod speaker deck/charger/alarm clock
* Free high-speed wireless internet (Wi-Fi)
* Free local and long distance calls (within the U.S. and to Canada)
* We provide Tommy Bahama back-pack beach chairs, beach umbrella, cooler bag and boogie boards ...
* We provide beach towels for our guests to use while staying in our vacation home - so our guests don't have to pack them
* also included lots of informative books such as our Guest Book, Maui Reveal Guide Book, Maui cookbook for our guest to use...
* Pack ‘N Play Playard/Crib
* Local Maui Contact
Our extra touches help ensure your stay with us is magical and memorable ….we've tried to think of everything to make our guests' experience in our vacation home more spectacular – we even installed a new shower-head with cutting-edge ‘Katalyst’ technology that infuses two liters of air per minute, to deliver larger, fuller water drops that creates a luxurious spa-like, completely indulgent showering experience.
*We also add extra touches such as welcoming aloha gift basket that includes starter amenities plus our vacation home is extremely well stocked for the convenience of our guests.
*To maximize our guests ALOHA experience we have hired a fabulous, exclusive MAUI CONTACT TEAM who meet & greet our guests & help you become familiar with the resort & our vacation home. Our Meet & Greet Team also provide a concierge service well before arrival to ensure availability & quality of experience for those guests who wish to plan activities, make reservations and gain ultimate insider, specialist knowledge - our guests appreciated their friendly approach & wealth of information! We also have an exceptional team of professional residential cleaners who take genuine pride in maintaining our vacation home to the highest of 5 star standards!
THE AMENITIES OF THE WORLD CLASS HONUA KAI RESORT:
* Maui’s NEWEST (in 30 years) whole ownership condominium on spectacular Kaanapali Beach
* Kaanapali Beach is a world famous destination with an expansive beach, snorkeling reef… #1 2013 Traveler’s Choice Beach Award
* 38 acre of manicured grounds with water features and spectacular pools
* RFID high security wristbands as the new KEY on property that open doors, gates and serve as pool area identifiers to ensure that only owners & their guests obtain the benefits of Honua Kai Resort & Spa pools and facilities. The ‘key’ wristbands are removable, stretchy, water proof and comfortable to wear on wrist or on person (pockets, purses...)
* Poolside Viking gas grills and picnic area with tables for dining
* On-site restaurants: *Duke's Beach House - one of Maui’s top restaurants with locally sourced ingredients
* A'ina Gourmet Deli & Market - convenient for your cooking needs, gifts and great lattes and ice cream…& just opened - new onsite well stocked Whaler's General Store with a broad assortment of everyday items.
* Free fitness center rooms featuring brand new, top of the line equipment located in our Konea Tower plus an expansion coming soon
*On-site concierge service
* FREE valet parking & bell service (not including tip – the Hawaiian people are very hardworking and have much aloha in their hearts)
* Ho’ola Spa on site in our Konea Tower! experience Hawaiian spa treatments
* 24-hour staffed security
* Honua Kai is a smoke free resort
EXPLORING THE AREA BEYOND HONUA KAI RESORT AND SPA:
*Shopping center, Times supermarket, great restaurants, rentals… just ACROSS THE STREET
* Snorkel stunning reefs right out front of the resort on Kaanapali Beach (been named America’s Best Beach)
* Scenic boardwalk and trail meanders along beach and past ocean-side restaurants connecting Honua Kai to Whaler’s Village - enjoy early morning runs or gentle walks
* World-class shopping (local stores, outlet mall, designer boutiques, art…) at Whaler’s Village and the quaint historic port town of Lahaina – just minutes away by car or nearby bus
* Championship golf courses nearby (Kapalua Plantation - home to Mercedes-Benz Championship, North & South Kaanapali Royal and Kapalua Bay courses within 10 minute)
* Sunset and snorkel cruises, whale watching, sport fishing, sightseeing, bird watching, helicopter tours…
* Stand-up paddle-boarding, zip lining, hiking, kayaking, surfing, hiking, horseback riding, parasailing, boat charters…
* Scenic drive to Hana with bamboo forests & waterfalls, tour or bike or hike Haleakal, festive luau... and so much more
….limitless as your imagination - the magic of Maui awaits you with endless opportunities for making lifetime memories
OUR PROMISE TO YOU:
* Professional, personal and courteous care from us, the owners
* Welcoming, responsive answers to inquiries and questions
* Our Maui Contact & property caretaker are minutes from the resort and on-site almost every day to ensure that your stay is effortless and enjoyable
* Aloha gift with Hawaiian coffee, chocolates & amenities & other extras...
* Credit cards and e-checks accepted with NO surcharge fees - book securely and confidently through VRBO
We do our best to ensure that you enjoy our place in paradise as much as we do!
Robert and Maureen live in Canada and feel really fortunate to have a place in paradise at Honua Kai Resort and Spa and to be able to connect with so many wonderful guests! Growing up, Rob’s family had vacation homes in Maui for over 30 years and his family moved to Maui for a year when Rob was 13 years old. Rob and his sister went to school at King Kamehameha in Lahaina that year. Robert now owns his own construction company and Maureen is a Registered Clinical Counsellor. After marrying, Rob and Maureen chose Maui as the perfect place to celebrate their honeymoon and later stayed at Honua Kai Resort and Spa twice with their children before purchasing from the developer in 2013. Honua Kai Resort and Spa really feels like coming home.
With warm aloha,
Maureen and Robert
Maureen and Robert Parker purchased this studio in 2013
Honua Kai Resort and Spa on Kaanapali Beach, Maui, has everything imaginable. Maui is such an amazing place with tropical great weather all year round (voted “Best Island” Conde Nast Traveler for 19 years) and Kaanapali Beach not only has less rain than other areas of Maui, but also a beautiful five mile stretch of soft sand and crystal clear, gentle water.
Walking into Honua Kai Resort and Spa we feel the relaxed, aloha spirit of Hawaii. It’s a magical experience… we ease into the day with lattes or ice cream from A'ina market right in the resort and then either play at the pools, relax in the sun, go off on an adventure or find great shops to browse. We often end the day with a great home cooked feast using ingredients from Costco and local markets and end the day in a hot tub or with an evening stroll along the ocean boardwalk. We are never without our camera to capture wonderful memories to sustain us until our return to Maui.
We are nearing the end of our fabulous three week stay at Honua Kai Resort and Spa… somehow time seems different here in Maui…. there are many moments when time seems suspended, when one is lost in moments of pure joy, love and laughter and yet it seems like in a blink time has flown by, and only captured in a memory. The other morning I decided to ‘make the most’ of my morning walk and leave my camera in the condo so as to get a workout before starting my day. Hawaii has a way of teaching many lessons if one is open. Rob decided to join me this morning and humoured my need to walk briskly but by the time we reached Black Rock he had convinced me to leave the walking path and kick off our shoes and meander along the shoreline – the water was just cool enough to be refreshing as it gently caressed our ankles and invited us to enjoy the moment.
From years of boating, Rob has picked up the habit of always scanning the ocean and he suddenly spotted dolphins off shore. They were only about a block out and travelled along the edge with us, all the while jumping and spinning while we made our way along the beach. Like a pied piper, the spinning dolphins collected many followers along the way back till we finally reached Honua Kai and like the finale at the fireworks they exploded in unison jumping and spinning before heading off to Lanai. We headed off also but to Ãina for our morning latte, still spouting about our experience, when an outrigger guide shared that he saw the spinning dolphins from the water and from his viewpoint there were around 300 of them! Hawaii is teaching me to slow down, smell the plumeria flowers, take time to stroll along the water’s edge, and be open to the gifts that Maui offers.
We just purchased our brand new condo from the developer and really enjoyed spending quality time in our vacation home and can't wait to come back! We loved starting each day on our lanai looking out to the ocean nibbling on local pineapple, mango and apple bananas topped with yogurt and granola. We enjoyed the sun filled days at the pools or Kaanapali Beach and explored close-by sights like the blowhole and canopy topped jungle valleys within a half an hour drive! We are really excited about sharing our vacation home in paradise with wonderful guests and hearing about their wonderful experiences. Honua Kai Resort and Spa is a really magical place!
My husband and I honeymooned in Maui 20 years ago and couldn't think of a better place to celebrate our anniversary. We've done some traveling over the years but have never stayed at a vacation rental property before. Maureen and Robert's condo was absolutely perfect for our getaway. I knew immediately after speaking with Maureen that we found our place! Honua Kai resort and the condo are both even more beautiful than the pictures, and the staff were so friendly and helpful. They have taken so much care and pride in making their condo the perfect place to stay. We were so thankful for the helpful information provided about the unit, the resort, maps, places of interest, as well as a completely stocked condo with everything you could possibly need. We used the boogie boards, beach chairs, beach umbrella, and cooler that they provided every day as we explored a different beach. We got to snorkel for the very first time at Kaanapali Beach (in front of the resort) which was amazing and still remains as my favorite beach. If you love to walk or run, the beachwalk is perfect for those early morning runs or romantic evening strolls. Duke's restaurant on site was an added bonus, with breakfast, lunch, happy hour and supper a few steps away if you didn't feel like driving or cooking. I truly can't say enough wonderful things about our entire stay. Too bad we can't squeeze our entire family into your condo for out next trip! Thank you Maureen, Robert and Michelle for everything. We have fallen in love with Maui all over again and definitely won't be waiting 20 years to come back!
Thank you Maureen and Robert for your hospitality! We had the most wonderful stay at your beautiful condo, the view was spectacular, and you have furnished it with everything, beach chairs, umbrella, ice chest everything anyone needs! The property is beautiful, very friendly staff and pools galore! I plan on going back to Maui and would stay here again and again! Again Mahalo Maureen and Robert for your hospitality everything was just perfect I too now consider you Ohana! I recommend this rental to everyone you won't ever disappointed!🌴🏄🏼💓
What a great place! perfect size for the two of us, amenities were wonderful! Very clean and pristine inside and out. We loved the garden and ocean views from the balcony. The kitchen was great to manage the meals we chose to do on our own, with a full size fridge and most tools you would need. The only thing we missed was a coffee grinder as we like to "start from scratch!". Candice met us on our schedule to let us in and orient us to the technical aspects of the space and was conveniently available via text during the week. Maureen (the owner) also checked up to see that we were situated well for our week's stay. There are plenty of casual places to eat with in walking distance and Duke's for a "night out" as well as poolside drinks and pupus. The location is also convenient to other venues in Lahaina and Whaler's Village. The Beachwalk provided us an excellent daily walk to balance the relaxation time. Thanks Maureen for sharing such a wonderful place!
To be fair the condo itself for my purposes was very nice as were the owners themselves. So I would give a 4 out of 5 if that was it. However,,,,!!! that was DEFINITELY NOT IT. I had to deal with a MARIA and CANDICE. Now Candice seemed very sweet and helpful initially. Maria was a NIGHTMARE!! First much of my dialogue was through Candice and then on the day of my arrival i was switched to Maria. So AFTER 26 HRS of travel and now driving a rental car in route I called Maria no less than 3 times and left 2 diff texts messages. No response for 20 min. I called again panicking a bit because my phone was at 3% charge and asked her to please call asap. I still had no idea where I was to meet her. It's now midnight and after 10 min I get a text telling me she is busy with other rentors and will call me back in 5 min.......THIS IS AFTER I TOLD HER MY PHONE WAS DYING!!........15min later she called and we finally met. She appeared inconvenienced to say the least and made it clear from her behavior she did not feel like being there at midnight. I would have appreciated her ALREADY BEING THERE. HOWEVER, I HAD TO WAIT 20 MIN FOR HER TO ARRIVE. She was abrupt with showing the room and obviously was in a hurry to leave. Provided one plastic key and left. Needless to say I was never calling her again.
My trip was wonderful. I had a great time without a doubt but that was all on me. The day before departure I lost my one key in the ocean while swimming. I immediately texted and called Candice and Maria requesting someone meet me with a replacement. Not only did I not get a call or text back that night. I never got one the next day and no other key was provided. Therefore for the remainder of my trip I had to keep my door propped open and my personal items unattended while leaving the room. in addition, i was informed my room was to be chemically treated by 9 am and it would leave a significant odor. The condo owner nor my lovely concierge service in Maria and Candice bothered to warn me about this. Therefore am I pleased ....with the owner and the condo yes!....with the service ....ABSOLUTELY NOT.
Sincerely, Dr Zain
We had a wonderful stay at the property. Could not have asked for more. It's a do over!
This condo was perfect! My husband and I stayed there while we were in Hawaii for our wedding and honeymoon and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay! The condo was very clean, comfortable, and well stocked with beach goodies! The view from the lanai is gorgeous and a great place to enjoy your meals! Maureen was great to work with through the entire booking process and during our stay. We will definitely book again!
To maximize our guests ALOHA experience we have a fabulous, exclusive MAUI CONTACT TEAM who meet & greet our guests & also provide an optional concierge service for those who wish to plan activities, events or make reservations... whale watching, snorkeling, zip-lining, tours, fabulous restaurants... We are sure you will appreciate their wealth of info & friendly approach! There is so much to see & do in Maui or just relax and enjoy!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 11 2017 - Jun 14 2017
3 night minimum stay
Jun 16 2017 - Sep 5 2017
6 night minimum stay
Sep 6 2017 - Dec 15 2017
5 night minimum stay
Whale Season 2018
Jan 1 2018 - Apr 30 2018
7 night minimum stay
MAY JUNE 218
May 1 2018 - Jun 15 2018
5 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
|exit cleaning fee||$150 + Tax|
Rates vary by season & subject to change
Hawaiian Tax ID# TA-191-596-7488-01
Amenity Fee is $15 per night (subject to change at any time). Parking valet and bell service is included as well as access to facilities, fitness center & amenities of the resort, plus we've combined the most popular services for our guests - US & Canadian long distance calls, WI Fi & cable plus a starter amenity supply package. This fee is paid as an additional payment through VRBO upon booking & is required to fully confirm your reservation.
NO surcharge fees on credit cards/ e-checks (e-checks preferred as owners do not incur additional charges)
Local Maui contact / Meet & Greet and concierge service
NOTE: Call for last-minute 'gap filler" special rates or if your stay does not meet the nightly requirement, please feel free to phone or email us to explore options as we may be flexible depending upon the time of year, availability and if it is a ‘back to back’ or ‘gap filler’ booking.
Honua Kai Resort & Spa is a non-smoking complex;
Ensure dates are accurate as we are often fully book