IMPORTANT - IMPORTANT - IMPORTANT - IMPORTANT
IMPORTANT - IMPORTANT - IMPORTANT - IMPORTANT
YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE A 30-45 minute WATER TAXI OR FERRY TO GET TO DAUFUSKIE ISLAND, AT A COST OF ABOUT $55 PER PERSON ROUNDTRIP (INCLUDING GROUND TRANSPORTATION)
- Located directly on the beautiful Bloody Point beach
- Includes free use of the private villa building pool.
- By arrangements through DRG (the property rental group), access to the prestigious Haig Point Club's golf course and equestrian center.
- And talk about kid-friendly! The owner provides high chair, Pack N Play, and beach chairs & toys.
- A very private villa offering a wrap-around porch with views of the ocean and Low-country woods
Daufuskie Rental Group is proud to offer the luxurious SAND CASTLE VILLA!
The Sand Castle Villa is perfect for family vacations or a get-together of good friends. Situated in the beautiful four-story Sandy Lane villas complex, this corner unit boasts a wrap-around balcony with a spectacular view of the ocean on one side and sumptuous woods on the other. It is a very private configuration, and provides a very secluded setting, giving its guests the impression that they are in their own beach house. And, let's face it, we're talking location, location, location!! Situated on the magnificent Bloody Point Golf Club and in the island's most luxurious villa complex, you simply won't find a more perfect place for a memorable vacation.
This second floor unit offers one of the best views on the property. It is high enough to provide an unobstructed view of the lovely beach and the Atlantic Ocean, and low enough so that it all feels very accessible. The covered balconies provide a restful shade from the summer sun from which you can spend companionable times with simply indulge in your own private time with a good book. The balconies including tables and lounging chairs and are particularly wonderful for observing the sunrise while you sip your morning coffee and for ending the day while you watch the ocean fade into the evening sky.
Inside the villa, you will find luxury furnishings and everything necessary to make it quickly feel like your 'home away from home.' Upon entering the villa, you will be greeted by a lovely open floor plan featuring an architecture-designed plan, including a living room with high ceilings with recessed lighting, an adjoining dining room, and a fully-equipped kitchen with granite countertops and all modern appliances.
Your family will find the living room is a great place to hang out with a comfortable sofa (which is convertible to a bed!) and a love seat from which their occupants can admire the ocean view through a myriad of windows and sliding glass doors, or who can watch their favorite shows on the wide-screen TV.
The master bedroom has beautiful furnishings, has a private bathroom, and features its own balcony entrance. A second bedroom overlooks the wooded vista and also has its own bathroom. The third bedroom is tailor-made for the young people in your group, and has both a set of bunk beds and a trundle bed. (Kids love this room!) It also has its own bathroom, which has a second entrance that can be accessed from the living room.
Sandy Lane Villas
The Sandy Lane Villas complex is perched at the edge of the spectacular and historic Bloody Point beach. (Site of a ferocious battle between native Americans and British soldiers in the early 1700's.) The wonderful quiet, secluded beach is just steps away from your villa via a picturesque boardwalk over the beach dunes.
The large sunny pool between the complex and the beach dunes provides a fun destination for the whole family.* Along with spacious decking and ample lounge chairs is a shaded area for grilling. The beautiful architecture of Sandy Lane is in evidence with its many columns, arches, pillars and balustrades. The grounds have been professionally landscaped with palms and flowering plantings. This sensational, luxurious hideaway is flanked by pines, oaks and palms.
Your villa is located on one of the best-kept secrets on the eastern coast: Daufuskie Island. Your home overlooks 3 miles of pristine, quiet beaches where all you can hear is the sound of gentle waves and beautiful shore birds. Watch the shrimp boats, bike or ride horses along the beach, take a Historic tour and discover the Gullah History of Daufuskie or take in a round of golf. Don't forget to try our island delicacy, deviled crabs! Better still, we'll help arrange a full low-country dinner prepared by a local resident to be delivered directly to your cottage.
Daufuskie has several unique and colorful restaurants, Marshside Mama's, the Daufuskie Crab Company and the memorable Lucy Bell's Cafe. We even have a wonderful coffee shop located in the former school where the author Pat Conroy taught!
History buffs will enjoy exploring the island and visiting various sites providing a glimpse into the past, including the recently-restored Oyster House used as a 19th century Gullah meeting place, the Billie Burns Museum, ancient cemeteries, and the two-room school house where renowned author Pat Conroy taught and which was the subject of his first book, The Water is Wide.
Those interested in unique shopping opportunities will want to visit the Iron Fish Art Gallery, Daufuskie Peach, Daufuskie Blues, the Silver Dew Potter, Wine and Woodworks and more! And you certainly don't want to miss the Daufuskie Island Community Farm, where old and young visitors alike are encouraged to help feed the chickens and even to try milking a goat!
The island's motto is 'No Bridge? No Problem!'
- You will have to take a 30 minute boat ride to get to Daufuskie, which is a bridge-less island located between Hilton Head SC and Savannah, GA. We are happy to provide information about various ferry and water taxi options. However, before contacting us with questions about these and other issues, PLEASE review our website's FAQ page:
- Important Scheduling Information: There is a 3 day minimum, in the off-season, and a 7 day minimum running Saturday to Saturday during the summer.
- Any change in the operation of the Sandy Lane villa pool is solely at the discretion of the building management and not within the control of Daufuskie Rental Group.
- The Bloody Point Resort is currently closed, and its amenities (including the restaurant and golf course) are not available. DRG can provide access to the private Haig Point Club's golf and equestrian center.