Experience high-end luxury in a downhome setting in this newly-renovated 1-bed+queen loft, 2-bath vacation rental home in Arabi. As one of the first homes built in St. Bernard Parish, the 'Old Arabi House,' a 1,400-square-foot camelback style house for 4, embodies the traditional southern style of the Creole State. Whether you came to Louisiana to bait a hook or experience Mardi Gras, this home's furnished patio and proximity to the Big Easy make it the perfect home base for your Gulf getaway.
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Loft: Queen Bed | Living Room: Queen Pullout Bed
After an unforgettable night in the French Quarter, regain your energy with a cup of coffee on the furnished patio. Surrounded by beautiful architecture and southern charm, there is no better place to soak up the sun and start your day.
Looking to avoid the humidity? Relax in the cozy living room with a flat-screen TV. Complete with vaulted ceilings, a double-sided gas fireplace, and French antique furniture, the living room is a unique combination of modern and traditional.
When thoughts of Creole cuisine start to swirl around your head, whip up a delicious dinner in the fully equipped kitchen. Whether you choose to prepare jambalaya or gumbo, the stainless steel appliances and expansive granite counter will make your cooking process a breeze.
For an unforgettable meal, ditch the indoor dining table and enjoy your meal under the yard's 120-year-old oak tree. As you wine and dine at the patio dining table, you and your friends can share stories, laughs, and of course delicious food.
This home's second floor boasts a unique yin and yang ambiance thanks to the loft and bedroom's differing decors. The loft, boasting an electric fireplace and cathedral ceilings, has a bohemian flair while the master bedroom's modern decor and en-suite bathroom give it a 5-star ambiance.
No matter which bedroom you choose to retire to after rinsing off in one of the walk-in showers, you can watch the flat-screen TV from under the covers of a soft queen bed.
-- THE LOCATION --
Located less than 5 miles from the French Quarter, this home is a fun bike ride or short Uber from one of the country's most boisterous areas. With delicious restaurants, rich history, and booming nightlife, New Orleans' oldest district is sure to be a centerpiece of your escape to the Big Easy.
Similar to the French Quarter, St. Bernard Parish has a unique history. Sitting less than 2 miles from the 'Old Arabi House,' the Chalmette Battlefield, home to the last great battle of the War of 1812, and The Old Arabi Sugar Museum give visitors a look into what this area once was.
When you don't feel like cooking head to one of the area's many local restaurants. Arabi's quaint arts district is home to art lofts, unique shops, and a plethora of delicious eateries like Stella Maris, Kitchen Table Cafe, and Bacchanal Wine & Spirits. No matter what you're craving, you're just a stone's throw from the cuisine your pallet seeks.
The Gulf Coast is one of the United States' most popular fishing destinations so be sure to drop a line during your stay. Whether you're an experienced angler or first-time fisherman, local companies like St. Bernard Fishing Charters and Backwater Guide Service can provide you with a professional guide to help you catch a slew of flounder, redfish, speckled trout and more!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, stainless steel appliances, a double-sided gas fireplace, 3 flat-screen TVs, a furnished porch, outdoor dining table for 4, a bathtub, driveway parking for 2, street parking, and more!
- Unbeatable Arabi Location- Less than 5 miles from the French Quarter, walking distance to the Chalmette Battlefield, The Old Arabi Sugar Museum, and delicious restaurants, and minutes from top-notch fishing!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport - 900 Airline Dr, Kenner, LA 70062, (~19 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note that there is an extra person fee if you're traveling with more than 4 guests (5 is the maximum occupancy at this property)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Early check in or late check out may be available for a fee. Please reach out to the guest contact for further information once booked.
- If the home is found in an unsatisfactory condition requiring any additional cleaning, the guest WILL be charged an additional cleaning fee of $150.00, so please return it to the condition in which you found it
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- Short Term Rental License Number: 5118095