|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
BRAND NEW CONSTRUCTION. READY end of July 2017. I am doubtful you will find a newer or more finely appointed home within 100 ft of the water in Southwest Harbor. Located on the the very desirable Shore Road with expansive views of both Southwest Harbor and the Mountains of Acadia. From the front of the house you are looking straight down the entrance of Some Sound. One can see Greening Island, Bear Island Lighthouse, Sutton Island, and a partial view of the Cranberry Islands. The house is about 100 feet from the water's edge. Both Upper Bedrooms have AC. 2 upper bedrooms both very large. Neighbors house rents for $3800 at 1400 sq ft and 3 small bedrooms and no king beds.
- Kitchen - White Shaker Style cabinets with crystal glass knobs. Deer Isle Granite on Counter tops. Island with Bar also with Deer Isle Granite. Large French doors in kitchen out to from deck area
- Dinning Room - separated from kitchen with by island with Bar. Island with bar to have four stools. 2 large windows with views out to water. Kitchen and dinning room with custom ship-lap wainscoting with very light yellow paint on walls above
- Living Room - Walls done in 8" Vgroove Pine painted a shade of white. Dinning and kitchen separated from living room with 6"x8" rough sawn barn type beams. To be furnished with a bluish couch, 2 over-sized chairs, and a rocking chair. 29 linear feet of window. 10'x5' window looking out to water
- Decks - 16'x20' deck in front of living room. 6'deepx20' deck in from of kitchen/dinning. 6ft deep covered porch on side of house.
- Bed1 & Bath 1 - located on first floor. Two built in twin beds. Room decorated nautical style. Navy/white stripped bedding. beadboard on walls to 5.5ft and 2.5ft of painted drywall above(sky blue). Nautical decorative elements such as antique boat oars hanging on walls, ship sconces on walls. Bath is sink and tub...wainscoting with Cobalt blue tile in shower
- Master Bedroom - located on 2nd floor. King Bed. approx 12.5x16. 12" wide pine floors. Cucumber painted ship-lap on the walls Ceilings vaulted to approx 9ft with v-groove pine whitewashed. 2 large windows out to the water. Furnishings will be combination of new farmhouse wood bed, mixed with some antiques. Private large bathroom behind bedroom with walk in shower and double vanity. Carrera marble floors and counter.
- Guest Bedroom - King Bed. approx 16'x19'. 12" wide pine floors, white ship-lap, and white-washed vgroove pine on ceilings. 9ftx4ft front wall of windows out to water. French country decorated. White, antique looking iron sleigh bed, antique french country nightstands with marble tops, sitting chairs, Peonie floral bedding. Bathroom for this bedroom is in the hallway(design constraints). White subway tile on walls/shower. walls in a very light yellow. Window with view out to water.
Lower Level - Fully finished lower level...you will never know it is lower level! 15x20 bedroom/TV room. Pullout couch and twin bed. 45'TV. Full bath. Bedroom area is a IRC compliant bedroom in that it has a IRC compliant egress window.
All furnishings are either antique, or new furnishings of high quality.
Home surrounded on three sides by large professional perennial gardens...the colors will be unmatched by any in town!
$4,000 is for 6 people. Up to 8 people at $40 extra per person per night.
'Downtown' Southwest harbor is a short 2 minute car ride and the Seawall beach of Acadia National Park is 3 minutes by car.
Unlimited U.S. long distance, Cable TV, and Wireless Internet are included.
We have been coming to Mount Desert Island for over 15 years. After renting down the street 2 years ago, we enjoyed the Manset side of Southwest Habor so much that we immediately started searching for a property in Southwest Harbor.
Jen & Len purchased this house in 2013
The views of both the Harbor, Mountains, and boats(both pleasure craft and fishing) are unmatched. The craftsmanship, combined with the furnishings and gardens are unmatched in Southwest Harbor
This cottage proved to be perfect for our family vacation to Mt. Desert island.
The house was bright, airy, comfortable and clean. The neighborhood was quiet and we loved the views from the master bedroom and deck. We were very pleased with the location in Southwest Harbor, a much smaller community than Bar Harbor, but with ample attractions and places to eat. Plus it's only short 20 minute drive away from the main loop in Acadia National Park. We definitely would recommend this property and would happily stay here again.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jul 29 2017 - Sep 2 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
100% due upon booking in order to secure reservation plus $500 security deposit.
Cancellations are not accepted
3 Hour of cleaning is included in the rate. Excessive cleaning will result in loss of part of security deposit. If PETs are viewed on the property by housekeeper, neighbor, caretaker, or otherwise - you will be asked to leave the property, remaining days will be refunding, not deposit