Built in 1868, this lovely 3-bedroom, 2-bath vacation rental house exudes New England culture and charm in southern Rockland. This updated home accommodates up to 8 travelers and sits within a 5-minute drive to the dynamic shops, restaurants, and museums in historic downtown. Enroll in a sailing lesson, rent a kayak, or visit the Owls Head Lighthouse just 5 miles away. Attend a seasonal event in Harbor Park or take a scenic 20-minute drive up the coast to explore the picturesque town of Camden!
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: 2 Twin Beds | Living Room: Double Pullout Bed
First built by Abraham Titus in the late 1800s, this 1,500-square-foot home maintains the perfect balance of old-world charm and updated amenities. Original hardwood floors and exposed beams welcome you to unwind and relax with family and friends.
As you follow the beams into the living area, you'll find a gas Vermont Castings stove surrounded by plenty of furnishings with enough seating for everyone in the group. Around the corner is the family room where you can watch your favorite shows on the flat-screen cable TV.
The open floor plan makes it easy to wander into the newly updated, fully equipped kitchen that features stainless steel appliances and recessed lighting. Try out a new lobster bisque recipe to serve at the dining table with seating for 4. When the weather's nice, spend leisurely evenings out on the furnished deck where you'll have front row seats to the starry night sky above!
Settle in for the night in one of the upstairs bedrooms. The master bedroom offers a comfortable queen bed facing a flat-screen cable TV. The jack-and-jill bathroom boasts a vintage clawfooted tub and pedestal sink atop checker-board flooring.
Kids can have their own space in the third well-appointed bedroom just beyond the second bedroom. They're sure to get a good night's rest in one of the 2 provided twin beds.
You couldn't ask for a more convenient location in Rockland! Located on a quiet street surrounded by mature pine and cedar trees, this home is only a 15-minute drive from Owls Head State Park that features an operational lighthouse with seasonal tours and gift shop.
Take a 5-minute drive to downtown where the Center for Maine Contemporary Art, The Maine Lighthouse Museum, and the Mississippi Blues Trail eagerly await to entertain you. Eat with the locals along Main Street at venues such as the Rock City Cafe, Rustica, or Park Street Grille.
If you're in town for the Lobster Festival - you won't have to travel far to experience the fun at Harbor Park! This event venue is only a 12-minute walk away, so be sure to check the calendar for other seasonal events.
If you're itching to drive up the coast, visit Camden just 20 minutes north. Admire the early 19th-century architecture before kayaking in Penobscot Bay. View the scenic terrain from one of the trails in Camden Hills State Park after touring the restored Opera House with family and friends!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances, large furnished deck, gas fireplace, 2 flat-screen cable TVs, free WiFi, in-unit laundry machines, and much more
- Charming Rockland location just 5 minutes from historic downtown with shops, restaurants, marinas, museums, within walking distance to Harbor Park with seasonal festivals and events, a 20-minute drive from Camden and other coastal attractions
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Portland International Jetport - 1001 Westbrook St, Portland, ME 04102, (80 miles away)
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with $25 per stay fee (maximum 1 cat or 1 dog, 20 lbs. weight limit)
- No parties or large gatherings - smaller events or gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- City License Number: R18-34