About the property
- Cabin1906 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
If you're searching for a charming California mountain getaway, look no further than this 3-bedroom, 2-bath vacation rental cabin in Big Bear. This 1,906-square-foot cabin accommodates up to 6 travelers and features a private hot tub and garden in the fenced-in backyard. You'll be just 5 miles from the shops and restaurants in the Village, and even closer to Bear Mountain Ski Resort! Rent a kayak at a nearby marina or view the lake from a different perspective while hiking the Pine Knot Trail!
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed
You're sure to enjoy the scenic drive through the San Bernardino Mountains to reach this lovely Big Bear cabin. Fresh alpine air and the sapphire-blue lake eagerly await to transport you into mountain paradise!
The living room boasts pine-paneled vaulted ceilings and a classic brick gas fireplace. Unwind on the L-shaped couch in front of the flat-screen cable TV with family and friends.
Follow the copper slate tiles into the fully equipped kitchen where hearty home-cooked meals are waiting to be prepared. The stainless steel appliances and granite countertops are sure to please the designated chef in the group!
Serve meals in rustic style at the indoor picnic table under the antler chandelier. Discuss the day's highlights over a tasty meal before heading out to the private hot tub to relax under the starry night sky.
All 3 bedrooms offer comfortable queen-sized beds and plenty of dresser space to host your entire wardrobe. The master en-suite bathroom even features a walk-in shower, access to a walk-in closet, and a double vanity.
Alpine adventures await to be found all around this Big Bear cabin! Pack up snacks for an early-morning start as you trek along Pine Knot Trail located 15 minutes from the property. Savor the forest's stillness as you glimpse through the trees to view the lake.
When you want to be on the water, rent the watercraft of your choice from Big Bear Marina. Jet skis, kayaks, pontoons, and speedboats all deliver stunning views of the breathtaking terrain!
Winter months attract skiers and snowboarders alike, across all skill levels. You won't have to lug your ski gear very far - Bear Mountain Resort is a short 5-minute drive from this cabin abode. Test out the slopes at the neighboring Snow Summit Resort just 10 minutes away.
Shop for souvenirs in Big Bear Village just 5 miles from this cabin. End your evening dining at one of the restaurants along Pine Knot Avenue including Peppercorn Grille, The Black Kat, and Jaspers Smokehouse & Steaks.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances and granite countertops, private hot tub, fenced-in backyard, furnished porch, 2 flat-screen cable TVs, free WiFi, gas fireplace, in-unit laundry machines, and more
- Peaceful Big Bear location just a 5-minute drive from Bear Mountain Ski Resort, 10-minute drive to Snow Summit Ski Resort, 5 miles to the Village with shops, restaurants, easy access to hiking, biking, snowshoeing trails and more
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with $50 per stay fee (maximum 1 pet)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
Evolve Vacation Rental Network
- Response time:
- within one hour
- english, french, german, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Amazing Cabin!! Best time ever!!
First, I'd like to say thank you to the owners for entrusting their beautiful cabin to us!! We followed the directions and when we arrived we were pleased to see the cabin was portrayed exactly as pictured. The beds were comfortable and family room was cozy. We did cook a few meals and the basics were there. Definitely would love to stay here again!!! See you next year!!!
It was ok
From the pictures we were really excited to stay in this cabin. When we got there this was still true for a big bear cabin, this place is beautiful. Unfortunately, the really awesome looking bathroom was poorly done. Nothing really worked in it, especially the shower. I called and complained that it wasn’t working and they said it was probably because the pipes were frozen and there was nothing they could do about it. It never did start working though (even on the warmest day) and with 6 adults it was a big inconvenience that we all had to use one small bathroom. If this is a normal occurance they should maybe rethink where the pipes are because it is big bear and on the warmest day it got up to 50 degrees and the sun was shining right where they said the pipes were. All in all for the money we spent for the cabin, I was disappointed.
Kellie, thanks for your review. We're glad you appreciated this charming Big Bear Cabin overall! We do apologize for the issues you encountered regarding the bathrooms not working properly. We're glad you reached out to the guest contact to inform them, and we regret that the actions we've taken were unsatisfactory for your stay. While it's unfortunate we're unable to control the access to water due to the pipes freezing, we've let the owner know abut your experience so any possible adjustments can be implemented for future guests staying during the winter. Thanks again for your feedback, and we hope to host you again soon! Best, The Evolve Team
Gorgeous home in a beautiful neighborhood
This home is absolutely stunning. It is nicely updated with a very open living space. The neighborhood is beautiful and peaceful. It's remote enough to feel private, but close enough to be an easy drive to Bear mountain for skiing. It's a bit further from the Village, but still a quick drive. The hot tub was running and ready to go when we arrived! The only suggestion we would make is to have more supplies in the kitchen. We had planned to cook our meals in, but we couldn't because we only had one small 8" frying pan, one spatula, some tongs and a few mixing bowls - doesn't really cut it when cooking for two families. Here are some other tips for travelers:
1. The coffee maker is a regular coffee maker (non-Keurig) - totally fine, but we figured our fellow caffeine-addicted travelers may want to know so you can plan your morning coffee.
2. The TV in the living room defaults to the wrong source when turned on with the universal remote. We couldn't find the TV remote anywhere, but eventually were able to find the manual source buttons in the back left/bottom of the TV. It took us a day to figure this out.
3. The neighborhood is very quiet, so if your group is on the louder side, this may not be the place for you.
4. There are plenty of extra towels in the cabinet next to the washer/dryer.
5. The washer/dryer work well and there were even Tidepods available which was an added bonus (no dryer sheets though).
6. There is no shampoo, shower soap or hair conditioner so definitely bring those.
7. Red Baron pizza- has great pizza, excellent wings, and they deliver!
8. Yard is fully fenced which is great for dogs.